I have been on KYM for several months, and I see a great disturbance. A division between users, and one that is pretty obvious: bronies and non-bronies
As a brony, yes, I do like watching the Hub network show, “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic”.
Yes, I do like the fandom, and many aspects of it.
No, I do not like the Rule 34 of the show and its characters, but I do not judge others if they do.
And no, I do not think that EVERYBODY should watch it, and I completely understand those who don’t.
No, I do not say everyone should give it a try.
It is frilly, and that’s a truth nobody can deny. So if one does not want to see it, or even give it a try, they shouldn’t be forced to.
But, I do see a great division even among this. What I do see is that Pony-related material is nearly everywhere on this site.
To be completely honest, I do not like seeing pony images outside of pony galleries, unless it is in good taste and can be universally accepted. I understand a lot of users are tired of seeing pony images constantly from gallery to gallery, and that bronies seem to upvote them just for the sake of “they are pony-related”. I’m tired of that as well.
Now, I wish to address three groups:
- Non-bronies who do not hate the fandom: I thank you for your tolerance of the fandom’s often rambunctious behavior. I understand it can be annoying, but I thank you for being mature and tolerant about it.
- Bronies: Keep Pony-related images in the MLP:FIM gallery, the Ponification gallery, and the other pony galleries. Do not start junk pony entries and expect good results, or just to troll. Do not condemn others for not liking the show, and keep pony-related content in pony-related forums and entries.
- Non-bronies who do not like the pony fandom: Try to bear with it and hopefully, we can sometime reach an agreement so its not in your face as much here on KYM. Please try not to be too annoyed and I beg you be patient.
Now, here is my theory:
- Non-Brony Mods and even Brony Mods should have the right to scour the various galleries and see if there are pony images in non-pony galleries. If the image has no taste, or is not good enough to really be there, then the mods should have the right to remove these images. This is to lessen the amount of pony images outside the right galleries.
- Pony-related material on the front page should be kept at a minimum. The only time it should make a front page is if both sides can find taste in it, or if its extremely big (such as a big announcement and such).
- KYM forum mods should know when Pony-related content is acceptable. If you are a brony, and like going to the other forums, I implore you do not discuss or mention pony, unless the mod says its okay, and even then, do not go on about it much, and keep it at a minimum. If you wish to discuss pony, then I advise visiting threads such as “KYM Pony General”, where our good man Verbose is mod.
- This is the most radical, but if the use of the “Less Ponies” button could be reversed, that would be good. Instead of it showing less ponies, less ponies should always be on. The user should then decide if they want to see ponies or not, so the non-brony users can see non-pony material without having to see pony.
I hope this can help ease the division between the two groups.