Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

14,377 total conversations in 1,033 threads

+ New Thread

KYM for iOS and Android pls?

Last posted May 29, 2012 at 06:20PM EDT. Added Apr 29, 2012 at 12:12PM EDT
10 posts from 10 users

KYM dosen’t work to it’s full extent on my iPad on safari, and my main computer’s broken. It would be nice if they made a KYM app on iOS and Android.

Last edited Apr 29, 2012 at 12:12PM EDT
Apr 29, 2012 at 12:12PM EDT

This isn’t a bad idea.

But you do realize it’s not easy making an iOS app?

May 12, 2012 at 04:01AM EDT

KYM works fine on my phone (Android)
Even posting works fine.

But an app would always be nice.

May 12, 2012 at 11:03AM EDT

This was discussed several months ago I remember, but a massive shitstorm happened from a Laptop vs. Smartphone argument…

But anyway, I think Kym should at least have a Mobile version of the website if possible.

May 12, 2012 at 03:39PM EDT

It would have to be free though like facebook, so that all of our users can use it. Although lets not forget this would leave it open to tons of newfags so good/bad.

May 19, 2012 at 10:04AM EDT

Wiier wrote:

KYM works fine on my phone (Android)
Even posting works fine.

But an app would always be nice.

It would be much cleaner if you ask me. Having to try to view images and videos from KYM on an iOS device is a pain. That being said, its going to be difficult for it having to update to a site that is quite extensive not only in entries, but forums and images as well. Turning KYM would definitely be a massive project.

May 25, 2012 at 11:21AM EDT

I don’t necessarily think KYM should go mobile. But I do believe it needs MASSIVE mobile support.
Load times on my iApple are ridiculous and commenting on an entry closes out the typing box and you have to go through like 4 steps to comment without the whole page crashing.

May 26, 2012 at 01:20AM EDT

I agree.
KYM Almost ALWAYS crashes my mobile devices.
Feelsbatman.bmp

May 27, 2012 at 02:26PM EDT

KYM takes forever to post in the forums. To just click in the typing box takes like 2 minutes. And all the loading and refreshing pages, ugh.

May 29, 2012 at 06:20PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!