Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

New Community Building Contest?

Last posted Nov 20, 2012 at 02:01AM EST. Added Nov 19, 2012 at 06:11PM EST
16 posts from 12 users

When I first came to the forums, people had Alpha as F**k and RandomMan's Bitch. I was wondering if we can have those again. but I have a question: is Captain Blubber the only one who can host it? I'd like to see more activity in the forum.

The last Community Building Contest was "sponsored" by the admins; Blubber just put it together. Anyone could start one, but there's no guarantee it would pick up momentum.

It's a huge commitment, in regards to both effort and time. Don't take it lightly, bro! If you think you can pull it off, more power to ya! I'll compete for sure if you can do this.

Patrick wrote:

It's a huge commitment, in regards to both effort and time. Don't take it lightly, bro! If you think you can pull it off, more power to ya! I'll compete for sure if you can do this.

This so much. If you don't think you can give this your full attention, you won't make a good host. Co-hosting is certainly a good solution for this, but even then you need to make certain all the co-hosts give it their all. You also need to make up all the challenges, which can be quite a bitch towards the end, not to forget setting the rules related to them and making fair, unbiased, teams.

Not to forget the most important: Host =/= Participating. You'll be making a sacrifice here, so think about it very carefully, there is no switching option, only backing out and telling your fellow hosts/teammates to go fuck themselves.

Last edited Nov 19, 2012 at 07:11PM EST

Patrick wrote:

Good point. How about we start doing this sometime in the Holiday when there is more free time for everyone.

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

…Meaning we should start planning now. If we want to start it during the holiday, we need to get planning, and this stuff takes TIME.

It's been said before and again, but I think it bears repeating.

It's going to require a ton of planning, and ton of time, a ton of commitment, and a lot of hard work for you to pull this off. I can't commit to participating or helping myself, but like LUIS says, if you want this to be done during the holidays (I hope you mean winter holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah, and the like and not Thanksgiving), start planning now.

I can't put it in JFF in good faith, because it's such a commitment. It should probably be in General, if anywhere. But once you know what you want to do and understand what kind of manpower you'll need, then I'd suggest starting another thread in General. (I would personally feel comfortable only once I saw the plan in a post (or several posts, more than likely) but someone else may feel comfortable with letting you start another thread or moving this one without that. I think it's mandatory for this to go well, however.

However, I'd expect that to be at least a week away if you worked on all of the different games you would have.

According to RM, the last challenges were created by simply having a Google Doc in which the cohosts simply brainstormed for the challenges by making four categories and putting in the challenges as they thought them up. I'd need to know who's involved and their google accounts, though.

I would love to help with this. I want the communtiy to have even stronger bonds than it usually has these days.

--

Well I was gonna suggest one for my "Ann Hiro's KYM Community Reinvigoration Project"
It's like spirit week on crack pretty much.

Last edited Nov 20, 2012 at 02:03AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!