Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Do we really need this flood of emails?

Last posted Jul 08, 2011 at 10:06AM EDT. Added Jul 07, 2011 at 06:51AM EDT
8 posts from 7 users

Hi guys,

I'm guessing it's because I'm an entry moderator, but do we really need this flood of emails for every single request and ban on the site?

Last edited Jul 07, 2011 at 06:51AM EDT

I definitely like having notifications so I can get a detailed look at site activity.

But yeah, due to the flood of emails, I have filters up on my @knowyourmeme address, which really only handles KYM notifications and the occasional user email anyway.

Maybe there can be a place to set up which notifications you wish to receive? Or to just check them on the site?

I, too, have filters going on right now:

Is it feasible to work out a system like this, though?

Send these e-mails to the to sitemods email:
- Ban (just straight-up banning, not the deactivations or spam deletions)
- Moderator bznz (Like "New Episode up")

And for everything else, set up a "collective inbox" hosted on the site with stuff categorized as latest deactivations/spambots, editorship requests, suggestions. There wouldn't be a password per se, but you'd need to be a mod to get in.

That way, if Brad took care of an editorship request, for example, he could mark it as read, and the rest of us could ignore it.

I have no idea how technically annoying this system might be, though.

Definitely an entry moderator thing. As a forum moderator, I get a dozen e-mails from KYM on a busy week.

I didn't realize you get e-mails asking for editorship, that seems like something you should have on the site in a sort of "dashboard". Maybe even most of this stuff.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!