Forums / Maintenance / Announcements

2,044 total conversations in 85 threads

+ New Thread

[NEW FEATURE] KYM Search Filters & Chronological Sorting Options

Last posted Jul 20, 2012 at 09:29PM EDT. Added Jul 18, 2012 at 01:19PM EDT
13 posts from 12 users

Introducing Know Your Meme Search Filter 1.0! You can now narrow down your search results by:

• meme categories (meme / person / site / event / subculture)
  • entry status (confirmed / submission / deadpool)
  • sites of origin (youtube / 4chan / facebook / tumblr / reddit / twitter)!

Okay, so here's how to use the search filters:

1. Search for a keyword or a tag.

2. Open the filters menu.

3. Select a filter option.

4. If still too broad, select a secondary filter.

5. To start all over, remove all filters from the input field before you search.

Last edited Jul 18, 2012 at 01:27PM EDT

We also have two new sorting options in beta mode: chronological and reverse chronological.

They should be distinguished from newest / oldest sorting options since they're based on date of entry submission, rather than year of meme creation. So if we use the tag #newscast as an example, this is what the search results page looks like when chronologically sorted.

If you're wondering about the search operator NOT year:0 that gets automatically added in chronological / reverse chronological sorting, it is there to preclude any entries without valid year information from showing up in the search results.

Please bear in mind that we're still working on the accuracy of these sorting options an you can help us improve by filling in all metadata fields when you submit an entry!

This will make it a lot easier to find valid entries, especially when I'm trying to find possible subculture sub-entries as it saves me clicking on deadpooled entries

i like this, thank you.
i've always had trouble finding entries unless i knew the exact wording, so this will certainly help that quite a bit.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!