Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Custom titles.

Last posted Jul 22, 2016 at 09:03PM EDT. Added Apr 08, 2014 at 02:07PM EDT
62 posts from 51 users

As the title says this thread will be about the custom titles however not existing ones. The question: If you can get a custom title what would it be? I'm dreamed few for myself subculture expert, Karma hunter (obviously I never get that or any other), and few other. And you? Do you ever thinked about any?

My God, it feels like we have these threads monthly. The reason some people on this site have special names is because they did something, or they begged for it to someone high up until they gave it to them.

Carno's end. wrote:

My God, it feels like we have these threads monthly. The reason some people on this site have special names is because they did something, or they begged for it to someone high up until they gave it to them.

'They say he begged. Like a dog.'

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Carno's end. wrote:

And if you would read carefully I said your title. Not mods' titles, not staffs' titles, YOUR title.

Masking your begging for a custom title is a big no no that even the most dramatic and attention seeking users would tend to avoid. People don't like this topic due to the backlash it gets over time. It's not even practically good for begging for a custom title anyways.

It's good enough we have a contribution titles thread over in Site-Related, but one about custom titles? Not only that, but your execution of this thread is stellar. Truely stellar.
Like Carno/Taur said, we have too much of these off-topic threads and it feels monthly.

On-Topic: Consversatonilist

All you have to do is beg or be nominated for something. How do you think all these unofficial titles came to be?

On-topic: Iunno, SHSL something.

Ugh, Carno/Taur's right, we seem to be getting these on a regular basis these days. A message to anyone who desires a custom title:

Making a thread "discussing" custom titles is one of the most transparent forms of begging you can make. If you're gonna beg for a title, do it behind the scenes so I won't have to roll my eyes as often as I do.

I only ever desired the title of "Image Moderator" not because of the title but because of the position. Of course, now that I'm a "Meme Taxonomist" that title would take precedence anyways. And as a person with a custom title, allow me to say this: I won't lie, it feels nice to have a custom title, mainly because it makes you stick out amongst the crowd. It's a pin on your lapel which tells people you've been recognized by the site's higher-ups. Besides that, you get over it quickly; and if you happen to be some poor sap that expects to be treated "better" or treated to be more important just because you have a custom title, you obviously don't know how the Internet works.

Anyone who asks for a special title should get their title removed entirely. Just a big ol empty space underneath their name.

Last edited Apr 09, 2014 at 12:16AM EDT

So let's make this clear: I'm not begging for custom title actually someone with one is mean nothing to me, the only thing important is how good editor is him/her. The cause I created this thread is to find out if by some unknown accident everyone could get a custom title what will they want, so what the title will say? I'm not saying if you write it here your you will get it. What am I saying is you probably never get it but if by some magic maybe you get one what should it be? So I think I made it clear, now back to the topic, so now what are you want guys?

Bilbo Swaggins wrote:

wait don't threads like these get locked after 30 days of inactivity?

Featured (and Stickied) threads stay unlocked basically forever until a mod or admin locks it manually.

Last edited Jun 12, 2016 at 07:05PM EDT

Lutien wrote:

Featured (and Stickied) threads stay unlocked basically forever until a mod or admin locks it manually.

this wasnt featured nor stickied nor did i ever change either status at any point in time

users discuss how is this possible

Last edited Jun 12, 2016 at 07:06PM EDT

LNH wrote:

this wasnt featured nor stickied nor did i ever change either status at any point in time

you unlocked it

mystery solved

LNH wrote:

I'd like my title to be "The User Who Found The Truth" and for everyone else be titled as "sheeple"

Last edited Jun 12, 2016 at 10:52PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!