Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

F***in' Advice Dog Spinoffs!

Last posted Sep 10, 2009 at 01:29AM EDT. Added Jun 24, 2009 at 01:03AM EDT
35 posts from 22 users

I'm not the only one who's really annoyed by all of these entries for Advice Dog spinoffs, right? So people won't keep adding them, maybe another section of the Advice Dog entry can be added that is just a list of them? Then, the other entries of spinoffs that made it into the confirmed list can be deleted and whenever someone adds a new entry that's another spinoff, it can just immediately be deadpooled.

Thoughts?

We're working on it. Don't worry Max, I share your pain, I never liked any Advice Dog spinoffs, or Advice Dog himself for that matter. But personal opinions shouldn't get in the way of internet science.

the only ones worth while are pokeparents and courage wolf. but thats just a matter of oppinion. particularly epic ones should probably have a separate entry though. but like rich raven and stuff, that can be done away with.

Well, it's not that I don't like Advice Dog and (some) spinoffs of it (honestly, they make me LOL a lot), it's just annoying how often another spinoff is added. My idea won't interfere with the internet science, while helping to solve the problem of there being 111154134343413181613498440000000000000q5522548741 entries for individual spinoffs. (And that's right. q's a number now.)

I second Grillist's idea. Make Advice Dog variants sub-articles accessible from the Advice Dog page or via search, but don't put them in the main meme page, as there are over 9000 variants, and they just clog up the system.

@Taryn, Unfortunately, there will be some that are total crap. There is already some content on our site that I would consider to be total crap right now. But that's just my opinion. Luckily, our genius developers are kicking around some interesting ideas for an improved voting/ranking system that will float the high-quality content to the top.

I bump this topic in order to ask a question wich answer will help, I hope, a little concerning all the Advice Dog spin-offs.

Are we still allowed to submit advice dogs spin-offs that we stumble across on the internet or is it more beneficial that there is some slowing down on it a bit ?

You know, I was really thinking the whole Advice Dog trend would be over and done with by now. I never expected it to last this long. But from checking Google Insights, it seems like the trend is just starting to take hold in Russia right now.
http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=%22advice%20dog%22&cmpt=q

It may take some time before this thing is over.

I'm not going to say anything to encourage people to submit them. But if suddenly there is one that becomes really popular and is worth noting, then we might as well take a look at it.

memegenerator.net is the culprit. To truly track this collection of memes, one simply needs to look at the site traffic. New variations of advice dog are being created regularly, and I for one believe they should grouped together, with advice dog perhaps giving way to a subclass of variants. LOLbama and Liberal Douche Garafalo have really been getting a lot of attention lately, as has my personal favorite…Foul Bachelor Frog FTW

There are tons of pictures of sexually oblivious Rhino on memegenerator and I find this spin-off very, very, utterly funny. I don't know if it's my dark side that has been corrupted by 4chan but…

It doesn't seem to be widespread enough to worth an entry here though and that's sad.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!