Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,691 total conversations in 9,065 threads

+ New Thread

Ever wasted a ticket on the hype train?

Last posted Jun 18, 2014 at 10:59PM EDT. Added Jun 18, 2014 at 06:51PM EDT
13 posts from 13 users

Have you ever played a game, watched a movie,read a comicbook etc. where it was overhyped and you leave saying to yourself “well that sucked”.
This was my case when i watched the grudge and all i can say is “9 year old kids are not scary”.

Last edited Jun 18, 2014 at 07:03PM EDT
Jun 18, 2014 at 06:51PM EDT

This happened to me with Dark Souls II. Dark Souls was so wonderful, but Dark Souls II might be one of the most disappointing games I’ve ever played.

Jun 18, 2014 at 07:01PM EDT

Vividred Operation. Is going to be fun they said. It has lolis with boobs, they said.

Jun 18, 2014 at 07:28PM EDT

Did anyone see Elysium last year? No? Good.

It had everything, a 70s-ish sci-fi premise, heavy political subtext, the director and star of District 9…Matt Damon playing a Mexican for some reason? That should’ve tipped me off. I went in expecting high concept sci-fi, and left having felt my time had been wasted on a big dumb action movie. The least you can say about Michael Bay is that he doesn’t try to fool you into thinking his movies are anything but the biggest, dumbest popcorn movies ever made. Elysium wasn’t just bad – it was downright dishonest.

Jun 18, 2014 at 08:14PM EDT

Street Fighter X Tekken
I expected badass fights, glorious cutscenes and good gamemodes..
I got Abel and his fucked up bear fetish, the stupidest endings ever created and fricking GEMS
Also

I guess this was my DESTINY

Jun 18, 2014 at 08:34PM EDT

resident evil: operation raccoon city.
It had some pretty badass trailers

the game was a huge let down.
The campaign was short as hell with a whopping 6 missions. And the characters were bland, the online was decent though. The gameplay was redundant.

All in all it was a decent game, but a terrible resident evil game.

Last edited Jun 18, 2014 at 10:32PM EDT
Jun 18, 2014 at 10:07PM EDT

Metroid Other M. I actually liked it a bit, but nothing close to how I loved any other Metroid.
Sonic Chronicles for DS. The battle system was actually pretty good, but the music and ending made me think the devs had come up with those at the last minute.

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:38PM EDT

Day One: Garry’s Incident
And to think that I helped Greenlight that piece of garbage.

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:56PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!