Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Bad plot synopses

Last posted Jan 03, 2011 at 12:16AM EST. Added Jan 01, 2011 at 10:46PM EST
29 posts from 21 users

So a friend of mine was told he should see the movie "Harold & Maude" (which, for those of you who have not seen it, is an awesome movie) and he said that IMDB said it was a movie about a teenage boy who wants to marry an 80-year-old woman. I assured him that the plot synopsis really falls short of selling what is an excellent movie, and it was like saying

"Lord of the Rings is a story about these midgets that go for a walk because they want to return some jewelry they stole."

Anyway, in case you haven't figured it out, I'm starting this thread to challenge people to come up with plot lame synopses of awesome movies/books/whatever.

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Dark knight.

Batman puts the joker in jail, very original.

Actually, for that one I was thinking something more like. "Story about a furry repeatedly harassed by an unfunny clown."

Brucker wrote:

Actually, for that one I was thinking something more like. "Story about a furry repeatedly harassed by an unfunny clown."

the dark knight was good dont get me wrong, but the plots really predictable.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

A man born into his 80's and gets younger, till hes jail bait and screws old ladys.

Joyeux Noel:

Germans, Frenchies, and English Men throw a Christmas party.

High School Musical:

Musical set in a high school that for some reason ignores every real life high school as a source of plot material.

Zombie Strippers:

Zombie strippers.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World :
A self-centered hypocrite has to go on a killing spree in order to win the heart of a frigid, distant, whiny and bicurious multicolor-haired lady, disregarding the Chinese girl in love with him who is as hot as her.

Last edited Jan 02, 2011 at 09:05AM EST

Goldfinger:

Some woman turns gold, James Bond shoots some Asian guy out of an ejector seat, "No Mr Bond I expect you to die", a fat guy with a top hat gets electrocuted at Fort Knox and another fat guy flies out of a plane.

Vlad wrote:

Team Fortress 2: You shoot other people, steal Briefcases, capture metal plates, engage in corporate sabotage and craft Hats.

Don't forget the SANDVICH!!

Halo: Interstellar racial profiling.
Gears of War: Same as Halo, except on one planet.
Final Fantasy 13: As in the words of Snow Villers, "We gotta save Cocoon!"
Zelda: Save the princess.
Wind Waker: Save the Princess except you're on a boat!
Ratatouile: A rodent tries to be a chef.
Left 4 Dead: 4 people killing zombies.
Left 4 Dead 2: 4 people killing zombies IN LOUISIANA!

Watchmen – Doctor Manhattan and Ozymandias set up us the bomb. K-K-K-K-KILLING SPREE!

Boondock Saints – Two guys pissed off at both Russians and Italians and decide to kill off a bunch of them. Hilarity and senior citizen rage ensue.

All Saints Day – Same exact plot; substitute Russians for Chinese.

American Psycho – You like Huey Lewis and the News?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!