Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

83,643 total conversations in 7,437 threads

+ New Thread

Your favourite pointless internet debate

Last posted Aug 01, 2014 at 12:57PM EDT. Added Jul 29, 2014 at 08:29AM EDT
38 posts from 27 users

My favourite pointless internet debate was whether a plane on a conveyor belt with matching opposite speeds would not fly, because the people saying it wouldn't are the dumbest people i have ever seen and they present themselves as smart.

Warriorman posted:

Quick update: please no atheism vs religion debates because this is a riff-raff thread

Mod Update: This is a Riff-Raff thread. Debate about whatever the fuck you want.

Fish Dick wrote:

Gif vs Jif.

I say it like G-I-F. I say every letter like it's an acronym or something. Speaking of this petty debate, I've had people IRL verbally attack me for saying it that way.

On religious debates, I don't think they're petty all the time. It depends largely on with whom you're debating and on what topic. For example, if one person is a stupid turd not willing to listen to what anyone has to say, the debate is effectively pointless. However, religious debates can be about passing big laws or morality or important stuff like that so it's not always petty, especially if the combatants are mature about it. Also, religious debate itself is debate of what's true or not. I don't consider arguing about a large truth to be petty.

Brucker wrote:

Trying to get people to use the correct form of your/you're. It does seem to be pretty pointless.

I feel ya brah.

RandomMan wrote:

I feel ya brah.

How come you got more karma for quoting me than I got for making the point in the first place? The karma system is broken! We need to totally get rid of it! You're all just circle-jerking RandomMan!

Brucker wrote:

How come you got more karma for quoting me than I got for making the point in the first place? The karma system is broken! We need to totally get rid of it! You're all just circle-jerking RandomMan!

Says the 40+ year old man who comments on my Facebook photos with "Hot!".

You're a married man Brucker! There is no hope for us!

My favorite one was in Spanish, obviously because in that time of my life I still didn't know english, I was in a forum called empire-strike, I like to call it "The SFW 4chan" due to we cannot put images there yet on that time (I think 2006), not even with link… but those guys were crazy and antisocials assholes who hate everything even themselves, well enough chatter.

One of those guys put the next thing Edit:… "The Japanese anime is called manga right?" (now I'm remembering that correctly)

It was one of the most pointless debates I ever participate, we achive like 50 pages on that debate (30 post per page), in page 25 or 27 that think became a Rol game without purpouse, it was funny until the admin erase it.

Last edited Jul 30, 2014 at 05:55PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Says the 40+ year old man who comments on my Facebook photos with "Hot!".

You're a married man Brucker! There is no hope for us!

Well, what can I say; they were hot. We all know Blubber doesn't take hot selfies.

One time i saw some people arguing about whether Celestia was a perfectly benevolent ruler.
One of them was saying you can't write her as at all evil in a fanfiction because she was perfect in the show.
It was an extremely retarded argument and somehow the guy who was insulting the other guy's spelling was getting more thumbs up.

DCS WORLD wrote:

Hey mods i think i made a mistake putting it in riff-raff.

Could some mod put it in forum games?

I love arguments about which discussion forum a thread belongs in.

DCS WORLD wrote:

Hey mods i think i made a mistake putting it in riff-raff.

Could some mod put it in forum games?

The rules say: Keep it relevant. If you have nothing to say on a particular subject, you can skip the topic and move on. If you want to address a specific individual about personal matters, contact the user via private message instead of starting a public discussion.
Luckily we are in Riff-Raff where we are no rules. Seeing as we don’t have to keep it relevant. I see no reason to move the thread.
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

­
­
­

poopyhead

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!