Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

309,529 total conversations in 9,495 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
good fffriggin comment

Last posted Feb 28, 2015 at 03:02AM EST. Added Jul 17, 2014 at 02:26PM EDT
192 posts from 56 users

ah, the comment section. the best part of any website and our is certainly know exception. this thread is too share the golden wisdom nuggets spread around the site. screenshot (in case it gets deleted and link to it.

don’t downvote them or respond to them or they will stop, just laugh at them from a safe distance


http://knowyourmeme.com/comments/1673110

Nothing says “talented lover” like pretending to be a jedi online


http://knowyourmeme.com/comments/1665991

this user is probably a lot of fun at parties

Last edited Jul 17, 2014 at 02:28PM EDT

Hahaha! The great thing about this is that most of these people have no idea that the forums even exist, so overall we’re safe. Also, yeah, the comments are damn full of misogyny. I’m not really one to throw that word around willy nilly since it’s abused so much nowadays, but they really are. Also, if anyone tries to defend feminism in any way, they get downvote-bombed no matter what pretty much.

Captain Blubber wrote:

ah, the comment section. the best part of any website and our is certainly know exception. this thread is too share the golden wisdom nuggets spread around the site. screenshot (in case it gets deleted and link to it.

don’t downvote them or respond to them or they will stop, just laugh at them from a safe distance


http://knowyourmeme.com/comments/1673110

Nothing says “talented lover” like pretending to be a jedi online


http://knowyourmeme.com/comments/1665991

this user is probably a lot of fun at parties

Wasn’t the whole thing about Jedi is they weren’t meant to fall in love and that’s why we got emo Anakin?


This comment.

This is what he’s talking about

Last edited Jul 17, 2014 at 04:27PM EDT

You post you learn. It’s not that hard to read your comment before posting. Does this make sense, is this what I really mean and want to say?

And sometimes, you post things that really don’t mean to offend anyone, just critism or an opinion on an event, and people will downvote you. It’s like YouTube videos, there will always be dislikes on videos, even tough there’s nothing wrong with them.

I started to stop commenting around the time I reached 900 commnts or so. There are a lot of shitposters in the comment sections, not saying that the forums don’t either.

I think since a lot users care about their karma, they’re more considerate in what they post in the forums, because their karma shows up on their wall, and comment votes don’t.

Gary The Goth Loli wrote:

You post you learn. It’s not that hard to read your comment before posting. Does this make sense, is this what I really mean and want to say?

And sometimes, you post things that really don’t mean to offend anyone, just critism or an opinion on an event, and people will downvote you. It’s like YouTube videos, there will always be dislikes on videos, even tough there’s nothing wrong with them.

I started to stop commenting around the time I reached 900 commnts or so. There are a lot of shitposters in the comment sections, not saying that the forums don’t either.

I think since a lot users care about their karma, they’re more considerate in what they post in the forums, because their karma shows up on their wall, and comment votes don’t.

Captain Blubber wrote:

Actually they can get even worse than stealing someone else’s joke!!

YOU WOULDN’T DARE THAT’S JUST EVIL

Besides, when it comes down to it, everyone acts like a newfag when they first join

Last edited Jul 17, 2014 at 09:59PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

YOU WOULDN’T DARE THAT’S JUST EVIL

Besides, when it comes down to it, everyone acts like a newfag when they first join

Go fuck yourself, old me >:U

I have more of old you, if you’re interested.

Basically I’m now going to be spending the night digging up dirt on users. It’s actually really fun. Plus it makes me feel better when users dig up all the old dirt on me.

Last edited Jul 17, 2014 at 10:07PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

I have more of old you, if you’re interested.

Basically I’m now going to be spending the night digging up dirt on users. It’s actually really fun. Plus it makes me feel better when users dig up all the old dirt on me.

Do me next pls.

Well, the forums have a way better community in comparison to the comments, that’s fo sho.

I mean, it’s not a total mess, but there’s a lot of generous downvoting and just general hate.
Worst thing is that people there don’t seem to understand what sarcasm is.

Fishstick wrote:


What a fun shitstorm this was.

Slime now has a small hatedom who follow him around and downvote all his forum posts just because of that. I might feel sorry for him if he didn’t proceed to whine about it everywhere.

Taryn wrote:

5 months ago. 5 months ago. That’s about half the time I’ve been on KYM. I’ve changed, for better or for worse, I don’t know.

Also did you read the context of the thread? I was replying to a user that had been downvoted and began to complain. I gave him a reason, and that was that generally speaking, unpopular opinions are not taken lightly. Why’d you feel the need to point that out?

Taryn, what point are you trying to make. Hat’s off to you for remembering a comment I made months ago that I forgot about.

Last edited Jul 18, 2014 at 08:52PM EDT

Gary The Goth Loli wrote:

5 months ago. 5 months ago. That’s about half the time I’ve been on KYM. I’ve changed, for better or for worse, I don’t know.

Also did you read the context of the thread? I was replying to a user that had been downvoted and began to complain. I gave him a reason, and that was that generally speaking, unpopular opinions are not taken lightly. Why’d you feel the need to point that out?

Taryn, what point are you trying to make. Hat’s off to you for remembering a comment I made months ago that I forgot about.

He’s actually doing what the thread instructs lmao

madcat wrote:

He’s actually doing what the thread instructs lmao

I understand that, but why that particular comment? What is so unique about it that needs to be shared here? It’s in response to my post, but like I said, I’m a different user then I was 5 months ago.

Gary The Goth Loli wrote:

I understand that, but why that particular comment? What is so unique about it that needs to be shared here? It’s in response to my post, but like I said, I’m a different user then I was 5 months ago.

I used it as a response to your post.

Namaste! You must login or signup first!