Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Last posted Jun 12, 2011 at 02:37PM EDT. Added Jun 11, 2011 at 09:39PM EDT
54 posts from 19 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I realize that JFF is "anything goes" but is anyone else tired of threads that consist of little more than "say something random" or "post any funny image you see"?

When I come to KYM and see nothing but that it makes me realize why there are so many attention whores who make a big show about leaving and coming back all the time.

Give me karma if you agree. If you disagree, feel free to set my face on fire.

I do agree that some threads are bad to begin with but it's the people here that make it interesting or stupid. If people are posting in them and enjoying themselves than you can't complain and some people will complain no matter what the topic. So just let it go. Have fun and don't get mad.
[photo:126164]

Piano wrote:

How many people have made that big show about leaving and coming back, though?

You haven't been here long enough.

@ Thread: The JFF forum was good until about after a month after being bought by Cheezburger. I don't know if the Cheezburger fags ruined it. But I did think better users would come from there. The only likeable, solid, active user since being bought by them has been Alex IMO.

Dane wrote:

@ Thread: The JFF forum was good until about after a month after being bought by Cheezburger. I don't know if the Cheezburger fags ruined it. But I did think better users would come from there. The only likeable, solid, active user since being bought by them has been Alex IMO.

I know I haven't been here very long, but I would like to hear about who has left and come back.

Dane wrote:

You know I came from cheezburger…

Derpy Vaz wrote:

I do agree that some threads are bad to begin with but it's the people here that make it interesting or stupid. If people are posting in them and enjoying themselves than you can't complain and some people will complain no matter what the topic. So just let it go. Have fun and don't get mad.

What do you mean by, "you can't complain"?
I can always complain. Actually, sometimes I really like to complain. Especially about dumb things.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

But it is my job to not have fun.

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

What do you mean by, "you can't complain"?
I can always complain. Actually, sometimes I really like to complain. Especially about dumb things.

My point is it's a no win scenario

Dane wrote:

I've been looking at KYM for about a year, but I only joined about a month ago. That being said, I hope the older users don't consider me one of these so-called "Cheezeburger fags", as I desperately try not to be one.

Fridge wrote:

I've been looking at KYM for about a year, but I only joined about a month ago. That being said, I hope the older users don't consider me one of these so-called "Cheezeburger fags", as I desperately try not to be one.

You're not, as long as you lurked, you're perfectly fine.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

My point is it's a no win scenario

I disagree. If I can find other users who also hate the lolsorandom herpderpy bullshit I can then identify users who's opinions might jive well with my own. And If I see users that argue in favor of those threads then I can tell that they're the morons who's opinions I will totally disregard.

Also, I wouldn't blame Cheezburger. I remember seeing plenty of dumb threads in JFF under Rocketboom's watch too.

TL;DR: See the title of this post.

Last edited Jun 11, 2011 at 11:06PM EDT

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

I disagree. If I can find other users who also hate the lolsorandom herpderpy bullshit I can then identify users who's opinions might jive well with my own. And If I see users that argue in favor of those threads then I can tell that they're the morons who's opinions I will totally disregard.

Also, I wouldn't blame Cheezburger. I remember seeing plenty of dumb threads in JFF under Rocketboom's watch too.

TL;DR: See the title of this post.

You can go all the way back to the last page of the JFF threads and see that it was never without herpsyderpsy bullshit. You can rise an army like Troll King tried to do but that just starts flamewars. I agree and I have said it before that some threads you look at like this….
[photo:112480]
but what can you do about it?

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

We can talk about it. And from talking about it I can conclude that you, Mr. Vazquez, strike me as a person I'm more interested in talking to than someone like Kalmo.

Kalmo doesn't like being dis-included.

You wouldn't want to see mister Kalmo mad…..

To be perfectly honest the threads that are herpy are where I try and be more creative. I am one of those creative types and I like making pics and gifs to post. I also liek to shit talk in a fun and lolzy way. So when those threads come up I have fun with my posts like this….
[photo:125832]

Derpy Vaz wrote:

To be perfectly honest the threads that are herpy are where I try and be more creative. I am one of those creative types and I like making pics and gifs to post. I also liek to shit talk in a fun and lolzy way. So when those threads come up I have fun with my posts like this….

Quote of truth.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

That picture still makes me grin XD.

Derpy Vaz wrote:

Something else that I've said time and again is that sometimes the lamest OP can make for an awesome thread if it turns just the right way…

Oh, I'm not just bitching and moaning. I've taken part in a ton of awesome discussions about Internet Culture on Reddit and Quora, but over here I rarely see anyone who's actually interested in the sociological basis of memetics over here on KYM. Instead it's mostly "post a better pic than this…"
So, does anyone here actually take an interest in how the Internet is impacting the world's culture, in how an idea born online can become part of a national or multi-national cultural identity? Or are we here to repost the same shit that's been floating around for years without asking any questions?

Last edited Jun 12, 2011 at 11:35AM EDT

Dane wrote:

Mai ninja …

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

Oh, I'm not just bitching and moaning. I've taken part in a ton of awesome discussions about Internet Culture on Reddit and Quora, but over here I rarely see anyone who's actually interested in the sociological basis of memetics over here on KYM. Instead it's mostly "post a better pic than this…"
So, does anyone here actually take an interest in how the Internet is impacting the world's culture, in how an idea born online can become part of a national or multi-national cultural identity? Or are we here to repost the same shit that's been floating around for years without asking any questions?

1. That kind of stuff is reserved for Gneral Discussion, not Just for Fun. Cause politics and socialiogy iz borings like.
2. You want a thread like that? Then make one, duh. Threads won't just appear out of no where, bamfing into reality like it's fucking Nightcrawler. You have to make them. See, this is the big problem with all of these threads. It's not the people who post in the "stupid heraderp" picture threads who are to blaim for the lack of intelligent discussion. It's the moany morons who make threads complaining about those threads instead of making their own threads.

Goddamnit.

^Hella this

OK lets discuss the cultural impact that 60's Spiderman has had on the whole Entire world and the results of how it made the wo-HHHNNNNNGGGGG

Last edited Jun 12, 2011 at 12:36PM EDT

SO then the lesson here is that if you don't like a thread, rather than telling someone to stop posting or request a ban, maybe you should not post?

THAT'S GENIUS!

Seriously, spread the word on that so people know to stop doing it.

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

SO then the lesson here is that if you don't like a thread, rather than telling someone to stop posting or request a ban, maybe you should not post?

THAT'S GENIUS!

Dane wrote:

Hands together for the Space Ghost.

Joaquin Phoenix wrote:

THAT'S GENIUS!

That's not what he is talking about at all. Stop putting words in his mouth. You want an intelligent conversation? Start a thread about one or go somewhere else. We aren't going to do what you want. You may have been on this site for a year, but I have not seen you contribute one thing to this website. Stop your bitching, and do something about it instead.

@DrPepperFan, I was doing it to protect their identities, but I guess that cat's out of the bag.
@Kalmo, listen man. I'm sorry for getting you all riled up, but I was doing this to make a point about people who continually post in a thread that they don't like. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said that people should just not post rather than telling someone to stop posting. Posting always bumps a thread, regardless of sentiment.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!