Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Something you are good at but don't care about

Last posted Jun 27, 2014 at 11:02PM EDT. Added Jun 27, 2014 at 08:47PM EDT
6 posts from 6 users

This goes out to be people who are good at a particular skill but don't care about it.
For example i am very good at soldering components in a circuit, now my feelings are very indifferent about it but when i look at other people's soldering i sometimes say

"It is supposed to look like a volcano. NOT A BEACH BALL!!!"

Last edited Jun 27, 2014 at 08:47PM EDT

because of my large size (6'4, 280 lbs) people have been telling me my hole life that i should do football. Back in highschool the coaches would ask me whether or not i wouldn't to try out the for football team, but I've always been a science person, when i did try out for the football but i would always put it off to go visit chemistry club. And even earlier in elementary and middle school, while everyone else would go and play I would usually just be alone by myself reading a science book or just contemplating about things like astronomy, oceanography, biology, geology.

So yep I have the body of a linebacker, but football and sports in general don't interest me in the slightest.

Last edited Jun 27, 2014 at 09:31PM EDT

I'm actually adept at Track, but the last thing I want to to is get on a track course. I'd rather skate or play video games for a living.

I am excellent with kids. I am very patient with them, know how to keep them entertained, and kids always seem to love me…. but I really don't like dealing with kids at all. I don't hate kids, I just am more or less indifferent towards kids.

As someone that has interest in animation, I often get told that I'm a better voice actor and that's what I should pursue. I would probably try that, but living in Virginia there aren't that many laces I could go to and try to get a job. But I at least try to pursue both on an independent level.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!