Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,706 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

[World Cup 2010] Your favorite football player / superstar?

Last posted Jun 08, 2010 at 06:18PM EDT. Added Jun 07, 2010 at 06:44PM EDT
7 posts from 5 users

Clockwise from Top Left:

World Cup superstars

1. Christiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
2. Robin van Persie (Netherlands)
3. Kaka (Brazil)
4. Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon)
5. Michael Ballack (Germany)
6. Wayne Rooney (England)
7. Daniele De Rossi (Italy)
8. David Villa (Spain)
9. Thierry Henry (France)
10. Landon Donovan (USA)

Which superstar football player is going to bring on the most pwnage in this year's upcoming World Cup? And which ones are going to EFF UP BIG TIME?

(btw, everyone on the list above = super talented. source *)

And feel free to bring up other players or youtube embeds for viewing pleasures!

Last edited Jun 07, 2010 at 11:53PM EDT

Now i know your American… but Landon Donovan? Really?? Though i havent seen him play for Everton so maybe he's improved from last year with Bayern.

I'm thinking a relative unknown that will go great will be Liedson for Portugal. The guys actually Brazilian but has lived in portugal for a few years now, just got his passport so this is his first tournament like this. He scores like crazy all the time and i think he'll be on fire.

Bruno Alves is one of my favourite defenders in the world and i think will be great too.

Besides that your list is pretty much all the world beaters so you'd expect them to go great.

I'm hoping Cahill has a good tournament, he always seems to score but with the team we have at the moment its going to be hard.

I dont know. FOOTBALL is not what It used to be. Probably Germany will win, if my prediction goes along they will play (on the 2nd stage) against USA (Round of 16), Argentina (Quarter Finals), Spain (Semi-finals) and Brazil (final).

Btw, Im hopping for Ronaldinho, Kaka and everyone else to get a weird African disease.

I agree the Germans have a strong shot at winning this year, esp. with lots of younger players in the squad line-up. And Ballack sure knows how to deliver them goals.

I'm not a huge fan, but my logical guess is Cristiano Ronaldo's probably gonna bring in more goals for Portugal, and maybe even a meme or two for the internets. The guy's very good at foozball, he knows it and loves it, which renders him as sort of a d-bag.

I give my wishes of best luck for Park Ji Sung & both Korean teams (representin!) to make the round of 16. And the same goes for Landon Donovan & Team USA, I hope they make it really far, as to convince fellow americans that it's actually kinda nice to excel at a sport that wasn't pioneered by usa!

Last edited Jun 08, 2010 at 05:01PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!