Forums / Site-Related

16,342 total conversations in 1,290 threads

+ New Thread

Misc. questions about images

Last posted Mar 25, 2012 at 08:52PM EDT. Added Mar 25, 2012 at 08:52PM EDT
1 conversation with 1 participant

Every time I feel I might be getting close to understanding this site, I find something new that confuses me… Just a few minutes ago, I tried to upload an image.

1) I was told that I could not upload the image because it was already in the database. I looked for it and found it, but it wasn’t actually the same image. The image I was uploading was an animated image that had about twice as long of an animation than the one that was already in the database. So does the mechanism that keeps duplicates out only look at the first frame of a gif, or what?

2) The existing image had no tags on it, so I added the tags that I had been intending to put on the original. I seem to be one of the few people that puts tags on images, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to encourage people to use tags, and if there might be any interest in getting a team of people to work together to add tags to existing images? (I’m willing to put in some work on it, but with over 270k images in the database, I could use a lot of help!)

3) After updating the image with tags, I noticed that the image was hidden/deactivated, and I was only seeing it because I was a mod. I didn’t know this function existed, and while I saw a button to “reactivate” the image, I hesitated. What reasons would there be for an image to be deactivated other than being inappropriate? (This one was certainly not inappropriate, as there was no nudity or gore, and it was attached to the correct entry.)

4) Unrelated to that picture, is it still only admins that have the ability to change to which meme a picture is attached?

Mar 25, 2012 at 08:52PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!