Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

310,640 total conversations in 9,379 threads

+ New Thread


The Rant Thread V.2 - I Hate You All

Last posted Sep 06, 2014 at 04:15PM EDT. Added May 25, 2014 at 11:20PM EDT
113 posts from 56 users

Okay, here is where you rant without being judged. Be the asshole you always wanted to be. No restrictions, anything goes.

Side note: Unlike the “Unpopular opinions general” here we actually discuss about things and persons we hate.

May 25, 2014 at 11:20PM EDT
Quote

Inhales

What hate about Know Your Meme more than anything is the user base. We got people who disgustingly talk about raping one another like it’s actually funny. We got users with egos the size of football stadiums (e.g. Natsuru, Ann Hiro and RandomMan) Now, I can excuse RandomMan, only slightly, because I known him ever since I joined this site. But, Ann and Natsuru, naw. You’re on a website for memes.What’s worst, you think you’ll be worth something being a mod on a website for memes.

What’s really sad is I can’t find a fucking thread worth posting in because it’s the same dribble EVERY SINGLE TIME. We have a thread for shit posting, but even that shit oozes out of it’s respectable thread and smears onto the rest of the forums. Then, people make multiple posts with fucking reaction images. A whole fucking page full of it is fucking retarded.
This is the forums not the image gallery.

Also, if I delete your message from my wall, don’t ask why. I have my fucking reasons to do that, so don’t point it out. cough Adam Deland cough

Then, there’s users who actually try to win the mods JUST so they use them. Also, keep sucking RandomMan dick like half of yall been doing. Keep making fan art, gifs, or even cosplaying as him. He’s a fucking mod not Bundledick Cucumberpatch from wholock.

Oh, oh, we also got people acting like they’re mods. “You should instead post here” or “I think this should be in general”. Don’t waste up space and post. Let the mods move it. You’re just derailing the thread. And stop telling people to lurk more, we’re the KYM forums, not /b/.

Exhale

May 25, 2014 at 11:52PM EDT
Quote

None of you are amusing. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.
Your opinions aren’t important.
Using emoticons in a forum is stupid. You have the time and word-space to express yourself with words. The only variable is mental capacity.
These shitty “Roleplaying” accounts are bad. Someone pretending to be a fictional character in the forums, along with posting an image of the character every time, is useless and doesn’t constitute a reasonable contribution under nearly any circumstances.

May 26, 2014 at 12:24AM EDT
Quote

You know what’s BULLSHIT?

Boybands. I can’t stand these puppets. I mean, what’s their purpose? To promote pain and agony of the ears? No; it’s to be a virtual money tree. How? BECAUSE OF FAN-GIRLS. I’m starting to wonder which is worse, boybands or boyband followings? They’re as bad as beliebers I tell you! No. They’re even worse.

I don’t discriminate towards certain boybands. I hate all of them! ‘N Sync, THEM (You know who I’m talking about), and Backstreet Boys. I should probably pity them, but I don’t. They’re greedy. So, you know what? I will feel no remorse for them whenever the members try to go solo and crash ‘n’ burn.

“You don’t know you’re beautiful”? YOU DON’T KNOW YOU’RE BULLSHIT!

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 01:01AM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 12:57AM EDT
Quote

My issue? This is probably the first decent JFF thread in a while.
USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN. THINK OF A REAL THREAD, DON’T JUST MAKETHE USER ABOVE YOUGAMES. THIS IS A FORUM, NOT TWITTER.

EDIT: THIS THREAD NEEDS MOAR CAPSLOCK.

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 01:08AM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 12:59AM EDT
Quote

Samekichi Kiseki wrote:

I don’t like Frosty Liche’s rant.

Done.

That’s not a rant, that’s a statement.
This, this is the idiocy I’m talking about. I know trying is hard, is like, really hard for you people, but come on. I know some of you have “lives” which consist of you downing a 20 oz bottle of Mountain Dew and Pringles in under a minute. But, don’t make the rest of us suffer with your half assness.

But, no, we live in the age of fucking image macros. When you agree, you either fucking karma them or post a damn “up vote” or “this” image. No, please, don’t give me any insight as to why I’m right or wrong. Just, rub your ass cheeks on the 200 dollar computer screen you own.

May 26, 2014 at 01:15AM EDT
Quote

My turn.
Recently a bunch of people’s been busting their balls over shit like the new spongebob and just recent TV in general WHY THE FUCK SHOULD THEY GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT SOMETHING AIMED FOR CHILDREN?! I mean sure not liking something is common but going out of your way to spread shit like “OMG DEY ADED A BEYB 2 FAIRLY ODDPARENTS SUMTHING I LYK WHN I WS A CHLD,CHILDHOOD RUINED!” ,sure its okay to feel nostalgic and remember those “fun times” you had when you were a fucking eight year old or something but you’re older now ya shit,things change and its not like companies like Nickelodeon is gonna change because some guy in their early 20’s said their show is shit.
Time to put you big boy pants now and grow the fuck up

May 26, 2014 at 01:28AM EDT
Quote

“Maybe if I complain for long enough, everyone will eventually conform to my point of view unconditionally!”

It’s that kind of thinking that makes many people with potentially legitimate points on the website seem either like raging assholes or total tools.

If you want to see the website change, take the chance to become the optimal rolemodel, and knock RandomMan off his throne as the ultimate person to look up to on this website. Be social and be the person everyone goes to advice and wants to be like. Not wanting to get your cock sucked is a horrible excuse to not get started and become that. Because if they are doing things to please you, and are learning things from you, and learning how to behave from you, they are ultimately trying to become as good as you are.

Otherwise, shut your mouth. You are being nothing but annoying. The more verbal you are just shows how insecure you are to make the changes yourself.

May 26, 2014 at 01:37AM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

“Maybe if I complain for long enough, everyone will eventually conform to my point of view unconditionally!”

It’s that kind of thinking that makes many people with potentially legitimate points on the website seem either like raging assholes or total tools.

If you want to see the website change, take the chance to become the optimal rolemodel, and knock RandomMan off his throne as the ultimate person to look up to on this website. Be social and be the person everyone goes to advice and wants to be like. Not wanting to get your cock sucked is a horrible excuse to not get started and become that. Because if they are doing things to please you, and are learning things from you, and learning how to behave from you, they are ultimately trying to become as good as you are.

Otherwise, shut your mouth. You are being nothing but annoying. The more verbal you are just shows how insecure you are to make the changes yourself.

That’s the opposite of what I want in the Forums. I want to see people less dependent on these personality cults that have sprung up.

May 26, 2014 at 01:52AM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.
If you want to see the website change, take the chance to become the optimal rolemodel, and knock RandomMan off his throne as the ultimate person to look up to on this website

Not wanting to get your cock sucked is a horrible excuse to not get started and become that. Because if they are doing things to please you, and are learning things from you, and learning how to behave from you, they are ultimately trying to become as good as you are.

Of course, you would defend that of all things. No, when the people that ass kiss you cosplay, make gifs of you, and make fan art of your persona. That’s when it hits too far.

May 26, 2014 at 01:53AM EDT
Quote

We really need a better place to ‘store’ all these really disappointing thread games. I can’t stand seeing the same user post their version of “Add a Word” by making it look like “Add 3 Words”.

I can’t see any of the better JFF content like the drawing threads or the various sticky threads like the Funny Pictures thread. That is, if JFF’s content wasn’t made by 5 month old users.

Otherwise, General is really strict on general speaking, like you can’t make threads about what your favorite video game because it is considered to vague, and if posted on JFF, it will be filled with a lot of the newer members on the site posting, like Lich said, endless supplies of reaction images and macros. It also might just be frowned upon by being too general.

JFF is a really annoying place to have fun, which is very ironic, because Just For Fun is supposed to host fun, which is really does not considering this list of threads:

User Above You #1
User Above You #2
User Above You #3
User Above You #4
User Above You #5
User Above You #6
User Above You #7
User Above You #8
The Holy Undying User Above You Thread
User Below You

Please…stop.

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 01:57AM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 01:54AM EDT
Quote

‘Shrek is Love’ is the worst meme ever and the very fact it is being treated like a cult is an insult to internet fandoms everywhere.

May 26, 2014 at 02:18AM EDT

“Goat-tan” is one of the most retarded, shitty in joke this website has and the people that treat it like a religion are fucking retarded. It came from a manga of a man fucking a goat. A MAN FUCKING A GOAT! And don’t get me started on “Super Robo Jesus”. You know an in joke is nothing but cancer when members ACTUALLY make fanart for it. FUCKING FANART!

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 02:29AM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 02:26AM EDT
Quote

Well, since i’m enraged, I might as well begin.

WHAT I think is just insane are modern fanfics and shit like that. I made a thread on a million word-long fanfic about Xander fucking the Biker Mice from Mars, and there’s even a fanfic where the main character fucks a tetris piece. I’m serious, the fanfic authors of today take 2 random characters and just fucking throw them in their own shitty excuse for a story and have them fuck in sickening ways. When I first started using the net, I was watching vids by this dude named n1njaf0x on YT about Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go, and they were rather jarring and low quality, similar to that of dolan comics, yet they had a compelling storyline. Those videos are gone, but I still remember scenes from them. But now, looking at shit like this just baffles me. But hey, this is the internet. People are bound to do shit like this without reprecussions, but what I really fucking hate is-
May 26, 2014 at 02:45AM EDT
Quote

Schabbs wrote:

Well, since i’m enraged, I might as well begin.

WHAT I think is just insane are modern fanfics and shit like that. I made a thread on a million word-long fanfic about Xander fucking the Biker Mice from Mars, and there’s even a fanfic where the main character fucks a tetris piece. I’m serious, the fanfic authors of today take 2 random characters and just fucking throw them in their own shitty excuse for a story and have them fuck in sickening ways. When I first started using the net, I was watching vids by this dude named n1njaf0x on YT about Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go, and they were rather jarring and low quality, similar to that of dolan comics, yet they had a compelling storyline. Those videos are gone, but I still remember scenes from them. But now, looking at shit like this just baffles me. But hey, this is the internet. People are bound to do shit like this without reprecussions, but what I really fucking hate is-

Refrain from shitposting in what is made out to be a serious thread.
If you want to be witty, well, I don’t know, post somewhere else.

May 26, 2014 at 02:48AM EDT
Quote

@Lich:

There is a difference between following a role model and conforming to somebodies personality. A role model is somebody who can influence how people act in a constructive way rather than imposing a set of emotional rules on somebody.

However, saying it’s a sin to create Fanart of something is insanely hypocritical for a man who runs a Tumblr blog filled to the brim with Fanart (Last I checked anyways). Is it a sin for them to go off and draw or cosplay as their favorite personalities? Or do you stubbornly feel that this community is too small to warrant such things? Which is worse, dictating what somebody can choose to admire and use their skills paying tribute to what they admire or letting them use their skills for something ultimately useless? Or do you think a person with such skills would not actually be able to gain attention without that one sided relationship?

And most imporantly, if you restrict such freedoms to create fanart, does that not promote the “personality cult” you are so afraid of?

True, it’s possible to become friends with the subject in this case, but how much bearing do you think things like that actually have on the subjects life? If they where to log off and never return do you think they would be able to lead a normal life without having attention or fanart of them? Cause really, if they can’t I’d be worried about them and would move to help them with their problem rather than mindlessly attempting to chase everyone contributing to the problem off.

And I was using RandomMan was more of a Figurative example than anything. Also because I knew it was somebody you didn’t want to see in that position.

May 26, 2014 at 02:49AM EDT
Quote

Alright then. I was hoping that I could keep myself from jumping in, but fuck it, I gave up on that.

Let’s see how well I am with turning all of my valid points into rants.


@Mr Stalker

Yes, actually. I’ve never understood the need to feel like you can’t voice your discontent with anything really. If you can’t fucking stand something, just come out and say it. Don’t hold back. You hate an argument, tell us why, and be sure to rant about it. Why? Because stupid arguments need to be put in their respective places.


@Lich

Now, this should be fun.

Are you honestly trying to push your views on humor onto other living beings? As if anyone should honestly hold your opinions to be the end-all, be-all example of sophisticated and acceptable humor? Ha, I guess I’d agree with you that someone here definitely has an ego problem. Though I think your aim could use tons of work.

Also, while we’re on the subject of that ego thing, let’s move on to your next point. You’re telling me that you only accept the ego thing from RM because you’ve known him for a long time? I certainly hope not, because now you’d be sucking his dick. Also, for a guy who tells users not to worry about mod business, you seem to pay an awful lot of attention to users who have ever wanted to be mods. You even seem to be holding grudges. You sure seem to love building a hypocritical soap box to stand on.

Now on to your next point. I’ve always hated the argument that there are no good threads in the forums. If you’re unhappy with the content, then make some content yourself, you lazy fuck. Don’t expect others to sit around fulfilling your wishes for you. Or is that really all you’re after? Just eagerly sitting by hoping someone comes along and makes you happy for the moment, before you sink back into your sulking and await the next jolt?

Main point, your argument is invalid if you can’t even bring good content yourself.

The thing about the image galleries is that they don’t allow for any form of good conversation, so I’d excuse the users for posting reactions in the forums. After all, who the fuck has conversations in the gallery?

Your wall is your business, can’t fault you there.

You seem insanely obsessed with mods (as was pointed out before). Mods can handle themselves, they won’t be used. Stop worrying about such trivial things. And I actually prefer that users redirect other users. It shows us that at least SOME users know how the forums work. And lurking allows users to get a feel for the community, to understand what is acceptable and what isn’t. If users didn’t lurk, they’d never understand exactly what is considered rule breaking and what isn’t.

Of course, if evidence of productivity is what you’re going after, I’m sure we can leave all the good decisions to mods. That will definitely show mods that users are great people.


@Cale

You are just so insanely negative, man. Can’t you just for once enjoy yourself or something? I mean, why the hell do you even frequent a site you don’t even like? Do you just enjoy torturing yourself or something?


@Sam

Not a rant, jackass.


@Crona

I’ve already ranted about this mentality in my response to Lich. Read it there.


@Lich again

Right, because making everyone suffer with your constant anger and bitching and moaning is so much better than making people suffer with small lines of text. I’m glad you’ve set my priorities straight.


@Nats

For God’s sake, blow a gasket or something. I’ve never seen you rant properly. Controlling and bottling can’t be healthy for you.

More importantly, ranting is a completely legitimate method of blowing off steam from things that constantly annoy us in our daily lives. They in no way lessen the legitimacy of a person’s opinions, no matter how much of a raging asshole they may look like.

You can’t and shouldn’t expect people to be able to hold themselves back when speaking their minds. I’d argue that doing so lessens the legitimacy of the opinion, in fact. At least when someone explodes, they speak honestly, if not a little excessively. So you’re views on the subject are incredibly poor.

Also, your views on being a better person (or whatever) conflict greatly with mine, but that’s a personal thing. So, whatever.


@Cale again

What the fuck is a personality cult? Don’t just spew bullshit and expect it to validate an opinion.


@Lich (a third time)

Because understanding when an example is being used is oh so hard, right? Do you guys just look for things to be angry over? Are you people really that dense?

Also, what the fuck is so bad about having friends? You seem to make it out like it’s a terrible thing to obsess over stuff, yet you were constantly bothering Owens to play some game with you. Or is it only okay when you do it?


There we go, I’m done.

May 26, 2014 at 02:53AM EDT
Quote

I don’t like Frosty Liche’s rant.
Done.


WHAT I think is just insane are modern fanfics and shit like that. I made a thread on a million word-long fanfic about Xander fucking the Biker Mice from Mars, and there’s even a fanfic where the main character fucks a tetris piece. I’m serious, the fanfic authors of today take 2 random characters and just fucking throw them in their own shitty excuse for a story and have them fuck in sickening ways. When I first started using the net, I was watching vids by this dude named n1njaf0x on YT about Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go, and they were rather jarring and low quality, similar to that of dolan comics, yet they had a compelling storyline. Those videos are gone, but I still remember scenes from them. But now, looking at shit like this just baffles me. But hey, this is the internet. People are bound to do shit like this without reprecussions, but what I really fucking hate is-


STOP RUINING THE THREAD GET OUT.

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 03:05AM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 03:04AM EDT
Quote

I feel like every online fight ever could be easily avoided by people not taking themselves so seriously online. Not like we’re on a website about jokes or anything.

I guess if I were to rant it’d be about that. This community as it were was sorta big in my life for a long time and I held (and still do hold) a lot of the people in it near and dear to my heart, so every time a war happened, every spat that broke out, every group that had a melt down really brought me down. That’s when I noticed (sorta late in the game, admittedly) that pretty much every point of contention could have been avoided if someone simply hadn’t taken themselves so seriously.

Maybe I’m wrong, maybe I’m not and I’m asking too much. Either way just everyone try and fucking calm down and realize what you’re doing and where you are. Then maybe, just maybe, this community can go two months without someone having a dramatic “I’M LEAVING KYM” post only to be back a month later.

May 26, 2014 at 03:12AM EDT
Quote

HolyCrapItsBob:

You are just so insanely negative, man. Can’t you just for once enjoy yourself or something? I mean, why the hell do you even frequent a site you don’t even like? Do you just enjoy torturing yourself or something?

Because I used to enjoy the site, and the community it had. I don’t share any sort of connection with the community as it stands, I stay for the few friends I still have here.

What the fuck is a personality cult? Don’t just spew bullshit and expect it to validate an opinion.

Best definition I found is “excessive public admiration for or devotion to a famous person, especially a political leader”. In any case, this highlights a statement I said earlier, “Your opinions don’t matter”, which obviously goes for me too. I don’t see a reason to try and validate an opinion, or to justify the way someone feels about something, when it doesn’t make a difference. I’m not giving my opinion to convince someone, or to try and make an argument, I’m saying it because it’s a Rant Thread.

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 03:19AM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 03:14AM EDT
Quote

I take nothing I post here, or see posted here, seriously. Internet humor and geekery is for amusement.

Y’all niggas mad.

May 26, 2014 at 03:55AM EDT
Quote

I hate it when anyone anywhere on the internet takes anything too seriously.

When I hear stories of people committing suicide because of cyberbullying I almost thinks it’s funny because of how stupid it is.

May 26, 2014 at 03:59AM EDT
Quote

welp…time to vent out the dark side of me.
takes deep breath
Homosexual/Gay rights movement.
I’m fine with people being gay, but I think they should tone it down a bit…..
KIDDING,SHUT THE FUCK UP!
The gay movement I mostly see as whiny assholes who get mad if something gay isn’t in something! Look at the Tomadachi Gay Bug fix for example! They’re so desperate to put in gay marriage and gay couples to a silly happy game they will start stupid campaigns for something most Nintendo fans don’t give a flying shit about. Let Nintendo do whatever the hell they want if it doesn’t involve with something that will effect gaming negatively like whatever bullshit EA is doing, if they don’t want to deal with that stuff, it is their decision, but don’t call them fucking homophobes!
I also hate that word:homophobe. They will ALWAYS pull out this insult to someone who doesn’t mean any hate to the gay community, but just doesn’t agree with their views. I saw a stupid Tumblr blog for example, where its about people who hate the mlp fandom but like mlp. There was a picture of Lauren Faust’s Deviant Art comment response to someone who commented about gays being cartoons.Lauren Faust said it was more of an adult issue and wouldn’t deal with that in cartoons . I got so pissed when one of the tags was homophobic for the post.

Memebase
I hate memebase…there I said it. The mods on memebase are downright massive assholes who will just put up political or religious posts just to piss people off. Then sometimes, they just post some of the stupidest rage comics that ever existed. The community is full of assholes too. You got anti-bronies,super militant Atheists,massive assholes,trolls who are just massive pricks and not fun like Jihad Jimmy or Lez, and Console and PC elitists!
KYM will always be superior with the better community!

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 04:44AM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 04:41AM EDT
Quote

@MaysJedi

The whole reason people complain is they treat is as some kind of some adult issue and controversy but it shouldn’t be. Putting homosexual relationships in a game doesn’t really stir up shit, look at Mass Effect or Skyrim. It’s also to do more with what the creators said about it rather that it’s not there. Same with MLP. Would you really care if there was a homosexual relationship with two fictional horses or is that way too controversial. You got to also understand there is social justice warriors that take things to seriously and way too far for every movement ever.


I enjoy talking to the people here but some are dicks. For a few of these people they do it when justified but there are people who go out of there way to be a complete asshole. They aren’t doing it to have a joke or whatever, they are spiteful and quite frankly bitter people.

Also something that even some of the better members do is put all the blame on one person or thing or whatever. No one takes responsibility for anything they say or do and disregard what it does to others. People complain that people take the internet too seriously but while agree you should have fun on it and all, you should know what to take seriously and what to see as mere fun.

To conclude I think if your purposefully being a spiteful asshole to someone go fuck yourself and put down your keyboard get some fresh air and contemplate what you said.

May 26, 2014 at 05:23AM EDT
Quote

Right then, let’s do this.

I’m really getting sick and tired of seeing these bully victim suicide stories. Mostly because they’re never about someone who was truly innocent and just got hit with a string of unfortunate events that led to them take their own life. It’s almost always about someone (usually a teen girl who’s either white, or has very light skin) doing something stupid and can’t handle the various forms of backlash that follow. What gets me is how these stories portray these people as innocent saints who did no wrong in the matter, and the brain dead gullible masses eat this crap up like a fat kid at a candy store. And typically, anyone who dares to take the opposing side in these matters are needlessly chastised and crucified as a “Cyberbully”. That term alone just needs to die already, if these fragile kids/teens can’t handle what joe-nobody#19755849 thinks of them, then they don’t belong on the internet, plain and simple.

May 26, 2014 at 06:54AM EDT
Quote

In-joke religious Zealots.

I’m specifically saying Zealots here, because I don’t necessarily dislike people who like the in-jokes in general. I mean, I didn’t even hate some of the injokes that much, they were acceptably funny and did result in original content. I Need Blood for example showed some great variation in what users could come up with. So yeah, go original content, finally a change from the constant “User above you hurrdurr”. And I still don’t necessarily mind the injoke images that much.

But nowadays I can’t even remotely mention a goat, a cheeto, or jesus anymore without one of these fucking Zealots jumping in like the cancer they are. I want to try and make a funny post, not convert people to your “Lord and Savior Super Robo Jesus” or whatever the fuck that shit has been reduced to.

Remember when people disliked bronies because a small portion of the fans couldn’t stop slamming ponies down your throat? That’s what the religious goatfuckers are, but even worse.


Bad movie logic.

I dunno, this is more a pet peeve, but the frequency of it can really get to my nerves. For example when people run away from cars, surely it makes perfect sense to run away exactly where the car is driving. Surely it would make no sense to just, oh I dunno, jump to the side perhaps? You fucking deserve to get hit with that logic.


Self-acclaimed oldfags, both here and other sites.

Just, fuck all of them, no exceptions. The moment you start acting like an elitist fuck and believe you’re justified to do so because you have an account that surpassed a certain time period, you have become an embodiment of the word ego.

The length of your account means shit, how long you’ve been on the site means shit, the things you’ve seen go down on the site means shit, and you’re shit yourself as well because you think it holds any value. If you want to convince people you’re of any importance on a site, proof it through your actions and contributions and act by them, and don’t point people to the date you created your account.

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 07:02AM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 06:59AM EDT
Quote

Spider-byte wrote:

@MaysJedi

The whole reason people complain is they treat is as some kind of some adult issue and controversy but it shouldn’t be. Putting homosexual relationships in a game doesn’t really stir up shit, look at Mass Effect or Skyrim. It’s also to do more with what the creators said about it rather that it’s not there. Same with MLP. Would you really care if there was a homosexual relationship with two fictional horses or is that way too controversial. You got to also understand there is social justice warriors that take things to seriously and way too far for every movement ever.


I enjoy talking to the people here but some are dicks. For a few of these people they do it when justified but there are people who go out of there way to be a complete asshole. They aren’t doing it to have a joke or whatever, they are spiteful and quite frankly bitter people.

Also something that even some of the better members do is put all the blame on one person or thing or whatever. No one takes responsibility for anything they say or do and disregard what it does to others. People complain that people take the internet too seriously but while agree you should have fun on it and all, you should know what to take seriously and what to see as mere fun.

To conclude I think if your purposefully being a spiteful asshole to someone go fuck yourself and put down your keyboard get some fresh air and contemplate what you said.

Mass Effect and Skyrim are for adults, Skyrim is aimed at kids.
Its ok for games for higher ages because homosexuals is an adult issue.
Just like how sex is an adult issue. Sex and homosexuality should be talked about by parents to their kids, thats my stupid ass opinion.

May 26, 2014 at 08:17AM EDT
Quote

MaysJedi wrote:

Mass Effect and Skyrim are for adults, Skyrim is aimed at kids.
Its ok for games for higher ages because homosexuals is an adult issue.
Just like how sex is an adult issue. Sex and homosexuality should be talked about by parents to their kids, thats my stupid ass opinion.

Skyrim is rated 15, the first Mass Effect was rated 12, 2 and 3 are rated 15. Hardly adult would you say? I think you may be assuming homosexual is purely for same-sex intercourse. Lets say a kids show has a mum and a dad that is perfectly fine. 2 dads or mums is apparently controversial but it shouldn’t be. The most a young kid that was raised well would either ignore it or question their parents about it. All the parents have to say is that it’s just 2 girls/boys that love eachover very much.

The point is to say that by saying it’s controversial it’s saying as if it’s a abnormal thing and people think that’s wrong.

That will be last piece on the subject. You’re entitled to your opinion and I don’t want to derail the thread.

May 26, 2014 at 08:50AM EDT
Quote

*Walks in and clears throat

Big Youtubers……

Honestly, I think that most of these so called “stars” are nothing but talentless hacks that have whiny and annoying fanbases. Sure, some Youtubers like Jontron make decent videos but the rest, are just attention hogs who just want spew out garbage to their 8 year old fans. Shane Dawson just swears like a sailor and dresses in drag. RayWilliamJohnson just steals content form the popular page and gets away with it, while others do the same but gets flagged. ijustiune is the goddess of Misleading thumbnails and spams videos with no quality control at all. Smosh is the most unfunny, unoriginal, hacks of comedy. Their fanbase is so dumb, that they gave millionaires thousands of dollars to make an app game that hasn’t even came out, and add to that, the donations were over a year ago! Pewdiepie puts the “M” in man-child. Seriously, all of his videos he is constantly screaming like a baby, constantly making random noises like an animal. The most terrifying thing is, he is the most subscribed youtube channel (which puts my faith in hummanity at -18%)

The even worse thing is that Youtube is constantly trying to make these worthless channels get bigger. If you make a youtube account today, I bet you will get poodiepie as a dumb suggestion. Youtube never admires the small channels and treat them like dirt, both to youtube partners or not. I’m sick and tired of seeing smaller channels like PBG, the game theorists, Projared, AVbyte and many others get out shined by these talentless hacks..

The worst part of these hacks are the fanbases. Say something bad about Pewdiepie, you get immediate death threats. The Pewdiepie fanbase is so stupid, they litteraly search youtube videos to dislike people before even watching the video to see if its troll bait or not. The Smosh fanbase are swindled everyday by those con-men and they just sit there like nothing happened. The Tobuscus Fanbase is completely immature and the only humans that I’ve encountered that can survive without brain cells.

*Walks out of the room

May 26, 2014 at 09:25AM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

None of you are amusing. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.
Your opinions aren’t important.
Using emoticons in a forum is stupid. You have the time and word-space to express yourself with words. The only variable is mental capacity.
These shitty “Roleplaying” accounts are bad. Someone pretending to be a fictional character in the forums, along with posting an image of the character every time, is useless and doesn’t constitute a reasonable contribution under nearly any circumstances.

I agree with the last two. I’m not trying to be or act like spider-man. This is my first avatar where it’s exclusively him. The majority of my posts here have not even been about him. I want to be known as the guy who likes spider-man not the one who pretends to be him.

However I disagree with the first 2 points. Being amused by someone is subjective and secondly I think it might be better to re-phrase that as “Your opinions aren’t as important as you may believe them to be.”

May 26, 2014 at 09:53AM EDT
Quote

I have a bit of a problem with professional gaming. It just blows my mind that we’re living in an age where tens of thousands of people will spend a significant amount of money just so that they can walk into a stadium and watch other people play League of Legends. The players are idolised and treated as if they’re good role models, but all they’re doing is sitting in front of a monitor all day long playing the same video game over and over. That really isn’t the sort of person you should be looking up to for inspiration. It also seems highly unfair that those people should become millionaires for being good at a video game while others will earn a tiny fraction of that while actually doing something constructive for society.

I know that you can easily extend this argument to professional sports leagues, and it makes it a little difficult to justify sports while condemning gaming. The way I see it, by going into sports you’ll be keeping yourself healthy while also inspiring other people to get more exercise, which is generally a good thing. Inspiring others to sit inside and develop extremely competitive gaming attitudes on the other hand just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

May 26, 2014 at 10:10AM EDT
Quote

Cale wrote:

None of you are amusing. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.
Your opinions aren’t important.
Using emoticons in a forum is stupid. You have the time and word-space to express yourself with words. The only variable is mental capacity.
These shitty “Roleplaying” accounts are bad. Someone pretending to be a fictional character in the forums, along with posting an image of the character every time, is useless and doesn’t constitute a reasonable contribution under nearly any circumstances.

(we’re going into rage mode, go away if you don’t want it)

Oh my good fucking god, the emoticons.

You probably seen this before, but I seriously have the will to punch someone when I see that shit-choked :3 face or the dick-sucking :D face. They look fucking stupid. Why? Because they are fucking stupid. The only people who use these are 10 at the most and think they’re funny by using obscure “inturniit speekz”, “random” comedy (the kind of comedy that thinks just because waffles rain from the sky you should shit your pants laughing), and that kawaii bullshit. It’s a complete monstrosity from the past depth of HELL ITSELF. It’s the maddening of the human race and it should be EXPELLED from Earth. Thank god I only saw a faggot who used those faces one time.

May 26, 2014 at 10:44AM EDT

It irritates me when people blast the music they listen to out of some stupid portable speaker they have. This happens everyday at my school. Headphones exist for a fucking reason you know, so stop playing your shit out of a speaker, put on some headphones, and stop being an obnoxious asshole. I don’t care that you do what you want to, that you don’t give a fuck/shit/damn/etc., or whatever possible justification you have, not everybody shares the same music tastes as you. Wouldn’t you get pissed off if I started playing the music I’m into? Would you like me to start blasting DnB, and Hardcore? No, so stop playing your shit from a speaker in some public area, and save it for when you’re at home. Or you can keep a pair of headphones with you, this way you can enjoy your music, and not disrupt other people.

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 01:08PM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 01:05PM EDT
Quote

FUNDIMENTALISTS – Nobody (Save for you) cares about your religion, so stop pushing it down everyone’s throat.

ATHEISTS – It’s a statistic improbability that there is no being in existence with such ability that it may be called in human terms a “god,” “goddess,” or “daemon.” Don’t act so smug.

BOTH – If you see someone of differing opinion being stupid, combating stupidity with more stupidity is a SHITTY-ASS idea. Neither of you are as smart as you think you are.

May 26, 2014 at 02:16PM EDT
Quote

MrOcelot wrote:

My turn.
Recently a bunch of people’s been busting their balls over shit like the new spongebob and just recent TV in general WHY THE FUCK SHOULD THEY GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT SOMETHING AIMED FOR CHILDREN?! I mean sure not liking something is common but going out of your way to spread shit like “OMG DEY ADED A BEYB 2 FAIRLY ODDPARENTS SUMTHING I LYK WHN I WS A CHLD,CHILDHOOD RUINED!” ,sure its okay to feel nostalgic and remember those “fun times” you had when you were a fucking eight year old or something but you’re older now ya shit,things change and its not like companies like Nickelodeon is gonna change because some guy in their early 20’s said their show is shit.
Time to put you big boy pants now and grow the fuck up

True, I agree with you. One thing though, do the kids nowadays find these modern shows funny and amusing? There are a lot of good cartoons out there, but the ones like Spongebob that have some questionable humor with sometimes horrifying or disgusting art dont really seem all that fun. Whatever, maybe I just cant find what kids see as funny. Their childhood, not mine.

Also, wow look at all these walls of texts, filled with an inferno rage. Who else read it all?

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 02:30PM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 02:23PM EDT
Quote

John Atyxyt wrote:

This thread in a nutshell:

Yeah, I can’t believe people are complaining about things they don’t like in a thread about complaining about things they don’t like…oh wait…

May 26, 2014 at 04:09PM EDT
Quote

I listen to classical music and a lot of it, if not most of it, doesn’t have lyrics. People always ask me how I listen to music without lyrics and they say that music without lyrics is boring. That doesn’t make any sense. Music is the arrangement of sound. The whole point of music is the way it sounds and it’s not what the lyrics are. Lyrics are a language art. If you take the music out of a song, it’s just poetry. People pay too much attention to lyrics and they forget what music really is.

When people say that music is really good because of how good the lyrics are, they’re wrong. A lot of times, songs with good lyrics are musically boring. They’re just poetically interesting.

May 26, 2014 at 05:00PM EDT
Quote

Alright, I made a new rant, and this is about Metacritic. (Based on other rants about the same issue, please don’t flood me with downvotes again.)

You know how Metacritic works, they take the scores of different ‘critics’ and average them out of a hundred. Seems fair at first, until you hear that they judge the worth of your opinion based on your fame/popularity. What this says is if you’re more famous than others, your opinion is more valuable, which defeats the purpose of averaging out the scores. As for movies, good ones like Pain & Gain and The Hobbit get a 45 and and 58, respectively. What this says is that they’re under average, which is ok. In the case of The Hobbit, it’s mainly critics looking for a movie like the Lord Of The Rings, and weren’t reviewing fairly within it’s own merits, and for Pain & Gain, critics panned it because Michael Bay directed it.

(Yes, the transformers movies were bad, but give credit where it’s due!) As for the critics themselves, some of them feel that their opinion is above everyone elses, and look down upon people who like things that they don’t. Plus, there’s critics that usually give disproportionate scores; A good case of this is some guy’s review of Pain & Gain, who gave it a 0. (It may have been his opinion, but a 0 means that the movie failed on every level, including the most basic ones like sound and video editing, which means that some critics are just biased.) So, Basically, the site’s judging films based on (mostly) unfair, biased views, and holds popular critic’s views above everyone else’s, with scores based on which is why you shouldn’t really use it as a medium to judge films on. (Unfortunately, the same may apply to other critic sites as well.)

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 05:11PM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 05:09PM EDT
Quote

Alright, someone is BOUND to be butthurt about this, but I hate bronies.

When I say hate, I seriously mean it. They’re the biggest icon for “DOUCHEBAG” available all ‘round the internet and they seem so merciless to get out their fandom and strangle you with it. This shit is just a complete trainwreck waiting to happen. “some” bronies are the kind that hate the part of the fandom I’m explaining, and quotes around “some” are supposed to show that I’m being completely sarcastic about it and there are only 14% of the unholy specimens that are tolerable and good enough to share your breath with. The rest of the crew, however, is full of obnoxious retards who like to roleplay as either one of the characters or a original character. Yeah, lets talk about the Pony OCs. At around 70% of the time, a Pony OC will have ugly neon colors with black as the main (not mane) color. God help me, if I had 2 cents for every terrible excuse for a brony that I’ve seen, I would’ve raised enough to cure cancer.

May 26, 2014 at 05:57PM EDT

Okay, so the top two things I wanted to rant about have already been said, so let me state it.
-The cancerous side of the brony fandom.

@Slime ‘Cap
I Could not have said it better myself. Yes I have a friend or two who are bronies, but they are nowhere near that level of brony. They say they like MLP and are bronies, that’s it, nothing more. And they are friends of mine I’ve known for a couple years. But the dark side of the fandom is what I hate so much about, but you can never say anything about it without getting flakked by them because they cannot take a serious opinion. And the fanart, That shit is self explanatory. yah there is some good and descent art, then there is the dark side once more. I will say that the MLP is the worst fandom to have ever existed, as a whole. And I do not hate the show, I can understand why people like it, but its the people that like it is what makes it terrible and cringeworthy to take Seriously.

-Goat-Tan and the people responsible for its spreading of it and other inside jokes on this site.

@Your Local /tr/ainer and RandomMan
THANK YOU. This fucking joke needs to die. It is so horrible and unfunny that it makes me want to leave this site. I cannot go anywhere on this site without at least seeing a piece of the inside joke cancer somewhere in it. The worst part of it is, the moment something that mentions goats or anything related to it, you get the goat fucker zealots coming in and posting Goat-Tan all over it. For example the Goat simulator Entry. Just fucking stop already. Nobody wants to see a picture of a goat that was fucked by a man in a doujin written by a sick and twisted son of a bitch.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Okay, now that I got that out, now I will say what really want to rant about.

What really pisses me off is Drawing threads

Thats right, Drawing threads. They are fucking everywhere on JFF. All that they are is a chance for karma whores to be karma whores and get away with it, despite their content. Once some user makes a drawing thread, everyone jumps on the bandwagon and ask the Op for requests. With me, I made a thread for my tabletop miniatures so that I can have a more interactive thread with the user base and share what I love to do with them. To make it something more than just another Drawing thread but with miniatures.

http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/just-for-fun/topics/22750-asuras-tabletop-miniatures-painting-thread

But obviously, people hardly give a damn about it and only a few people even bothered to post or ask for requests, and most of them are the RP group people I chat with daily. I Try to bring something unique but people just don’t care because all they want is shit drawn for them. RandomMan featured it instead of just unlocking it for me when it auto locked prematurely. As a token of my appreciation, and not to kiss his ass in any way, I wanted to make a model based on him. He agreed and found a model he liked, I bought the model with my own money for him and took his requests on how he wanted it to be painted.

I Never finished it because it is hard to be motivated to do what I do when nobody is there to give me that small push I need to do it. So procrastination kicks in very easily and I end up just wasting time doing something else. I made my thread as a means to get me more motivated to painting my models. It gets fucking boring just sitting alone in my basement just painting with nobody else to paint with you or to motivate you to paint.

So my main point is, I fucking hate it when original threads with good content like mine get overshadowed and ignored due to drawing threads and the Karma whores jumping on the band wagon like most people. I am not ranting about just my thread, I am positive there were other threads that were overshadowed due to the Drawing threads.

The only exceptions are Muumi and Natsuru, they have been doing it for years now and are great people and artists in their own right. Its just the fact of the sudden surge of Drawing threads in than past few months is what bothers me so much.

So yah, I said all I have to say and let out. I hope people understand where I’m coming from.

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 07:10PM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 07:08PM EDT
Quote

i don’t understand why people would vote EA, a fucking video game company, as being worse than bank of america. Now hear me out. When i get a video game that i’m hyped about only for it to be very disappointing, or to be cheated or scammed i’m fucking upset. But real talk, is getting a bad video game honestly worse than getting your goddamn house foreclosed, or losing a bunch of your fucking money. I mean i don’t want to be the guy who throws out insults and i’m sorry if i offend anybody by saying this, but anyone who thinks a fucking video game company or a tv company is worse than a corrupt bank needs to get out of there parents basement, leave there sheltered lives behind and experience the fucking world.

May 26, 2014 at 07:23PM EDT
Quote

@ Asura

I get that you don’t like the amount of drawing threads and the popularity they get. I agree. However it also seems to be your complaining that people don’t really care about your thread. Originality is the defining factor in what makes a good thread. I personally think that all tabletop games like the Warhammer 40K ones are shit.

That brings me to my actual rant. I fucking hate Games Workshop. They sell overpriced figures that aren’t even made so you are putting your time and a huge amount of money because everything is really expensive whether it be paint, models or handbooks. On top of that the board game is more like a fucking bored game. I like Warhammer 40K with its lore and good videogames like Dawn of War. But the tabletop game is just moving shitty overpriced statues and saying, after you roll a dice, that you shot them. Why read a book about the epic battles of Space Marines and Chaos or play a game as a tau warrior against all the odds when you can move a couple of tiny statues with big tank statues.


Also some people need to learn how to use the shift key or even Caps lock. Please, it takes a second to make your post look not so shitty.

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 07:38PM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 07:35PM EDT
Quote

Spider-byte wrote:

@ Asura

I get that you don’t like the amount of drawing threads and the popularity they get. I agree. However it also seems to be your complaining that people don’t really care about your thread. Originality is the defining factor in what makes a good thread. I personally think that all tabletop games like the Warhammer 40K ones are shit.

That brings me to my actual rant. I fucking hate Games Workshop. They sell overpriced figures that aren’t even made so you are putting your time and a huge amount of money because everything is really expensive whether it be paint, models or handbooks. On top of that the board game is more like a fucking bored game. I like Warhammer 40K with its lore and good videogames like Dawn of War. But the tabletop game is just moving shitty overpriced statues and saying, after you roll a dice, that you shot them. Why read a book about the epic battles of Space Marines and Chaos or play a game as a tau warrior against all the odds when you can move a couple of tiny statues with big tank statues.


Also some people need to learn how to use the shift key or even Caps lock. Please, it takes a second to make your post look not so shitty.

Yes, I can understand what you mean. But look, it is a hobby, and it is a lot of fun whether you want to believe it or not. All of my friends play tabletop miniatures, and it is the social aspect of it is what makes the hobby great. Playing with other people face to face, sharing army lists and ideas, talking about paint schemes and techniques, etc etc. And yes, I do resent Games Workshop for its many bad decisions it has made and their price raises make me hate them more. I hate the company themselves, but I love their products to death. As a hobbyists standpoint, the quality of their miniatures and the amounts of fun I have playing and using their products is much more worth the price. And playing with a very customer friendly community and being surrounded by like minded people with great personalities and good armies that share the same passion abut their hobby is what I love about this hobby.

And yes, the video games and lore of Warhammer 40k is very enjoyable.

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 07:51PM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 07:49PM EDT
Quote

I have to say, the last six rants are pretty damn good. I’m not saying this because they validate my opinion, (even though they do a damn good job of it) they’re well structured, provide facts, lengthy, and just relatable. They all share the same views on things with me, which is also why I like it.

Oh, who am I kidding. You know why I like them.

May 26, 2014 at 08:17PM EDT
Quote

please don’t flood me with downvotes again.

Ugh pathetic ¿Why you are so desperate to be accepted? Stop trying so hard, is annoying.

EDIT bq. after the collapse of the cringeworthy general thread my karma’s been going downhill.


@Liche

I’m with Bob on this one. If you want the forums to be a more entertaining place then do something rather than sit in there and complain like a child. I’m your friend and I’m surprised in how many thing we agree but dammit man, step it up.


@To the jackass that told he was going to “make me pay”

GROW.THE.FUCK.UP. I don’t care how shitty your life is and I don’t care if people makes fun of you, that’s your fucking problem not mine. So instead of pushing your stupid problems onto me you should deal with them, you fucking 12 years old.


Sam wrote:

Hello guys, we are trying to keep it relevant in here. If you are not going to rant then please make your questions somewhere else.

Last edited May 26, 2014 at 09:19PM EDT
May 26, 2014 at 08:48PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!