Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

RandoChris' Original Character Discussion Thread (Let's Try This Again)

Last posted Aug 19, 2014 at 04:44PM EDT. Added Apr 11, 2014 at 11:44AM EDT
96 posts from 24 users

So, I guess I can give a bit of a history lesson for those who don't know. And this concerns the magenta tigress in the above picture.

So, I've commented before about how my main male character, Chris Hayabusa, was originally a Sonic fancharacter until my boyfriend, Hyperchaotix, convinced me to make everything in my fiction original and on their own. Well, I was already on that road but the one thing keeping me from reaching the destination was Blaze the Cat. She was a rather…unhealthy obsession for me when I became a fan of the character back in '09. Thankfully, I grew out of it, but I still liked using her. That's when Hyper suggested that I redesign Blaze into her own original character. And up there is the end result.

The only things my redesigned Blaze shares with the SEGA Blaze is her status as a princess and her pyrokinetic powers. Otherwise, she is now a character all my own and officially made my fictional universe completely original in terms of history.

Mandl Brought wrote:

I made someone who lives 1000 years in the future who is essentially Joel from Vinesauce.

Oh my god I gotta see that
Joel is a fucking national treasure

RandoChris The Uncommitted Furry wrote:

I have a huge roster of characters, the only problem is that I don't have a visual reference for them. curses lack of drawing talent

I relate massively with that statement.

I have a huge roster of characters, the only problem is that I don't have a visual reference for them. curses lack of drawing talent

((I have a literal ARMY of OCs[scriptliss not included]. And all I can draw is stickfigures, so..
))

Last edited Apr 11, 2014 at 04:36PM EDT

sameish
got a buttload of OC's but i have drew over my life maybe 60%?

Alright, I'll upload the character sheet of future-Joel.
Name: Dann J. Ampol
Birthdate: 27th of March, 2991 (23 years old)
Birthplace: Eris (partially made habitable), the city of Auburg.
Would be voiced by: Joel, duh.
Personality: A little rough at times, and a little dumb while in the heat of the moment. Has a very ironic sense of humor, and doesn't take many things seriously. Gets bored quickly.
Appearance: Somewhat slender and tall body shape, hazel eyes, dark hair, slight stubble, and dirty clothing.
Skills: A good stand-up comedian. Absolutely fantastic with electronics, and has a high level job at Mass Electronics, who hold around a 25% percent market share at most planets.
It's a little rushed, but let's see how you guys like it.

ALRIGHTY-O!
Name:K1 (Daniel Kells)
Appearance: Above average. Target mask. Navy blue trench-coat and jeans. Fedora (A.la: mobsters from the 1910's)
Personality: Cool, calm, collective and intimidating. Rather smart and sneaky.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral to Lawful Evil
Born some where in Detroit, Daniel's life was tough being in a semi-poor neighborhood. His mother was from New York and his father from Brooklyn with Italian heritage. When he was 16, his friend was killed in a drive-by and his mother was injured in the same drive by. After that, he went to pursue a career as a police officer. After becoming a police officer he grew tired of gangs and came up with a thought. He would make his own gang to destroy all other gangs in Detroit. And now he and his gang of faceless goons steal and kill for their own needs. The "killing other gangs so no more gangs and crime in Detroit" thing got lost years ago.

Last edited Apr 11, 2014 at 10:20PM EDT

Time for my super hype wrestling badger. Visual reference is her wrestling gear. (Should've picked better clothing colors though.)

Name: Bailey Rosworth

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 235 lbs.

Measurements: 34-28-36

Eye Color: Brown

Hobbies: Training, painting, video games

Dislikes: Phony people, bad wrestling

Powers and Abilities: Thanks to her training, Bailey is extraordinarily strong, easily one of the strongest in the world. Besides wrestling, she's also trained in Boxing and Muay Thai to help give her a striking base. She can use her chi like Chris and Shojira, but she prefers not to out of personal pride.

Bio (Built around my first story in progress): Bailey Rosworth was born the only daughter in a group of two older brothers and one younger. Her father had the hopes of her behaving as a "real lady" and being different from her brothers. (He quickly accepted otherwise.) At two weeks old, she was already much larger than other babies, not to mention stronger. When she was 6, she had the habit of always hearing loud cheering and booing from her older brothers' room (the youngest wasn't born yet.) around 7 o'clock every Monday and Friday. One night, she entered the bedroom to find them watching TV. They said it was "wrestling" and she wanted to join them and watch. Fortunately, she was quick to grasp the concept and knew what was going on and saved her brothers headaches from constant questions. Soon, young Bailey was a fan of the Global Wrestling Alliance (G.W.A.).

As she continued to grow in age and size, Bailey found herself in school with a lot of kids obviously interested in her for her size. She wasn't bullied, thanks to said size. But instead, the bullies approached her, under the guise of not only being her friends but also that they'd pay her to help them out. Unfortunately, some innocent kids that seemed bad to Bailey were roughed up. Thankfully, she wised up after a week and put an end to it (at least engaging in bullying) but she was feeling guilty about the ones she put her hands on, who she couldn't apologize to since they would run away from her. After coming home one Friday night, she was watching wrestling with her brothers when she noticed that the female wrestlers…well…sucked. The ones she grew up idolizing, Rocket Ringtail, Ms. Golden Eagle, and Lily Lynx, were being shoved off to the side for these new wooden, untalented frauds. She indeed became upset, but she turned that emotion into determination that she'd be a pro wrestler herself, and change the world of women's wrestling…maybe even the organization.

She asked her parents to enroll her into a martial arts school, specifically wrestling. Her father begrudgingly agreed as long as she didn't complain about the lessons. On her first day, she noticed two smaller boys, one of them actually being one of the kids she bullied. The young tiger, Shojira Hyujimoto, cowered a bit upon the first couple lessons, but once their teacher had them engage in trust exercises, Bailey made clear how much she regretted hurting him, along with the other kids. Shojira started to warm up to her once he understood and forgave her, though he made a little joke about she could've tried harder.

Meanwhile, the other boy, a little wolf named Chris Hayabusa, was rather meek and quiet, not talking much. Bailey invited him to her 9th birthday party, which her former friends, the bullies, showed up uninvited and started hassling Chris. Bailey stood up to them, prompting Chris to handle the situation himself, with a burning fire in his eyes. After that, he and Bailey began growing closer, to the point where they begun hanging out with Shojira during the weekends of elementary school and once they were able to attend high school.

Once she saved the money, at 19, Bailey entered a tryout for the G.W.F., armed with years of physical and combat training and practicing what makes a great pro wrestler. She passed with flying colors, her appearance influencing the decision considerably. Even with the glowing approval of Rocket Ringtail, Bailey did not stop looking for new ways to improve herself. Four years later, after getting used to the limelight, she has been thrusted into the main event scene. But combined with her personal life, what new things await Bailey, especially with a personal invitation from the King of her home country of Sol to be a part of an upcoming global festival?

I make oc's a lot…but not really like furry ocs or in game character creation ocs anything like that.I want to be a comic illustrator someday so I make tons of stories in my head and have drawn a few of the characters for the characters in the comic book.
So do those count,right?
:?

Last edited Apr 12, 2014 at 09:32AM EDT

MaysJedi wrote:

I make oc's a lot…but not really like furry ocs or in game character creation ocs anything like that.I want to be a comic illustrator someday so I make tons of stories in my head and have drawn a few of the characters for the characters in the comic book.
So do those count,right?
:?

Of course they do. XD

So this is one of concepts for a main character in a comic series I'm working on based on a comic series I did as a kid that only 3-5 friends even know about. Comic was called Powerpumper since my childhood was innocent and didn't notice how stupid that name was at the time. A hero with an orange and yellow tight suit with gauntlet pumps (sorta like them arm cannons on megaman, but yellow and just gauntlets) he had the powers of wind but later on would control light. The series was based around him and his fights against constant evil threats, mostly despotic alien races attacking the planet Powerpumper lived on.
Now I work on drawing concepts and coming up with mythos for universe PP lives in. Many characters have been changed due to how some of them were just ripped straight from other things since I was only 6 when I made the series.

-Pikachu is replaced with a alien electric wolf named Fulmavar

-Link replaced with an alien assassin with 2 small eyes above his head that act like natural scopes called Umbrox

I haven't done any concepts for awhile on my comic series since college and my betascrapscomic tumblr. Some things I have kept generally the same as it was as a kid that were the basis of the series like the fantasy/sci fi settings and origin story of PP. Although, now I'm making changes to make it more darker since the series was kind of silly like animes that go into ridiculous gags and expressions. His origin was he was a depressed kid who got bullied a lot and one day he got hit with a 1 mill. mile long tornado nobody could feel,see or hear but him and it turned him into a Pumper, which was a guardian of a far away galaxy with the powers of wind and secondary element based on what Pumper they were(Pyropumper=fire,Hydropumper=Water,ect.) He later finds out that he is a Pumper and that he was chosen by the god of that galaxy to defend his creations, the Slithuur race from an evil god of that galaxy who has his own planet and his creations, the Roanians. I'am going to keep how he has been chosen by a galactic god, but his origin story will be darker now. I'm changing to now he is from a broken family and his parents have died by gangs. He lives in a orphanage
and gets bullied by the kids of the gang that killed his parents at school. He is loved by the orphanage owner for his general moral highness and kindness towards the other kids in the orphanage. One day, he sees one f the gang kids smuggling dope to the school principal and goes to report it to the po-po. The police don't believe him (cause they got paid off by the gang since the whole town is corrupt). When he walks home, the gang kid and his father chase him down into the dark streets and alleyways and corner him. The gang kid's father blows out his kneecaps with pistol and his son kicks his ribs in. The father and son take turns raping him and keep on beating him and blowing out his arm joints and leave him there. The main character crawls and moans back into the street only to cry and have him die with him doubting the human race and how life is the greatest mistake ever. The entire time, the god of light from the Zombray galaxy weeps a tear and chooses him to be a Pumper. the main character awakens to life with a stronger body and suit. He is told that he is chosen to protect the gods world among the other Pumpers.
In the series I made as a kid, PP would age and would grow stronger and smarter just like anyone else would. I want to bring this back since I'm a sucker for stories of a kid who goes from learning from his friends and tutors on how to be stronger to slowly being that hero who eventually gets closer to his full potential. There is more to the story and to origin as well but I just want to summarize it to simplicity to get the basic keypoints. I can post the other characters on here soon, but I'll make newer rough drafts for them since I'm looking at them now, and they look kinda bad art wise to what I can do now.

I've had several ideas for OC's, but I'm always afraid that if I share them they'll be of the Donut Steel variety. Plus, I haven't had a way to draw digitally, but I may buy a drawing tablet though.

Good thread Chris!

One of my OCs.

Name: Unnamed. (That's not his name. I just never gave him a name other than place holders)

Height: 5'5" to 5'9". (Depends on age and how I feel that day.)

Eye Color: Blue

Clothing: Anything that's black, white, or is made of leather.

Hates: Waiting, Swimming.

Weapon of choice: Brass knuckles, Fist.

Powers and Abilities: Knows a bit of Kick boxing, boxing, and wrestling. Has control over electricity. Able to absorb electricity from sources such as electrical storms to a cell phone. The more electricity he stores into his body, the more powerful he is.

Weakness: He sinks like a rock in water. Has nothing to do with his powers. He just sucks at swimming.

Personality: Delinquent, Rude to the rude, Kind to the kind, Someone you can win over by ordering a meal, Stubborn

Here's a couple OC's that I thought up like 5 years ago, I only recently remembered and redrew them.
They don't have any real solid deets yet, because I'm a fucking lazy-ass cro-magnon, but I'm pretty happy with how their designs panned out

The one on the left is CK Buse, and the one on the right is David Buse (he's adopted I guess?)

Last edited Apr 12, 2014 at 08:15PM EDT

ProjectENDO wrote:

Here's a couple OC's that I thought up like 5 years ago, I only recently remembered and redrew them.
They don't have any real solid deets yet, because I'm a fucking lazy-ass cro-magnon, but I'm pretty happy with how their designs panned out

The one on the left is CK Buse, and the one on the right is David Buse (he's adopted I guess?)

Dude, real talk? I fucking love your artstyle.

cofffee haus real talk, I fuckin love you, my dawg

does anyone want me to just throw together a huge masterpost for my patented Ultra-Shitty OCs™?

ProjectENDO wrote:

cofffee haus real talk, I fuckin love you, my dawg

does anyone want me to just throw together a huge masterpost for my patented Ultra-Shitty OCs™?

Sue… Whoop, Freudian slip! Sure.

Last edited Apr 12, 2014 at 11:10PM EDT

ProjectENDO wrote:

HO-LEE SHEEET!

THIS ART STYLE IS AWESOME!!!

Okay well I got super nervous about postin my stuff, sorry it took so long
I won't share ALL my stuff but here's a few OCs that I'm pretty fond of
This dude don't got a name yet, I'm saving him for somethin way down the line

The next three are for a shitty thing that i've been doin for a while, but I haven't updated in like 6 months

This last one's actually someone else's OC, but they were getting rid of her, and I didn't want her to go to waste, so they sorta gave her to me. idk what I'm gonna do with her tho

ProjectENDO wrote:

Okay well I got super nervous about postin my stuff, sorry it took so long
I won't share ALL my stuff but here's a few OCs that I'm pretty fond of
This dude don't got a name yet, I'm saving him for somethin way down the line

The next three are for a shitty thing that i've been doin for a while, but I haven't updated in like 6 months

This last one's actually someone else's OC, but they were getting rid of her, and I didn't want her to go to waste, so they sorta gave her to me. idk what I'm gonna do with her tho

urge to ask for stuff rising

I'm Vern Fonk Apple. Annoying, insane, mean, and floats around. He could beat up all your ocs (he could turn them into dust in 0.00000000000001 seconds) but he chooses to withold his immesurable power. Did I mention he is the creator of the universe?
He has 100,000,000 fetishes but he's really into vore (what do you expect, he's an apple)

On a more serious note, making this post makes me want to drink a >%2 solution of tertiary hydrobutylquinione, but here I go:
Name: I'll get to that later.
Species: Allllliiiicccckkkccccooooooowho wants a glass of water, cause i am really thirsty…

Doctor Evil wrote:

I'm Vern Fonk Apple. Annoying, insane, mean, and floats around. He could beat up all your ocs (he could turn them into dust in 0.00000000000001 seconds) but he chooses to withold his immesurable power. Did I mention he is the creator of the universe?
He has 100,000,000 fetishes but he's really into vore (what do you expect, he's an apple)

On a more serious note, making this post makes me want to drink a >%2 solution of tertiary hydrobutylquinione, but here I go:
Name: I'll get to that later.
Species: Allllliiiicccckkkccccooooooowho wants a glass of water, cause i am really thirsty…

Dude, don't beat yourself up like that.

I guess I could also blab about some of the other details in my universe, considering that it takes place in modern times and it's an alternate Earth if there was a mutation in animal DNA that caused them to have human qualities. Pretty much meaning "Hey, some of our known history is now different." I'm copying and pasting some of my notes for the sake of speed.

Sol (Main continent, much like the U.S.A. in terms of landscape. Days last longer than their nights. Flag is white with red perpendicular lines with a sun in the middle. Country is led by Ferno Shirazi, a male tiger.)

Cordelia (Artic country, habituated by mainly snow animals like polar bears and penguins. Flag is deep blue with a motif of an iceberg. Country is led by Nikolai Barishakoff, a male polar bear.)

Barostiano (Reminiscent of Brazil, Chile, etc. Filled with reptilian and avian citizens as the majority anthro species. Flag is green with a yellow and burnt orange triangle with two red outlined stars filled with blue. Country is led by Rene Guerrez, a female human.)

Zirachi (Africa-esque nation, but with more developed countries. Inhabited by lions, gazelle, and other savannah animals as the majority. Flag is burgundy with a yellow pentagon in the center with a logo of a rock cliff. Country is led by Kimbe Arunda, a male zebra.)

Shen La (Asia-esque nation, brim with pandas and tigers. Flag is gray with a group of mountains in bright yellow. Country is led by Ling Zei Yen, a female peacock,)

Ratilausa (Australia-esque nation. Flag is black with a picture of the outback in a set circle. Country is led by Rick Praus, a male human.)

Helcomb (European nation. Flag is white, blue, and green. Country is led by Victoria Ernesto, a female pine marten.)

This is my tigress Lei-Mei Hyujimoto.

And this is her brother Shojira. Both of them are orphaned and are close friends with Chris and Bailey since childhood. Shojira is 22 years old, and Lei-Mei is 19. Their parents were acclaimed doctors in their home country of Shen La but the family immigrated to Sol as a means to help the country in their failing medical industry.

I used to make a bit of BIONICLE OCs (or rather, OCs made out of BIONICLE parts). Quality was, uh, highly variable, but I never could get good photographs out of anything. A few of them are still built, so maybe I'll try to get a pic or to out. I still make a few LEGO minifigs which I think might fall under OCs. After a while of making more of them though, I start just making characters that look cool and eventually forget details about backstory or personality. I can draw somewhat, but I usually doodle weird made up animals and what not, so I don't think it it really falls under "character."

Way way back in the stone ages (when I was eight) I thought up a comic with an anthropomorphic cat and his robot friend. My ideas for the characters would often change but for the most part the cat guy would be a lovable arrogant jerk and the robot would be the voice of reason and they would endure wacky hijinks whilst living in suburbia.

Over the years characters would be added, altered, removed entirely. The idea has been swimming in my head for so long (i'm 17 now) that their actual appearances are unclear when I try to actively think of them. Thus the chances of me ever drawing them in such a way that I am satisfied is dim.

Aside from a few super hero ideas that hold my attention for about a week the most solid thing I have for an OC is a guy called The Freak i've made in every WWE game i've played. He's from West Virginia, wear's luchador mask, and has steel gray hair. I often characterize him as being a "hardcore" wrestler.

Conman The Terrible wrote:

Way way back in the stone ages (when I was eight) I thought up a comic with an anthropomorphic cat and his robot friend. My ideas for the characters would often change but for the most part the cat guy would be a lovable arrogant jerk and the robot would be the voice of reason and they would endure wacky hijinks whilst living in suburbia.

Over the years characters would be added, altered, removed entirely. The idea has been swimming in my head for so long (i'm 17 now) that their actual appearances are unclear when I try to actively think of them. Thus the chances of me ever drawing them in such a way that I am satisfied is dim.

Aside from a few super hero ideas that hold my attention for about a week the most solid thing I have for an OC is a guy called The Freak i've made in every WWE game i've played. He's from West Virginia, wear's luchador mask, and has steel gray hair. I often characterize him as being a "hardcore" wrestler.

So, was your guy kinda like The Sandman?

So, was your guy kinda like The Sandman?

Funny thing is in SvR 2010 I gave him The Sandman's entrance without really knowing who it belonged to.

But as for if he's like The Sandman? I guess you could say they're similar in that they're both hardcore wrestlers. But my guy wears a mask and why would Sandman ever want to cover up that gorgeous mug of his?

Last edited Apr 19, 2014 at 10:02PM EDT

Conman The Terrible wrote:

Funny thing is in SvR 2010 I gave him The Sandman's entrance without really knowing who it belonged to.

But as for if he's like The Sandman? I guess you could say they're similar in that they're both hardcore wrestlers. But my guy wears a mask and why would Sandman ever want to cover up that gorgeous mug of his?

To keep women from gushing their panties. Obviously.

Now it's time for a HOOMAN (drawn by Linkara's title card artist, MTC-Studios).

Now, I'm not going to reveal too much about Tobias, since I want to save a lot of his background for my story.

But what I CAN reveal is that he has the ability to create various creatures through his blood. It has to be openly drawn, but he only needs to use a small incision in order to access those abilities. He cannot manipulate other people's blood for his needs, but he CAN use any blood that lands on him to help heal small wounds. Otherwise, I'd be revealing too much. But he is an important character that impacts the lives of the rest of my cast.

This is Auguste Kilroy. He is 25 years old. He is a robot operator and a technologist. He is smart and creative, but irresponsible. He actually has a mental disability, but it will remain unknown. That is all I got.

Please don't kill me. ;_;

Loving Flower Idiot wrote:

This is Auguste Kilroy. He is 25 years old. He is a robot operator and a technologist. He is smart and creative, but irresponsible. He actually has a mental disability, but it will remain unknown. That is all I got.

Please don't kill me. ;_;

OMG LOL UR CHARACTER SUKS LOLOLOLOLOLOL

No, but honestly, not bad. I would like to hear a bit more when you got something.

Whoa damn. Just…what is she?

an alien queen with egyptian influences. Idk, I drew it one day and don't have any story for her. Not part of the story of the first character I posted here though.

(--

This Captain is a leader of a spaceship crew. You'd think it's something lame as a navy, but no. It's a spaceship. Get on his level, you plebs.

Last edited Apr 28, 2014 at 08:38PM EDT

Not really a character. More like a species.

TVHEADZ
A species of beings with human like body's wearing business suits but have TV's for heads. Come in camera, faucet, lamp and other unknown flavors.
Also they seem to serve as disciples of The Screen Of Truth.

Last edited Apr 28, 2014 at 09:23PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!