Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

The zelda timeline

Last posted Sep 30, 2010 at 12:57PM EDT. Added Sep 25, 2010 at 09:31PM EDT
39 posts from 13 users

Here's a thought
The temple of time holds the master sword. I have a feeling that it doesn't travel around. In games such as a link to the past and Twilight princess, the Temple has fallen away.
How did the lost woods move it's way over to the town? I guess It could have grown over time, but that would mean that the woods are moving.
That would mean that OoT is first Then Twilight princess where there are still ruins, then A link to the past, where only the pedestal is left.

And all this time there is one ancient zelda sleeping. That's the legend isn't it? About the forever sleeping princess?

Oh wait, I forgot the part where the ococa evolve into the hylians and there really aren't any 3 goddesses.

Last edited Sep 26, 2010 at 12:45AM EDT

Ashbot's video is a very good time line theory in my opinion. I like the idea of that one guy in twilight princess being the majora's mask link. Very well played.

Also, I once got flamed out of a chat room when I said that I didn't think there was an official time line. Zelda fans are MEAN.

OH!!! What about fan fictions. Now we have to fit them all into the time line.
Just kidding. I've never read any of the zelda fan fictions. Fan fictions suck.

Last edited Sep 26, 2010 at 01:10AM EDT

Ok, so I'm a Zelda nerd. I've got some pretty strong opinions on the timeline, so bear with me.

I'm a fan of the Split Timeline, but I usually have some additions to it.

For one, the guy in Ashbot's video is screwing up his own commentary. For one, if the Shade is from the Child timeline (and unless he's some sort of trans-dimensional being, all the evidence suggests it), then no-one would have turned into sages. Therefore, Malon argument invalid, but possible. Personally, some things suggest that Twilight Princess Link is related to the Royal Family (but that's also personal theory). In any case, ears mean someone Hylian. Also, that sword doesn't look a bit like the gilded sword. Shield, maybe. Sword, nope.avi.

Second, Spirit Tracks, and in particular its map, make me wonder if LttP could be placed after that ST. For one, the New Hyrule's castle is centrally located, like LttP's is, and unlike OoT's. The Master Sword (being underwater) and many of the other places in ST, however, throw a wrench in the works. Now some of you might say "but TP's castle is in the center, too!" Yes, but Ganon dies in TP. And since the Twilight Realm is entirely different than Hyrule, that can't be the Shadow World.

Also, Shigeru Miyamoto has said that Link's awakening is a direct sequel to LttP.

I would say more, but I'm tired and this has already taken 20 mins.

There is a problem with this one: The connection between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask nullifies their claim that EVERY game in unconnected. Therefore, there is a timeline, just not a very long one at the VERY least.

Also:

The tv show as well…

Last edited Sep 26, 2010 at 01:49AM EDT

Don't listen to Nintendo, guys. They lie about it constantly.

Here's what the generally accepted one is (with Skyward Sword):

SS
 |
 OoT
/      \
MM LttP (Personally LA goes after this, because of Miyamoto)
|       |
TP  OoA/OoS
|       |
MC  WW
|       |
FS  PH
|       |
FSA ST
|
Z1
|
Z2

Phew.

Last edited Sep 26, 2010 at 01:57AM EDT

I'm gonna place all the game names here for refrences:

Ocarina of Time

Majora's Mask

Wind Waker

Phantom Hourglass

Oracle of Ages

Oracle of Seasons

Zelda 1

Zelda 2

The Faces of Evil

The Wand of Gamelon

Zelda's Adventure

Skyward Sword

Spirit Tracks

Four Swords

Four Swords Advanced

Twilight Princess

A Link to the Past

Minish Cap

Soul Calibur II GameCube Version

Also, I think one of the games (Twilight Princess) is just a singular story.

Last edited Sep 26, 2010 at 02:14AM EDT

I dunno. In my opinion Minish Cap is the first so far and WW is the last because the land gets flooded and I don't know what happened after that. That's my word and I'm sticking to it.

Ok, here's what can be known.
Minish Cap is first, as said by Miyamoto.
Then, there's OOT.
The timeline skews, WW, PH, and ST go one way, while Majora's Mask goes in the other direction.

Now, Link to the Past is one tough cookie. It's said in the game to take place after the Adult link timeline in OOT, yet in the game the Master Sword is said to be never used again. Since it was used in Wind Waker, and the Prologue events of Wind Waker is basically like ALttP without a Link, we have a problem.
Then, the original Four Swords is said to be the oldest Zelda, before being succeeded by MS.
Zelda 2 takes place right after Zelda 1. Zelda 1 takes place sometime after LA.
And then, TP is said to be right after OOT/MM.
Now, here's another problem with the timeline: FSA. FSA takes place X years after FS, and it takes place before TP but after OOT, even though there are no games in between, because of a paradox. The Twilight Mirror is in FSA as the Dark Mirror, but it is shattered at the end of TP.
So, we must assumed it got reformed for the timeline to make sense.
As for ALttP, I'd put it as coming right after FSA, because it makes no sense anywhere else.
Finally, there are the Oracle games. Those are interchangeable, but are implied to take place right before LA. However, that is contradicted. The only place it has in the timeline is after Zelda 2, because Ganon is dead and the Triforce had been united, as said to have happened right before in the Oracle games.

So, the child timeline is MC, FS, OOT, MM, TP, FSA, ALttP, LA, Zelda 1, Zelda 2, OOS/OOA interchangeably.

Btw, Skyward Sword takes place before OOT. Where its exact place in the timeline is is unknown.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!