Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,691 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Most of my edits don't show up?

Last posted Jul 09, 2011 at 05:04PM EDT. Added Jul 09, 2011 at 09:04AM EDT
7 posts from 4 users

Okay, so after yesterday's member title updates, i realized that I was a commentator. I didn't want to stick with commentator, so I kept working on editing memes (this one imparticular). After a while, i realized that the entry edits on my main page was only 55. I thought it was low, so i went back and checked, and sure enough, it was only counting my Justin Bieber edits. Does anyone else have this problem?

I went back and tallied how many edits I have total, and I came back with 172. I lost 105 edits. Help?

Power, No Limits wrote:

Okay, so after yesterday's member title updates, i realized that I was a commentator. I didn't want to stick with commentator, so I kept working on editing memes (this one imparticular). After a while, i realized that the entry edits on my main page was only 55. I thought it was low, so i went back and checked, and sure enough, it was only counting my Justin Bieber edits. Does anyone else have this problem?

I went back and tallied how many edits I have total, and I came back with 172. I lost 105 edits. Help?

You have 72 edits and the number in your profile is cached and will be updated later. Edits aren't counted by how many fields you edit, it's how many times you've saved an entry.

I've noticed a difference too. At first I was a Research Advisor, and now I'm a Resident Researcher. I'm cool with the change, but I'm wondering if the way edits are counted was changed.

I'm not sure, but I think my edits total dropped a little. Again, I'm okay with that because a considerable amount came from simply moving entries from submissions between confirmed, featured, and deadpool. I just wish I had a better understanding of what's been changed.

Another thing I noticed is that yesterday my join date said December 23rd, 2008 and now it says December 22nd. Is this a glitch or am I seeing things?

Last edited Jul 09, 2011 at 03:03PM EDT

@ James
Oh! That explains it! I was counting total of fields edited, not separate entries! Glad to know that it changed!

@ Abra
Relax, man, i wasn't insinuating that i was edit-whoring just to get a new rank. I did legitimate editing on that page. I'm not the kind of guy to edit-whore.

@ Onion/ Garlic/ Chris/ Whatever
I think we need a post for each update, filled with the specs of EVERYTHING that is getting updated. This would clear out confusion. Also, where do you see date joined? Mine just says "about a month"

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!