Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

A complaint about the categories...

Last posted May 14, 2012 at 02:01PM EDT. Added Apr 27, 2012 at 04:24PM EDT
15 posts from 11 users

I mentioned this before in another thread but i'm going to say it again. The point of the categories was so we could include things that aren't really memes, but still should be included on the site. That said, just because the category is somthing other than meme, we still should be paying attention to it. The majority of entries that aren't in the meme category are not confirmed, most of which should be. For example, we have 138 undeadpooled people entries and only seven are confirmed. Among those still submissions include the nostalgia critic, Gabe Newell, Chuck Norris, AVGN and Nic Cage. To further prove my point, we have 160 undeadpooled Subculture entries, and only 24 have been confirmed. Among those still submissions include Pokemon, Homestuck, Valve and shipping.

tl:dr Entries that aren't just in the meme category need to be getting confirmed as well.

Duly noted! We're thinking about adding or tweaking a few items on the sidebar for fields like origin, but we'll keep up with the confirmation of non-meme category entries.

While we're at it, can we make a plan for decreasing the size of the Submissions? It's huge, and it's always getting bigger. Some of those entries have been in limbo for over a year.

I thank you for confirming the Cats entry, it's a good start at confirming non-meme entries. I don't want to be pushy, but i think the Homestuck entry really should be confirmed.

And the sites? There are only three confirmed site entries, and in the submission there are pages like 4chan, Reddit, … 9gag, etc.

Last edited May 11, 2012 at 02:18AM EDT

MDFification wrote:

Guys.
A lot of these articles are unconfirmed because they're not properly edited for grammar, impartiality, and paraprofessional appearance.

Before I edited it, the Lolrus entry had 4 lines to it. Before i edited it the Yatta entry was about how the op knew that a j-pop boyband were going to be popular. Before Brad edited it, The It's Goofy Time entry had 2 lines to it. All of them were confirmed when we started work on them.

Twenty-One wrote:

Before I edited it, the Lolrus entry had 4 lines to it. Before i edited it the Yatta entry was about how the op knew that a j-pop boyband were going to be popular. Before Brad edited it, The It's Goofy Time entry had 2 lines to it. All of them were confirmed when we started work on them.

Which is why Amanda and I made that project reconfirmation thread. Back then the bar for getting your entry confirmed was a lot lower. The Lolwut pear originally only read "Lolwut", and that one was confirmed.

RandomMan wrote:

Which is why Amanda and I made that project reconfirmation thread. Back then the bar for getting your entry confirmed was a lot lower. The Lolwut pear originally only read "Lolwut", and that one was confirmed.

Mythbusters still has yet to be confirmed.

I don't want to sound like I'm the only one posting on this matter, but I really can't understand why, after so much content has been added to the article, it still hasn't been confirmed.

I may be disgusted by this fact, but there is an MLP crossover in the image gallery for this. Maybe that isn't a good measure of it or anything, but…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!