Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Just For Fun] KYM Spirit Week 2! - Discussion

Last posted Jul 01, 2014 at 01:41AM EDT. Added Jun 05, 2014 at 10:41PM EDT
692 posts from 77 users

Alright everyone, It's time for Spirit Week. For those who don't know what KYM Spirit week is, it's seven days of fun that you can optionally participate in. Change your avatar/username to the days specific theme, like be a superhero, another user, a meme etc.

This is you the community will come in, Last year was a great spirit week, and this year I wish everyone can come together and collaborate in jolly cooperation. We want to know when we should start spirit week, and help community bonding grew even stronger.

So go ahead and post what ideas you have for Spirit week

*Example: "Monday should totally be change your avatar, and username to a meme day"*

Pretty simple, right? So who wants to help us with Spirit Week 2? Go ahead, and share your ideas below!

Last edited Jun 05, 2014 at 10:43PM EDT

Yeah, that's pretty much obligatory for Monday. I wholeheartedly agree. That thing about becoming another user is a genius idea. Maybe Tuesday could be user-swap day where total chaos ensues and you can't tell who is really who.

I can't wait! I hope lots of people participate.

Thursday should be Google Translate day. We put in what we want to say into Google Translate, translate it into another language and back, and the post the results:
For example:
"Here is a sentence." >Welsh
"Dyma brawddeg." >Back into English
"This is a sentence."

Friday is morning wood day.

lol, how about Friday to be artist day? We change our username to our favorite artist in any department (painting, comic books, music, etc). And our avatar is one of their works you consider to be the best.

Last edited Jun 05, 2014 at 11:05PM EDT

I know I'll get incredibly screwed by the other users but this really sounds fun. I never participated in the Spirit Week but I'll try, oh boy, I will definitely try.

EDIT: I just realize many people are already Roleplaying characters. Changing this.

Saturday should be a day of changing their username to a famous cat meme, an example being Long Cat, to follow in the footsteps of our league of cat memes. This derives from Caturday, where we must keep Caturday holy and sacred.

Last edited Jun 05, 2014 at 11:12PM EDT

Sunday – Favorite Meme of the Day
Monday – Favorite Show of the Day
Tuesday – Favorite Sports Team of the Day
Wednesday – Rule 63 of the Day
Thursday – Reverse Avatar of the Day
Friday – Favorite Color of the Day
Saturday – Be Another User of the Day

chowzburgerz wrote:

Sunday – Favorite Meme of the Day
Monday – Favorite Show of the Day
Tuesday – Favorite Sports Team of the Day
Wednesday – Rule 63 of the Day
Thursday – Reverse Avatar of the Day
Friday – Favorite Color of the Day
Saturday – Be Another User of the Day

This is actually a pretty solid list! I'm liking this one.

MasterBurner "Capo" wrote:

Thursday should be Google Translate day. We put in what we want to say into Google Translate, translate it into another language and back, and the post the results:
For example:
"Here is a sentence." >Welsh
"Dyma brawddeg." >Back into English
"This is a sentence."

This does sound fun. Haven't participated in a previous one, so I'm in.

I would like to ask you wonderful people to start thinking when we should start the fun.

Maybe somewhere around Monday or Wednesday next week? Isn't too far away, but gives other people the time to notice the thread and participate.

I think it should start the Sunday after all the days are decided and set in stone. We can spend the time before it happens forcing advertising the shit out of this to get more people to participate.

Personally, I'd like a waifu day, whether it be serious or ironic (for me it's a little of both); I recognize lots of people don't have waifus though, so if it were to be included it'd be with something else a user could do.

That Glaceon wrote:

Personally, I'd like a waifu day, whether it be serious or ironic (for me it's a little of both); I recognize lots of people don't have waifus though, so if it were to be included it'd be with something else a user could do.

Husbando/Waifu/Thing you Love Day.

Wonderful ideas everyone. I think we should wrap up the brain storming about Tuesday, and use the rest of the week to spread the word to the rest of the community.

I also hope that some people who normally don't go to the forums participate as well. Also I hope that we have so much fun that we bring the lurkers out of hiding, and join in on the festivities.

MasterBurner "Capo" wrote:

Husbando/Waifu/Thing you Love Day.

My avatar is my Husbando anyway, so that would be hard. I guess I just wouldn't do anything then.

This is my potential list.
Monday: Be a meme.
Tuesday: Be the opposite of your avatar.
Wednesday: Rule 63 Day.
Thursday: Bad translation.
Friday: Anagram usernames.
Saturday: Be your waifu/thing you love.
Sunday: Impersonate another user.

This is my suggested list. By no means that we have to do it this way unless everyone wants it that way. We have till Tuesday to finish the list. Then after that we spread the word.

Last edited Jun 08, 2014 at 11:56AM EDT

Here are my thoughts on the proposed days.

Monday would be somewhat awkward as I don't have meme images to hand.

Tuesday… I'm not even sure what the opposite WOULD be for mine. Except physical oriented.

Wednesday: Unless someone else is willing to whip up some rule 63 of my avatar by then, I'm not gonna be able to do that day.

Thursday: Define "bad translation" please.

Friday: VWORP. VWORP. VWORP… I can DEFINITELY do this one, I'll be using the singular form of my ORIGINAL username here.

Saturday: I don't have a waifu. Not possible to do this day…

Sunday: How do I impersonated user?

So, all in all, the only day I'll DEFINITELY be able to do is Friday.

Ann Hiro wrote:

This is my suggested list. By no means that we have to do it this way unless everyone wants it that way. We have till Tuesday to finish the list. Then after that we spread the word.

I think this is perfect. I won't be able to do maybe one or two. (Ex: Waifu. Never had one, never will. I might use an ironic one for comedic purposes though.)

The only thing. i don't get is the bad translations thing. Is that where everything you type you have to put it through an online translator? I dunno, sounds more tedious than fun to me. That's the only thing I'd really change.

I guess so. Well, I know we're almost done here, but I think this thread should be moved to General or even Site-related because I'm sick of it being constantly buried by all the games in JFF when this is a thread with relative importance. I'll PM whoever I see active at the moment with forum powers to see if they can move it for us.

Yeah, aside from my minor nitpicks above, the list is solid. I certainly approve. You should get a few more approvals before-hand though. Now, how will we advertise this?

Slutty Sam wrote:

I guess so. Well, I know we're almost done here, but I think this thread should be moved to General or even Site-related because I'm sick of it being constantly buried by all the games in JFF when this is a thread with relative importance. I'll PM whoever I see active at the moment with forum powers to see if they can move it for us.

Yeah, aside from my minor nitpicks above, the list is solid. I certainly approve. You should get a few more approvals before-hand though. Now, how will we advertise this?

This isn't important, and it's literally "Just For Fun".

Sonata Dusk wrote:

This is essentially a forum game, so it's staying in JFF for now. The last Spirit Week thread did fine in JFF, so I see no reason why this one shouldn't. If you're worried about it being buried, get more activity in the thread.

Yes it did indeed do fine last time in JFF, and it should stay in JFF. I also would like some non JFF regulars feel welcome to join in on the fun.

I believe that we should start Spirit Week next week, starting Monday.

Ann Hiro wrote:

Yes it did indeed do fine last time in JFF, and it should stay in JFF. I also would like some non JFF regulars feel welcome to join in on the fun.

I believe that we should start Spirit Week next week, starting Monday.

Sounds like fun! :3

Is there a defined set of days yet?

@thegreato

Ann Hiro wrote:

Slutty Sam wrote:

@thegreato

Ann Hiro wrote:

Got ya.

Is there a general list of those participating?

thegreato wrote:

Got ya.

Is there a general list of those participating?

Anyone who wants to. It's our goal to get the word out to as many people on the site as possible so that way it'll be more fun and interactive and more of a "Spirit Week".

Ann Hiro wrote:

Quesrion, what's a Waifu

Ann Hiro wrote:

Like last year I think there will be a thread made on that specific day to show off what each user has brought to the table.

If you like, I can add subtext to the title of this one to keep you from having to make a new thread every day.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!