Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

What do you believe is the best way to live your life.

Last posted Mar 17, 2015 at 06:52PM EDT. Added Mar 17, 2015 at 01:44PM EDT
7 posts from 6 users

I believe the best way is to never act on one’s emotions, to always put reason and logic before emotion and desire.
is to never act on one’s emotions, to always put reason and logic
never
always

I personally believe that the sole, completely undoubable use of words like "always" and "never" are when it's being used in the context of describing things in the nature of the inconceivable (meaning the definition of inconceivable, not the vizzini from the pricesses bride use of inconceivable).

For example, it is inconceivable to see a triangle fitting it's definition while having four edges, because by definition they must have three edges to be a triangle, and having another edge would mean it's not a triangle anymore.

It is not however inconceivable, to imagine a few points in our lifes where it would be of little consequence to act on our feelings, infact we could even imagine a few points where it would be a reasonable action to handle our emotions in a harmless way.

Emotions are actually way far off from just being a "mental thing" because they can affect us just as much as any physical of chemical action to our bodies can. This is why mood disorders like depression and anxiety is not something you can just "will though," they are actually chemical imbalances in our brains that can effect people way beyond any "attitude problem" can.

This is why I don't think it's somehow conflicting to keep our the well-being moods, desire. and emotions in check likewise to how it's reasonable to keep our physical health in check.

But I can also conceive that you have good reasons to hold your viewpoint. Emotions are a double edged sword, and it has the power to cause damage to the well-being of people, many people, millions of people to such a great extent of power that it cannot be repaired with the same ease as it can be destoryed, but logic is not that much differant in that regard.

I have once read that emotion is the handle of the knife, and logic is the edge. A knife that has too much handle is useless, but a knife that has too much edge is something that can cause more harm to our own well being then whatever usefulness it would bring.

This is way I believe we all have to strike a balance bewteen the two so that we can make decisions that are both be useful to us and bring only the least harmless emotional consequences to the ourselves and others around us, but I can imagine that you might've already found one that works for where your life is.

I just wanted to say that the only certainty in life is uncertainty, and you might found yourself at a time where you change your view on the best way for you to live your life and do something that isn't completely logical, even though it seems very unlikely to happen from your viewpoint right now.

And now about my awnser, in the end it's up to each of us to find our own paths on how to live life because every single one of us is unique from each other, and I am still looking for my path.

All that really matters to me is if everyone can have the change to live a happy and satisfying life before they die, and It would be the greatest thing of all if the world can be at peace. People having that change to live good lives is more important to me then all of the awnsers of every big question about life, the universe, and everything.

It is not my concern whether it happens with or without freewill, god, aliens, or anything else that is or isn't inconceivable. My only concern is that on our little grain of sand we call earth, inside an endless ocean of time and space that doesn't care about us, is that we take care of each other, That is what I believe to be the best way to life live.

Last edited Mar 17, 2015 at 04:05PM EDT

Best way to live your life?

You simply become the best. Strive for it, never settle for less if less is in your way. Don't fuck around and don't waste time, keep on point all the time.

That discipline will get you up for work in the morning, see you through the day, keep you going through the tough times and allow you to achieve the best.

Be proud of yourself not arrogant or overconfident, keep your chin up and always care about what people think of you and make sure they are thinking what you want them to. Don't be pathetic and say "I don't care what people say" that type of mundane pleb way of thinking is nothing short of giving up and admitting your failure.

Have integrity in what you believe and hold faith in. Fight your corner and defend your interests from those who wish to discredit them and you along with it. Don't back down on this, always have solid integrity, as the quote goes "If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything" if you don't have enough backbone to do that then you're not much good to anybody.

Always question your own arguments and statements. Make sure that before debating your point you try and find flaws in your own logic, don't go into something without first thinking about it. Make sure that your way of thinking is solid of all sides, bolstered by your own criticisms.

Most importantly eat your five-a-day and get plenty of exercise, no I'm not joking.

to see your enemies driven before you and to hear the lamination of their wom-

okay okay, but seriously. I think live knowing all the risks is the best way to do it.

Do drugs if you want, as long as you know the risks
Have unprotected sex if you want just know the risks.

I think some of the greatest problems for the individual in society is not fully understanding the risks of their behavior. STDs, Health risk of a job, Risk of a business deal. If you don't know them all you can't ever really make an informed choice so I think its important we inform people of the risks of things and let them choose.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!