Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
User Statistics and Karma updates extremely slow

Last posted Mar 17, 2012 at 11:02AM EDT. Added Mar 17, 2012 at 06:10AM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

Yesterday, I made some posts & comments, got some Karma, gave some Karma – AKA nothing special.
However, when I looked at my profile, I still had 2 comments, 4 posts, and -1 Karma. I assumed I just had to wait a bit for the system to update, and ignored it.
An hour later, still the same. A bit more than an hour delay: annoying, but not impossible – KYM is a really popular site after all.
A couple more hours later: still the same.
After that, I went to bed. (Hey! Even überpowerfull time-travelling aliens like me need sleep!)

After I woke up & had breakfast, guess what? Still 2 comments, 4 posts, and -1 Karma.

I tried using a different browser in which I've not visited my KYM profile yet, to see if it was just my Firefox acting weird. Chuck Testa has the answer for you: NOPE!

So, anyone else has this problem?

Chris wrote:

The server just takes a while to update things like that.

I've heard you can force it to update by editing profile information but I'm not sure if this works.

Dang, beat me to it.

But yes, updating your profile by going to edit and save forces your stats to update.

Chris wrote:

The server just takes a while to update things like that.

I've heard you can force it to update by editing profile information but I'm not sure if this works.

Thank you, it worked ^^
Mods, you can lock this thread now.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!