Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Any way to skip in the forums?

Last posted Jan 03, 2013 at 10:42PM EST. Added Dec 27, 2012 at 07:05PM EST
5 posts from 4 users

I know how to get to the forum comments section, but is there a way that you can see all the threads you've posted in within a list that puts the "active" threads up (as in, as it gets commented in by others, it gets moved to the top)? As well as that, is there a way to skip through everything you've already read to the newest comment? If there isn't a way to do this, is it possible to add it to it?

1. This feature does not currently exist, to my knowledge. You can subscribe to threads though.
2. This seems like a pretty damn huge thing to ask James to implement. Although the Dashboard feature needs to be cleaned up.

The subscriptions are a huge pain, just because of the emails. It works, but I'd rather not have my inbox spammed constantly.

It doesn't matter if this gets implemented slowly over the next 5 years, it would just be a nice feature to have. So many other sites and forums have similar features, and it's a huge time saver and makes coming to the forums far more enjoyable in my experience.

Dorito5 wrote:

The subscriptions are a huge pain, just because of the emails. It works, but I'd rather not have my inbox spammed constantly.

It doesn't matter if this gets implemented slowly over the next 5 years, it would just be a nice feature to have. So many other sites and forums have similar features, and it's a huge time saver and makes coming to the forums far more enjoyable in my experience.

I agree that there are many aspects of the site that aren't on par with others. KYM is a poor image site compared to many others. KYM's forum is subpar in comparison to many other forums.

But the forum wasn't a part of KYM originally, and images are only a part of the main purpose of the site: documenting Internet phenomena. The site can still serve its mission without images or the forum (albeit less effective), so fixes to both matters do come secondary. I don't think that's an excuse, but time/manpower is limited. It's probably more of a task than we know.

If this gets implemented slowly, then I'd hope James' might ask via thread for what specifically is wrong. I imagine only a few of us would be able to understand the technical details, but we can say "Is there a way to see the most recent post for a thread instead of having to scroll through 30-40 posts full of images?" He could then say that he could do that, that he can't, that the time it would take to implement something wouldn't be worth the effect, the drawbacks of implementing something, etc. That would prevent changes that have unforeseen drawbacks or a fix that takes up a lot of James' time but actually doesn't fix the inconvenience.

But that would be in his own time.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!