Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Adobe Sponsorship?

Last posted Oct 06, 2012 at 07:05PM EDT. Added Sep 26, 2012 at 09:20AM EDT
16 posts from 13 users

I saw this morning that the Misunderstood D-bag entry had a banner with Adobe's logo, rather than the standard "confirmed," "remember," etc. Is it safe to assume that they are our newest sponsors?

No, that's just our new meme classification.

In the native language, adobe means something similar to joyous or beautiful. So if it's a really good one, we label it as an 'Adobe Meme.'

opspe wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Adobe's been sponsoring us for a few months now, actually.

Just since the beginning of September, the first post was on September 5th, linking to College Freshman. Another sponsored post for this campaign won't appear again until 10/9.

The campaign links back to Cheezburger's College Memes site, which is campus humor. I'm not sure of the details on how long that's running for, but I assume longer than 10/9.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

MDFification wrote:

The hostility, Twitlord, I love it.
Anyway, I have yet to see an Adobe banner. If you continue to see Adobe banners, logically they're probably one of our sponsors.

most of the ads i see are for stuff i've searched for on google (which is dumb, they're showing me stuff i've already bought) so banners don't necessarily mean sponsors but do you guys see these banners because every time i do i crack up

Last edited Sep 26, 2012 at 12:51PM EDT

amanda b. wrote:

most of the ads i see are for stuff i've searched for on google (which is dumb, they're showing me stuff i've already bought) so banners don't necessarily mean sponsors but do you guys see these banners because every time i do i crack up

It's not always things I've searched. I know this because the other day, there was a banner saying I could be Justin Bieber's ideal girl. The fact that I'm not a girl is not even the main reason why it's wrong. But anyway, I was wondering, how come they only sponser advice animal spin-offs?

amanda b. wrote:

I used to get a bunch of Romney autoplays. I also tend to get stuff like this.

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

I used to get a bunch of Romney autoplays. I also tend to get stuff like this.

If you get autoplay ads, please report them here.

Twenty-One wrote:

It's not always things I've searched. I know this because the other day, there was a banner saying I could be Justin Bieber's ideal girl. The fact that I'm not a girl is not even the main reason why it's wrong. But anyway, I was wondering, how come they only sponser advice animal spin-offs?

WAIT. you're NOT justin bieber's ideal girl?

my world is crushed…..

As for your serious question, we don't pick what gets sponsored, the client usually has an idea (in this case, college related topics) and then pick stuff that's related on our site. Image macro series are probably the only ones chosen because they're often the most accessible to these ad people. Additionally, it's affected by the way people have misinterpreted the word "meme" in the general population. I can't even tell you how many times I've heard the word "meme-ing" to refer to putting a caption on a picture. A lot of people think of a "meme" as "picture with funny words on it." It's part of the reason why this site is so important.

amanda b. wrote:

I've seen ridiculous ads before, but this one just takes the cake…

I'll show myself out…

Last edited Sep 27, 2012 at 11:35AM EDT

I guess my only this is that a lot of the OC that gets posted to this site -- was probably made with pirated adobe programs. It's just a little ironic haha

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!