Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

83,643 total conversations in 7,437 threads

+ New Thread

Weird stuff to embed in posts.

Last posted Aug 21, 2014 at 05:09PM EDT. Added Jul 30, 2014 at 07:36PM EDT
23 posts from 13 users

Captain Blubber wrote:

if you want to put something unheard of on kym in your post, try effort

I wasn't trying to post something unheard of, I wanted to post something I found online.

Firebug wrote:

I wasn't trying to post something unheard of, I wanted to post something I found online.

haha i was just making a joke it wasn't personally for you…

but it should have been

Yo dawg

[edit]
This wasn't ghost bumped. I made a new post where I embedded this forum thread (just to see what happens) but that kinda fucks things up. I started loading pages into infinity so I deleted the post

Last edited Jul 31, 2014 at 04:27AM EDT

@BS(oD)
Because of the ridiculous amount of hyperlinks on webpages, you can get from any one webpage to any other within 19 clicks.
So by that fact, YOU LITERALLY EMBEDDED ALL OF THE INTERNET INTO ONE POST
WELL DONE GOOD SIR

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Yo dawg

[edit]
This wasn't ghost bumped. I made a new post where I embedded this forum thread (just to see what happens) but that kinda fucks things up. I started loading pages into infinity so I deleted the post

this is batshit insane

Yo dawg

[edit]

Captain Vespa wrote:

@Erin

WHAT THE FUCK, I HAD MY SPEAKERS TURNED UP

edit: THANK YOU, BASED BSOD

Shit shit shit. I'm so sorry.
I embedded one of those buttons you press and it makes the Inception noise.
I posted it in the comments somewhere and when I refreshed the page it turned into that Jeff the killer screamer, so I came back here to delete it.
I swear. I got it from this page. http://inception.davepedu.com/
So sorry, I have no idea why it did that.

Last edited Aug 20, 2014 at 12:07AM EDT

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

Shit shit shit. I'm so sorry.
I embedded one of those buttons you press and it makes the Inception noise.
I posted it in the comments somewhere and when I refreshed the page it turned into that Jeff the killer screamer, so I came back here to delete it.
I swear. I got it from this page. http://inception.davepedu.com/
So sorry, I have no idea why it did that.

It's fine, just be more careful next time

@Erin

Some people set up defenses to prevent their site content from being hotlinked (or in this case, embedded) on other websites. This is to stop other websites using their bandwidth.

Servers can tell if content is being requested from external websites and not themselves, so when that happens they can swap the requested content for something else, usually a "hosted on X.com!" image, or if they feel like fucking with you: shock images or screamers

It's near-impossible to know when people do that, so you aren't faulted

Yo dawg

[edit]

Last edited Aug 20, 2014 at 12:27AM EDT

Yo dawg

[edit]

i didn't think such a thing was possible, you must tell us your secret.

@BSOD

Did you know you can embed pretty much anything that has a URL?

This actually scares me. What if someone embeds a site with a drive-by download?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!