Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

83,643 total conversations in 7,437 threads

+ New Thread

Rest in RIP

Last posted Sep 15, 2014 at 12:02PM EDT. Added Sep 11, 2014 at 08:22AM EDT
83 posts from 34 users

He will be remembered for his dong.

…his enormous futanari Princess Luna horsedong

But seriously. Farewell Moon Moon. You threadlocked fast. And remained a virgin forum mod. For those wondering; he left for similar reasons as Verbs, I think. General dissatisfaction with modding direction. He was already planning on ditching the place after Verbs did and going with him as soon as Verbs was out so this is not unexpected. The last overturned modding decision of his; I'm guessing was the final straw

And that means I'm the last remaining bronemod.

But not to worry, dear Riff Raff. Where Verbs and Moony failed to utterly fag up this place, I shall resume and succeed.

Last edited Sep 11, 2014 at 10:13AM EDT

I don't get it.

I may not have a lot of firsthand experience with being a mod, but I've got a hell of a lot of experience with being dissatisfied with KYM, and I have yet to ragequit the site entirely. I can understand Verbose leaving since being a prick to him was the thing all the cool kids did while he was here, but why would MM have any reason to leave?

@Snickerway:

A lot of the same attitude was directed at Harshwhinny. He was often under fire as being a "No Fun" and a "Brony Mod" and a lot of people gave him crap over it. I'm not 100% certain that's the reason, but I feel it played a large factor in him leaving.

Last edited Sep 11, 2014 at 07:07PM EDT

Captain Blubber wrote:

i think it's cool that moderators that go on about the "responsibilities" of being a moderator have no problem leaving the site at the drop of a hat.

Almost as cool as an obsolete mod condemning people who don't agree with him?

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Almost as cool as an obsolete mod condemning people who don't agree with him?

that would be cool if we had any obsolete mods. right now all we have is defective ones who act like their shit don't stink. maybe deactivations are the right choice.

Captain Blubber wrote:

that would be cool if we had any obsolete mods. right now all we have is defective ones who act like their shit don't stink. maybe deactivations are the right choice.

MOD FIGHT!

Captain Blubber wrote:

Well, there's certainly no need to go that far, Blubber. Just apologize for it, there's no reason for you to deactivate. Sheesh.

Last edited Sep 12, 2014 at 05:08PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Well, there's certainly no need to go that far, Blubber. Just apologize for it, there's no reason for you to deactivate. Sheesh.

wow, you got me, i guess we can all just flat out forget how consistently wrong you are on most issues. including this one.

Captain Blubber wrote:

wow, you got me, i guess we can all just flat out forget how consistently wrong you are on most issues. including this one.

Only wrong where you're concerned. Of course, it's easy to think everyone else is wrong when you cover your ears and scream like a child.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Only wrong where you're concerned. Of course, it's easy to think everyone else is wrong when you cover your ears and scream like a child.

uh you read posts, so covering my ears would do nothing. that aside, maybe if you stopped trying to be "devil's advocate" on the most mundane and simple issues, you could maybe make a valid contribution to the site.

Captain Blubber wrote:

uh you read posts, so covering my ears would do nothing. that aside, maybe if you stopped trying to be "devil's advocate" on the most mundane and simple issues, you could maybe make a valid contribution to the site.

Way to get the metaphor there. Your literacy professors must be real proud there, champ.

As for playing devil's advocate, I don't see why you should be so averse to it. If you're honestly right, you should have nothing to fear. Being as you want me to stop though, you may want to take some time and think over how you make decisions.

As for a valid contribution, those words mean little coming from a user stuck in the past. I mean, what have you contributed lately? The new boards? You mean the same thing people have wanted and brought up countless times before you? Wow, so original there, buddy. Try making something worth noting before you lecture about contributing.

fwiw, bob and i are both in irc right now and he hasn't said a word to me. i don't think this is an especially serious mod fight.

still glad harshwhinny is gone tho.

Last edited Sep 12, 2014 at 05:29PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Way to get the metaphor there. Your literacy professors must be real proud there, champ.

As for playing devil's advocate, I don't see why you should be so averse to it. If you're honestly right, you should have nothing to fear. Being as you want me to stop though, you may want to take some time and think over how you make decisions.

As for a valid contribution, those words mean little coming from a user stuck in the past. I mean, what have you contributed lately? The new boards? You mean the same thing people have wanted and brought up countless times before you? Wow, so original there, buddy. Try making something worth noting before you lecture about contributing.

this is a long post but i won't bother read it because it's probably the same shit i've been reading since i came back and ruined the brony monopoly over the site.

brony killaz: ride or die, bitches

Last edited Sep 12, 2014 at 05:31PM EDT

Oh, this argument is semi-serious at best. I'm mostly having fun proving you wrong rather than actually engaging you in debate.

I'm only taking this to the forums because there's little chance you'll backpedal if you have an audience.

As for not reading my post. Feel free to avoid it. There's no shame in it. I'd sure hate to be proven wrong too.

Last edited Sep 12, 2014 at 05:35PM EDT

bob has not proven me wrong once this whole thread. he has just called me names. i guess it is just a tribute in harshwhinny's memory to just call people names instead of actually giving half a shit about the site you use.

Captain Blubber wrote:

bob has not proven me wrong once this whole thread. he has just called me names. i guess it is just a tribute in harshwhinny's memory to just call people names instead of actually giving half a shit about the site you use.

I called you 'champ' and 'buddy'…

Are you saying Harshwhinny didn't care about this site because he's a supportive user? Just, what?

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I called you 'champ' and 'buddy'…

Are you saying Harshwhinny didn't care about this site because he's a supportive user? Just, what?

man, you can't really call me out for not reading your posts when you do the exact same thing. also, re: harshwhinny i get he's your friend and all but you must have a disturbingly selective memory to call him a "supportive user".

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

So, I just finished speaking with Mr J.

The amount of input the IRC seems to believe they had in the decision is almost laughable. Almost.

i think ur just jeellyous becuse were WINING THE WAR.

Captain Blubber wrote:

man, you can't really call me out for not reading your posts when you do the exact same thing. also, re: harshwhinny i get he's your friend and all but you must have a disturbingly selective memory to call him a "supportive user".

Right, right. You mentioned in the IRC that you're drinking. Sorry, I was just wondering if something was wrong with your reading comprehension. Well, I guess this is mostly for fun now that you can't give better responses.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Right, right. You mentioned in the IRC that you're drinking. Sorry, I was just wondering if something was wrong with your reading comprehension. Well, I guess this is mostly for fun now that you can't give better responses.

sober as a judge bud. so far you've:

- misunderstood the word "obsolete" without addressing what a wrote
- made a joke about what i said about deactivation (luckily i'm not retarded, recognized it was a joke and didn't call out your "reading comprehension.)
- wrote that i acted like a child
- said i never contributed anything when i accused you of not contributing anything. hell, you disregard things we both considered recent contributions by me. you never mentioned one thing you contributed yourself.
- claimed you proved me wrong despite just saying i was illiterate instead of addressing anything i said

all things considered i'm glad you're not taking this serious, because otherwise you would have rightfully earned your place as biggest retard mod.

1) I did address it, I made a comparison to assess the level of coolness. I need to understand how cool we're talking here, after all.

Also:

• Obsolete > out of date > outdated > no longer current
  • Current: Belonging to or existing in the present time

I wouldn't call it a stretch to say you're just not getting with the times and would much rather prefer the old days.

2) My reading comprehension is fine. In fact, I was able to take your words and twist them into a self-reflective, and yet still applicable, way. I'd say my reading comprehension is working at astute levels. Therefore, the joke stands true and valid.

3) And? You act like that's uncalled for. As if valid criticism has no place anywhere. And yet, when you call people bad mods, it's perfectly fine, right? Talk about shit not stinking.

4) Once again, your only contributions as of late were making the thread for new boards and giving me advice for my scavenger hunt game. As far as I see, if you honestly want full credit (enough to say you contributed anything of importance) then you're just piggybacking off of other people's ideas.

Besides, even if you didn't step forward to contribute what you did, someone would have eventually. You shouldn't act like these things came around only because you did.

I do thank you for the suggestions to my game though. Still, I'd have found a way to make it work if you didn't want to help.

5) I never claimed to have proved you wrong. I said 'proving', as in 'currently in the process of showing evidence that "_____".

You believe I'm wrong in questioning your reading comprehension when you've already made errors towards my posts.

• You don't seem to understand that every word has a proper place. One word used is far different than another used.
  • You think I was calling Harshwhinny a supportive user. I wasn't. I was saying that you said I was paying him tribute. Meanwhile, the only names I called you were supportive. From this, we can draw that you feel Harshwhinny was supportive WHILE also believing he didn't give a shit about the site.

That is reading comprehension.

But I sure am glad we're not taking this seriously. Wouldn't want one of us to look retarded, after all.

Last edited Sep 12, 2014 at 06:56PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!