Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Your favorite old school games that you think no one remembers

Last posted Dec 17, 2010 at 09:33PM EST. Added Nov 16, 2010 at 02:55AM EST
66 posts from 43 users

If you even utter the phrase Duke Nukem PWNs Call Of Duty now a days you get hit on the hands with a metal ruler, then waterboarded for long periods of time- if you ask me, our Video Game society is becoming more and more like North Korea…
In Soviet Russia, Game thinks YOU are old…
Oh yeah, Halo CE for the win (even though its only about 10 years old, but with Reach out, nobody remembers it)

Any of the original Monster Rancher games, really, but more specifically 3 and 4. My friends and I were talking about the series earlier and we all nostalgia'd like crazy. I loved being able to insert random games to try and get new monsters.

Also, I seem to be recalling good memories about Dark Cloud 2 and the ability to turn photographs of certain things into weapons and items and stuff and being able to build your own village from scrap.

Man, the PS2 rocked my life. To be honest, most of my games don't work anymore and I just usually play on the PS3 now.

…sigh…

Oh yeah, last but not least, before I forget, you didn't mention to us that it had to be a video game specifically so… Pog.

A hobo clown wrote:

Yeah I remember playing that game at Chuck E. Cheese's, yet I had no idea what to do. I played it at the one in Grand Rapids before the one in Holland opened, and the one in Holland is sucky.

Yay, someone actually remembers earthbound here other than me! Thumbs up to you…even though I lost the game because of you! Bittersweet happiness :3

This game was probably the last rpg of it's kind before all this "modern" crap was put in RPGs. I'm not saying those games were bad, but this game kicked major @#$ ESCPECIALLY when compared to the new RPGs! Just play it…..buy a copy and an snes off ebay or something.

Seriously? No sequel yet?! Treasure, your letting me down here. I mean who WOULDNT wanna grab guns, people, or even MECHS and THROW THEM TILL THEY ARE DUST?! Gimme a sequel. NAO!

Last edited Nov 17, 2010 at 03:51PM EST

SexyThang wrote:

If you even utter the phrase Duke Nukem PWNs Call Of Duty now a days you get hit on the hands with a metal ruler, then waterboarded for long periods of time- if you ask me, our Video Game society is becoming more and more like North Korea…
In Soviet Russia, Game thinks YOU are old…
Oh yeah, Halo CE for the win (even though its only about 10 years old, but with Reach out, nobody remembers it)

Dude!!! I still play Halo CE XD R33ch sux anyways :/ (Compared to it)

@Thread, Comix Zone

Streets of Rage

Turok Dinosaur Hunter

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!