Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

What's wrong with Hillary Clinton?

Last posted Apr 22, 2015 at 02:29PM EDT. Added Apr 18, 2015 at 02:08AM EDT
15 posts from 11 users

inb4 cause she's a woman

It's the same reason why anyone mocks any candidate, they are the opposite party or they said something dumb in the past.

Something that recently came up that may have drawn criticisms/mockings is that she was spotted at a Chipotle or something and that somehow makes her less of a person.

If anything, look up what the candidate themselves believes rather than what people say about said candidate, you'll probably get a better understanding.

Last edited Apr 18, 2015 at 02:17AM EDT

People believe that she might continue Obama's policies.

People are also wary of her because of the Benghazi attack in 2012. Many believe that she tried to cover it up. Currently, the Republicans are going after her for using a private email, as opposed to a government email, while she was Secretary of State. Hillary agreed to release business-related emails, but not the private ones – this causes Republicans to get suspicious.

People also believe that Hillary's administration would be a "continuation" of Bill's administration.

Personally, I dislike Hillary for the statement she made about how "Women are the main victims of war", while completely dismissing the fact that, statistically, thousands of men are killed in whatever war they're in and, in the event that they do survive, they come back mentally scarred and unable to cope with their mental state afterwards. They end up divorced, homeless, or committing suicide, because our country treats our veterans like garbage.

I also remember the "Hot Coffee" controversy. Originally, in GTA San Andreas, the game developers were creating a mini-game where players could have sexual intercourse with CJ's girlfriend. However, they ended up scrapping the idea; Hot Coffee was a mod that unlocked the mini-game, making it playable. This caused a shitstorm with morons who constantly spout "Well, won't somebody please think of the children!" Hillary Clinton jumped into the fray and started pontificating about how video games cause violence and they need to be regulating, blah blah blah. I find this ironic considering that she pushed Obama to arm Syrian rebels (who ended up a part of ISIS), and had her State Department expand Obama's drone strikes. Oh, she also supports Israel.

But more importantly, Hillary embodies what your average politician is: an empty suit that spews bullshit from a fake smile. Does anyone really know what she's for? It seems she will say anything to have people support her…she's a great politician!

Last edited Apr 18, 2015 at 03:40AM EDT

I asked the same thing (which, i got downvoted for asking a question, what is wrong with kym community?)
https://knowyourmeme.com/comments/2501795#comment_2501795

Compared to the other people running for president.. i don't understand how people can't like her.

The best answer i got for why people don't like her is something i completely i agree with

She has no character.
You look at all the other candidates and your know exactly what they are running for… Clinton? I have literally no clue what she is for and against.

It is incredibly annoying how i just constantly hearing that people don't like her, but can't explain why.

I have started to not like her though, simply because of how empty her character is. Every other candidate i can tell you all about, and Hilary has been in the spotlight for much longer, yet i can't tell you a single thing about her, besides she maybe being a crzy feminist with saying things such as women are the primary victims of war.

She already had a chance in 2008 and blew it. She didn't look good during the Benghazi scandal in 2012. Some people don't want another Clinton in the White House and they may view her as a sequel to Obama. If people wanted a female president, why not elect Elizabeth Warren?

chowzburgerz wrote:

She already had a chance in 2008 and blew it. She didn't look good during the Benghazi scandal in 2012. Some people don't want another Clinton in the White House and they may view her as a sequel to Obama. If people wanted a female president, why not elect Elizabeth Warren?

How about anyone but Elizabeth Warren

Warren just doesn't want to run for w/e reason.

idk much about her, but i like her more than Clinton. At the very least, you actually know what Warren is for and against, unlike Clinton.

I think the reason a lot of people--on both sides of the aisle--dislike her is because she really fits the politician stereotype. She's very wealthy, been in politics for decades, and is trying to do everything she can to get elected. She'll spout all the populist rhetoric possible to get the Warren vote while Wall Street is printing money for her, confident she doesn't mean any of it. She'll decry Amercian interventionism while being the one who spearheaded the Libya clusterfuck and voted for the Iraq War.

It's going to be another shit election. The Dems will vote for her because they hate Reps more than they hate her, and likewise for the Reps and Bush (who's rolling in the donor dosh and will probably beat Paul).

I'm not political enough to really care too much about her, but I do have a major problem with the fact that a lot of people seem to be supporting her just because she's a woman. If that's the case, why not just vote for any woman over the age of 35? By their standards they're all equally qualified.

It's really annoying to continue to hear about how people are going to "make a difference" by voting for the first female president. The same thing happened with Obama and it was really shallow.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!