Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Malware Alert?

Last posted Jul 24, 2012 at 05:14PM EDT. Added Jul 24, 2012 at 02:32PM EDT
6 posts from 5 users

So I just logged on, like every other time, and went on to the Pokemon General thread. My window then proceeded to turn red, in big letters said "Malware Alert" and said that going on KYM will give my computer a virus. Has this happened to any one else? Will the site infect me, or was it just a bug. If it matters, I have "Avast Anti Virus" "Super Anti Spyware". What should I do to prevent anything from happening?

Doesn't happen to me. Anti Virus sometimes freak out a bit. You should try going in the thread again and see what happens again.

Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 02:38PM EDT

Sometimes, the pictures that users embed in threads come from sites that aren't super trustworthy themselves.

The image and KYM itself won't give you a virus, so you shouldn't worry about it.

Also, please remember to use the search function before making a thread in Site Related, I know that we've had at least two threads on this in the past.

Zach Dragon Rage wrote:

@Mex
Same thing. Here's a picture of the alert

It has nothing to do with your Anti-Virus software. Google Chrome has a built-in Virus/Malware warning feature in it that detects any links or content on that specific page that lead to something that has a virus or malware.

Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 05:18PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!