Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,689 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Now Os-tan character: Windows 8

Last posted Jun 17, 2011 at 04:03PM EDT. Added May 20, 2011 at 10:15PM EDT
27 posts from 8 users

I've just looked-up for 7-tan and her name is Nanami Nadobe (nana is seven and madobe is prolly a pun on Adobe), so well call her Hachini Hawa (hachini to make a somewhat realistic name and hawa for Java, also to make the first letters match like previously). If you want the Kanji for it:
八二 ハワ (Hachi-ni Ha-wa)

Last edited May 21, 2011 at 01:03PM EDT

GD82 wrote:

I've just looked-up for 7-tan and her name is Nanami Nadobe (nana is seven and madobe is prolly a pun on Adobe), so well call her Hachini Hawa (hachini to make a somewhat realistic name and hawa for Java, also to make the first letters match like previously). If you want the Kanji for it:
八二 ハワ (Hachi-ni Ha-wa)

Sooooooo….. Any comments? I think I'll move the thread to W7 Forums, though they might already have one (I can take the risk).

GD82 wrote:

八二 ハワ (Hachi-ni Ha-wa)

Anyway, where is the fan art character? What she is looks like?

Ryuki Satzuki I'mJustADamnCentaur wrote:

Anyway, where is the fan art character? What she is looks like?

Sorry, but I'm no artist. I can BARELY draw anything. If anything, she probably looks similar to Nanami (W8 being based on 7) but in lighter colors, with some darker colors (from what I've seen on the official sites). She might also have smaller breasts with the fact that the OS-tan's size being related to the actual size of the OS. So, in short, Hachini would probably be like Nanami's sister, but smaller.

Dam! Looks like I was wrong on one little point. I wrote Nadobe the first time and Madobe the second time, and it's the second one that's right. Also, it seems that the character was named after the voice actor, Nana Mizuki (how convenient), though I still think Madobe is a pun on Adobe. We'll still keep the name because I think it's a good one.

Ryuki Satzuki I'mJustADamnCentaur wrote:

Hey anyone, I need a fan art painter?

Well, you're lucky. Turns out my sister is pretty good at drawing anime style characters so I asked her to draw something and she's going to do it. I'll put the drawing through Paint Shop Pro once she's done and I should have something tonight or tomorrow. Good for you?

Well, well… I'm going to tell you an interesting story. After an ultimate attemt at drawing, I just told myself: "Isn't there something else I can do?" Lo and behold, I found salvation: instead of a drawing, lets make a 3D model instead. Yep, a 3D model. Now I just have to find a way to post them pics…

"So this is windows 8-tan? You use mmd and make that character using pmd right? Good job =w=b"
MMD? PMD? Huh? I don't really know what you're talking about (I assume they're 3D animators). I actualy did this with 3D Custom Girl, no sh!t. If you don't know, it's a p0rn game where you make the girl you want (choose her hair, her clothes, her eyes, her size) and then you "do" her. No kidding. Just don't ask why I have this but, yes, I used it for something other than what it was, that is, make W8-tan.

GD82 wrote:

八二 ハワ (Hachi-ni Ha-wa)

八二 – Kanji
ハワ – Katakana

Jack Candle wrote:

八二 – Kanji
ハワ – Katakana

八二 (Hachini) is her first name. ハワ (Hawa) is her last name and according to Denshi Jisho, it writes the same way in both Kanji and Katakana.
http://jisho.org/

GD82 wrote:

八二 (Hachini) is her first name. ハワ (Hawa) is her last name and according to Denshi Jisho, it writes the same way in both Kanji and Katakana.
http://jisho.org/

Nope. ハワ is Katakana and Katakana only. There is no Kanji that looks and sounds like ワ.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!