Forums / Site-Related

17,280 total conversations in 1,321 threads

+ New Thread

Mission statement before entry?

Last posted Jan 18, 2012 at 12:17PM EST. Added Jan 16, 2012 at 12:37AM EST
7 conversations with 7 participants

I feel like a lot of people miss the point of KYM when they try to make a new entry if they’re a brand new member, and I honestly think a good way to fix it would be to have a screen pop up on trying to make your first entry that tells you what the site is all about. It doesn’t have to be long- winded or heady; all it needs to do is explain that KYM is an online encyclopedia of memes, and nothing more.

Jan 16, 2012 at 12:37AM EST

I think I have brought this up before, but yes, I wholeheartedly agree.
\“Thanks for Contributeing! Please take a few moments to read the Tip Box found on the right!\” Wouled even be good.

Jan 16, 2012 at 01:38AM EST

Or give people a week before they can make an entry.

Jan 16, 2012 at 03:05AM EST

Dac wrote:

I had an idea saying that they should have a specific amount of contributions if they can make a meme entry, but in retrospect, it wasn’t a great idea. Abra wisely said that if a crappy entry does come along and we think nothing of it, it could actually be a meme and we don’t even know it.

Jan 16, 2012 at 04:22AM EST

Nikolaki8 wrote:

I had an idea saying that they should have a specific amount of contributions if they can make a meme entry, but in retrospect, it wasn’t a great idea. Abra wisely said that if a crappy entry does come along and we think nothing of it, it could actually be a meme and we don’t even know it.

This is true. Just because something hasn’t shown up on the sites we usually visit, does not mean that it isn’t a meme. The internet is a big place, and it is totally possible for a meme to exist completely outside the usual 4Chan/Reddit/Tumblr crowd that most of our members move in.

Jan 18, 2012 at 08:58AM EST

Dac wrote:

hmmm, perhaps a little earlier than that.

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:48AM EST

Dac wrote:

This has been discussed a metric shittonne of times, and the answer is always no.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:17PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!