Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Security?

Last posted Mar 07, 2013 at 08:25PM EST. Added Mar 06, 2013 at 06:58PM EST
6 posts from 5 users

For those who have had similar issues, do not worry about KnowYourMeme's security, as in 99% of cases so far, this has simply been an issue with people embedding images or videos from sites that are not trusted, in other words, your scanning service simply recognizes urls in KYM's coding that are those of untrustworthy sites, and warns you of them. KYM is not going to give you viruses.

James wrote:

What page are you getting the warning on?

Don't know if it's related, but the last couple of weeks whenever I visit the site on my smartphone nearly all pages gives a "cannot create a secure connection" warning (even those that don't make use of embed images, as pointed out in RPP's post).

Last edited Mar 06, 2013 at 09:09PM EST

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

For those who have had similar issues, do not worry about KnowYourMeme's security, as in 99% of cases so far, this has simply been an issue with people embedding images or videos from sites that are not trusted, in other words, your scanning service simply recognizes urls in KYM's coding that are those of untrustworthy sites, and warns you of them. KYM is not going to give you viruses.

I think you're about 1% off there, bro.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!