Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

Black Friday Boycott

Last posted Nov 28, 2014 at 06:56PM EST. Added Nov 26, 2014 at 07:32PM EST
7 posts from 6 users

So… the Ferguson decision has somehow led to a planned Black Friday boycott.

Personally, I think this should've happened a long time ago. I hate Black Friday. The only Black Friday that should exist is the Megadeth song.

Doesn't Black Friday just mean cheaper prices in shops – as in, not government controlled? (tell me if I'm missing something obvious here, I don't get out much :< )

I guess boycotting all shops would send a message, but then again, most people would probably not care, either in the first place or after a few years, and return to status quo, leading to stampedes into shops as is almost always the case in the high street.

And miss the day where mall security needs to be armed with riot gear? Hell no!

In all seriousness, I don't even care about black friday. Also, why is this such a big thing? I wasn't even planning to buy shit on Black Friday (unless the LoL Black Friday skin sale counts).

(and don't you dare fucking quote MLK when you're doing violent protests)

Trying to think of any sort of connection between these two things has given me a slight headache. Cop who shot and killed kid under questionable circumstances isn't indited under questionable circumstances=don't go to stores and spend money on this one day where corporations would really like you to and put a bunch of sales on stuff. Just… ?
And besides, it's not hard to realize that this effort will mean nothing, let alone cause any sort of change. (Again, I have no idea what sort of "change" they're looking for anyway.)

I find it weird that they think this is the place where they will hit the country the hardest. Do they think America is run by big corporations? Ok, well they're not that far off, but still. I also heard that there were people planning on protesting/trying to stop the Macy's parade, so the gist I get from this is they don't want citizens to enjoy a peaceful holiday, as it somehow means those people enjoying the holiday don't care about Mike Brown? I can't really speak for Mike Brown or his family, but I think one of my friends worded it best: Use this event as a reason to really appreciate, love, and be thankful for the family you have. I think Mike Brown's family would want that.

Nononifier wrote:

(and don’t you dare fucking quote MLK when you’re doing violent protests)

Read the flyer again, mate, this is planned to be a peaceful protest.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!