Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Super Smash Bros. 4 Character Predictions

Last posted Jun 13, 2011 at 02:57AM EDT. Added Jun 09, 2011 at 09:40PM EDT
68 posts from 30 users

Seeing as Satoru Iwata sort of announced SSB4 at E3 a few days ago, I figured it would be fun to start one of these threads early. Basically, give your predictions for which video game characters you think will be in the next Super Smash Bros. game. Be creative! No suggestion will be mocked.
Mods: If you think this thread should be moved to "General", feel free to do so.

I'll start: I think they're definitely going to replace Lucario with another Pokemon; probably Zoroark, but I hope not.
I also hope they add an Animal Crossing character, take out Wario, and add Grey Fox from Metal Gear Solid and Ridley from Metroid.
Long Shot: Another non-Nintendo franchise, I'm thinking Castlevania.

They need to make Pit less cheap. They'll probably take out Snake and Sonic, as every guest character in a fighting game was only in one game before the character was removed. They'll probably not include Ridley.

In terms of number of characters, I'm saying there's gonna be a max of 45 characters, give or take one or two. (Super Smash Bros had 12, Melee had 25, Brawl had 35) Also, in terms of characters, I want to see Krystal added to the roster with her own damn moveset. I want to see Saki from sin and punishment added as a playable character. Also, I want to see either Sothe or Micaiah added to the roster.

Samurai Goroh
Dark Samus
Wolf Link
Paper Mario
Waluigi
A new Pokemon
Mega Man (though I hear there are some complications with Capcom)
And finally, playable Miis that fight using Nintendo-related items, like a giant stylus, the Wii zapper, and the Wii Fit board

My predictions for newcomers: First Party Characters:
-Anthony Higgs from Metroid Other M. Because he is the ony ally in the Metroid seires who hasn't kicked the bucket.
-Sothe from Fire Emblem 9 & 10: He is one of the few main characters who has apeared in 2 Fire Emblem games. However, if they started putting in a mass of Fire Emblem Mains, Id suspect any of the other lords. And Soren because he is so damn popular.
-Krystal: As one of the few Starfox Characters with a possible original moveset…
-Garry Mother*ing Oak: Because each character needs a rip off.
-Roy & Mewtwo: Because we just kept bitching about them. However, both will have a moveset update.

Third Party Characters:
-Sonic has a 95% chance of returning, the Sonic and Mario at the Olimpic Games are selling too well.
-Snake has a 60% chance of returning. Add 25% if there is also a new Metal Gear Solid launching at a simmilar time.
-Capcom's characters might actually have a chance, because Capcom fukin loves crossovers.
Megaman, Resident Evil, Castlevania, and Okami are all equal game here.

People who will never make it in as playable:
-Riddley: To big. HE IS SEVERAL TIMES THE SIZE OF BOWSER PEOPLE!
-Tom Nook: From a game not associated with Violence, he will never make it into a fight game.
-Cloud Strife: Too associated with Sony. Any Final Fantasy other than 7-9 has a chance though.

Thought I don't like her because she stole Bunnie Rabbot's appearance and Ardy Lightfoot's moves, I guess Cream The Rabbit will join the Brawl cuz Nintendo has a crush over her and she was born on a consolre of them.

Last edited Jun 10, 2011 at 03:04AM EDT

I'm not going to get this game, but a character I think would be cool would be to add Boo from Mario into there.

But then again, Mario related games are the only place I know characters from, outside of StarFox, Kirby, and MGS.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

My predictions for newcomers: First Party Characters:
-Anthony Higgs from Metroid Other M. Because he is the ony ally in the Metroid seires who hasn't kicked the bucket.
-Sothe from Fire Emblem 9 & 10: He is one of the few main characters who has apeared in 2 Fire Emblem games. However, if they started putting in a mass of Fire Emblem Mains, Id suspect any of the other lords. And Soren because he is so damn popular.
-Krystal: As one of the few Starfox Characters with a possible original moveset…
-Garry Mother*ing Oak: Because each character needs a rip off.
-Roy & Mewtwo: Because we just kept bitching about them. However, both will have a moveset update.

Third Party Characters:
-Sonic has a 95% chance of returning, the Sonic and Mario at the Olimpic Games are selling too well.
-Snake has a 60% chance of returning. Add 25% if there is also a new Metal Gear Solid launching at a simmilar time.
-Capcom's characters might actually have a chance, because Capcom fukin loves crossovers.
Megaman, Resident Evil, Castlevania, and Okami are all equal game here.

People who will never make it in as playable:
-Riddley: To big. HE IS SEVERAL TIMES THE SIZE OF BOWSER PEOPLE!
-Tom Nook: From a game not associated with Violence, he will never make it into a fight game.
-Cloud Strife: Too associated with Sony. Any Final Fantasy other than 7-9 has a chance though.

Adding Gary would be unfair.
No-one could ignore his girth.

my (sarcastic)prediction for the new SSB:
my guess is that there will be no 3rd party fighter of any sort (like sonic or snake), my guess is that nintendo and capcom are making a crossover under the name of either "nintendo vs. capcom", SSB vs.streetfighter" or either of thos two mix. It will have character rivalry matches like Mario vs. ryu,
Luigi vs.Ken, PTX-40A vs. giga bowser, Wario vs. okuma, and princess peach vs. chun li

Last edited Jun 10, 2011 at 09:30AM EDT

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

@evilroy Capcom IS a 3rd party.

Gonna work on a list of who I'd like to be in the game at some point. But there is one 3rd party character, and one alone, that MUST be in the new game.

Make it happen Nintendo.

i said 3rd party characters like sonic and snake (had to edit when i found that in my post) facepalm myself

Lunacy wrote:

I'd be okay with: Krystal, Renamon, Geno, Klonoa/Guntz, Ratchet, one of the 'Tales of…" characters
@Natsuru: Amaterasu would be great :3

I would accept Amaterasu only if even Wolf Link (with Midna on his back) will be in the game too, since it's almost granted there will be clone characters.

Custer from Custers Revenge
His special move is raping Indians while avoiding arrows.
But seriously, Super Meat Boy
Nico Bellic
Chris Redfield
Leon Kennedy
Waluigi
MOTHERFUCKING LITTLE MAC
and Goku.

Adam DeLand wrote:

We need another classic Nintendo character, like Simon Belmont or Mega Man

YES! Actually I would be happy to see any Belmont in SSB.

But I've wanted Golden Sun characters to be playable for a long time.
And Giygas should be a boss.

Adam DeLand wrote:

We need another classic Nintendo character, like Simon Belmont or Mega Man

Technically those guys aren't Nintendo, but it would be awesome to have them in the game.

Omomon wrote:

Custer from Custers Revenge
His special move is raping Indians while avoiding arrows.
But seriously, Super Meat Boy
Nico Bellic
Chris Redfield
Leon Kennedy
Waluigi
MOTHERFUCKING LITTLE MAC
and Goku.

1. Super Meat Boy is not a "mainstream" character; Nintendo wouldn't even consider him.
2. Niko, Chris, and Leon don't seem like the kind of people that would be in a SB game, too M-rated, even more so than Snake. Even though we would all love to see Niko kick everyone's ass with a baseball bat, an M4, and a slightly deranged expression.
3. Waluigi. Sadly, it seems likely, even though he is my least favorite Nintendo character.
4. Little Mac. It's possible, and that would be awesome :D
5. Goku? In a SB game? I can totally see KAMEHAMEHAAAAAA being a final smash, but DBZ characters in a Nintendo game is not likely. Besides, it wouldn't be fair b/c his power level is over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would be funny if you could play as a Metroid. Just latch onto someone's head and annoy the hell out of them the entire round.

Last edited Jun 10, 2011 at 05:19PM EDT

It's a shame it'd NEVER happreally happen, but… Touhou characters, maybe?
(Suika or Tenshi would be best suited since they originated from one of hte fighting gmaes – everyone else would be VERY projectile heavy (except for Meiling, who would also be VERY suitable – plus, her punches can be comparable to the ingame Falcon Punch itself, if not SUPERIOR.
obviously the final smashes would be their signature spellcard, or close to.
SSBB already had 2 laser based FSes. Now imagine the Master Spark among them – and that's just the WEAKEST variant.
Yukari would be a good thign to see – she has very interesting attacks in iaMP, and SWR (and 12.3 by extension) – and that would result in either Boundary of Life or Death (yes, THAT spellcard depicted as the image for Touhou on here) or that train from SWR. (Seirously, she gaps in a train for a spellcard attack! That is awesome!)

Though I want Sonic to return, mainly. He's the primary reason I got SSBB in the first place.

Fridge wrote:

Technically those guys aren't Nintendo, but it would be awesome to have them in the game.

Well Snake wasn't either and he made it, so I guess it'd make sense if they did. They were also recurring characters in the cartoon "Captain N: The Game Master" (even if they were drawn completely wrong) along with Pit. People see them as classic Nintendo characters, so it'd make sense if they were in there even if they were from a 3rd party video game company like Konami or Capcom.

But, unfortunately, Valve plus Nintendo would be pretty much an impossibility. I'd love to see them pull Cress and Lloyd from the tales series for it. If we get any Capcom characters at all, you just know that Ryu is going to appear too, which would be awesome. Chrono Trigger/Cross characters would be awesome (Double Einlanzer Glenn-holy crap), but I don't know that Square Enix would be entirely willing to let Nintendo use them. I think that more Konami characters would be awesome, how about throwing Richter Belmont in, he has a moveset that would translate well. Snake is going to be back almost guaranteed given that MGS3 is porting to the 3DS. I'd like to see Quote from Cave story appear, but given how obscure the game is… If any further fire emblem characters are going to be added I'd think Lyn would probably be promoted from assist to full character, but I'd love to see them use a non-swordlord character for a change, like, say, Hector. EDIT: NO MORE METROID CHARACTERS. THE ONLY CHARACTER IN METROID IS SAMUS AND MAYBE RIDLEY IF YOU'RE FEELING GENEROUS. Oh, and seeing an old-school Ryu appear would be pretty cool too.

Last edited Jun 10, 2011 at 09:10PM EDT

Here's my prediction for the SSB4 character roster:

Veterans:
All of the characters from Brawl

Newcomers:
Krystal (Star Fox)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Saki (Sin and Punishment)
Little Mac (Punch-Out)
Victini (Pokemon)
Claus (Earthbound)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
Midna w/ Wolf Link (Zelda)
Rosalina (Mario)

I have a feeling that some Assist trophies will be promoted to fully playable characters because Masahiro Sakurai stated about Saki:

"There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters! H-he has absolutely no problem fitting in!"

Note: When I picked Victini, I just picked a random pokemon.

Last edited Jun 11, 2011 at 02:36AM EDT

Derpy Hooves wrote:

Old school Ryu and Ryu Hayabusa are the same person >.>

Well you mentioned Capcom so Street Fighter came to mind. Ninja Gaiden is distributed by Tecmo.

@Tardises: Unless by popular demand or Zun decideing to market to consoles via download market, Touhou will probably never get into the Super Smash Brothers seires. However, if they do get in they probably wouled come in a Reimu and Marisa pair, with Sakuya as an assist trophy.

Reimu's Final Smash wouled either be "Devine Spirit: Fantasy Seal" or "Fantasy Heavan"
Marisa's Final Smash wouled most definatly be "Love Sign: Master Spark".
Both characters wouled be in the lightweight devision, be extreamly strong, but require alot of charge up time to pull off their spell cards.

Last edited Jun 11, 2011 at 02:45PM EDT

Jack Candle wrote:

Samurai Goroh
Dark Samus
Wolf Link
Paper Mario
Waluigi
A new Pokemon
Mega Man (though I hear there are some complications with Capcom)
And finally, playable Miis that fight using Nintendo-related items, like a giant stylus, the Wii zapper, and the Wii Fit board

There are no complications with Capcom. Nintendo never asked to put MegaMan in the game, though MegaMan's creator said it would be cool if he was in Brawl.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

@Tardises: Unless by popular demand or Zun decideing to market to consoles via download market, Touhou will probably never get into the Super Smash Brothers seires. However, if they do get in they probably wouled come in a Reimu and Marisa pair, with Sakuya as an assist trophy.

Reimu's Final Smash wouled either be "Devine Spirit: Fantasy Seal" or "Fantasy Heavan"
Marisa's Final Smash wouled most definatly be "Love Sign: Master Spark".
Both characters wouled be in the lightweight devision, be extreamly strong, but require alot of charge up time to pull off their spell cards.

You do realize that this is a Nintendo game, right?
Snake got in because Kojima and Sakurai are buddies, and Kojima fucking loves Smash Bros.
Sonic is in because of the relationship between SEGA and Nintendo after Sony pwned the Dreamcast.
MegaMan is most likely to get in as a 3rd party because Nintendo is its conduit to being on a console.

Ok, so I'm putting a lot of thought into a realistic wishlist.
First of all, a new Mario character might be a given.
Paper Mario would be interesting, but also, Bowser Jr would be a safe choice. As far as final smashes are concerned, PM could use Supernova, and BJ could have Shadow Mario transformation.

While on the subject of Mario, King K Rool would make a good DK character. He is DK's "Bowser"

We don't really need any new Zelda characters, but someone please make a different final smash for Toon Link.

As for Samus, Dark Samus would be a good new character, hidden, of course.

Now, Kirby characters, we don't need new ones, but that's not gonna stop Sakurai.

For F-Zero, Black Shadow would be a good villain playable character. The game needs more villains. BS is Captain Falcon's "Ganondorf"

As for Pokemon, replace Lucario with Zoroark

For Starfox, make Krystal a character. Also, give Falco an Arwing final smash. When it comes to Wolf, give him anything but a Landmaster.

Now, for Fire Emblem, bring back Roy with better attacks. Keep Ike, and add whoever is in whatever new game that comes out between now and the game's release.

For Earthbound, keep the current characters, and actually give them moves they use in the game.

We need no new Kid Icarus characters.

As for other Nintendo characters, add Little Mac, Saki/Isa, and some other decent Nintendo characters.

Now, for 3rd party, keep Snake. Get rid of Sonic. MegaMan is a good pick. Simon Belmont is another good pick. But what I feel like what would be one of the best 3rd party options is Ryu Hayabusa.

Katie C. wrote:

You do realize that this is a Nintendo game, right?
Snake got in because Kojima and Sakurai are buddies, and Kojima fucking loves Smash Bros.
Sonic is in because of the relationship between SEGA and Nintendo after Sony pwned the Dreamcast.
MegaMan is most likely to get in as a 3rd party because Nintendo is its conduit to being on a console.

Yes, I do. Which is why I had already put the disclaimer that it's probabilaty of happening is next to none. but hey! That's what hackers are for!

Oh yeah, they need to make Ness and Lucas' final smashes be the unique skills they have in their games (neither of them get starstorm anyways). Ness should get PK Hammer (I don't remember if that was the first default choice or not) and Lucas should get PK Love.

Captain Badass wrote:

Oh yeah, they need to make Ness and Lucas' final smashes be the unique skills they have in their games (neither of them get starstorm anyways). Ness should get PK Hammer (I don't remember if that was the first default choice or not) and Lucas should get PK Love.

Ness's is PSI Rockin'

Ashbot wrote:

I sure hope he gets put into the game. Then again all of his attacks are projectiles.

She's a girl.
And I just wonder how much time will pass before people will start trolling with clearly impossible characters. Like this almost unknew girl:

Oh! I would lovve it. But I'm purrfectly conscious of the fact she has the same probabilities of being in the game that Richard Nixon has to be re-elected as U.S. President

Last edited Jun 11, 2011 at 06:07PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!