first of all something unrelated to the topic: why was my last thread (which was very legitimate) downvoted to shit? don’t downvote this post in response to my asking so, please just tell me nicely? (inb4 LOL UR COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SITE! DOWNVOTE THEEE!!)
RandomMan says: “Ads commonly work through cookies, to make them match to the sites you visit.
What sites have you been visiting Kim?”
- I don’t visit (not even to have a peek at) ANY dating/hookup/porn sites… the only social networking site I use is facebook (assuming that is what prompted the said advertisement to appear on the right side of a typical KYM page), that’s about it
- see this advertisement:
- I don’t surf college/university/onlinecourses pages, yet this advertisement popped up?
- the only thing that proves your comment is this ad pic:
- yes I surf TD to check my bank statements, so only in this case you are correct, but next time without the condescending suggestive tone please?
RandomMan also says" "Plus with our entries like Social Justice Blogging, in a way they are related to the internet and with that with the function of KYM and thus KYM itself. Plus I don’t especially see how that can be considered “too NSFW” for KYM.
- here’s a description of the KYM entry “Social Justice Blogging” : “Social Justice Blogging is a type of blogging where the poster dedicates their time to demanding equality for racial minorities, women, LGBTQ groups, the disabled, etc. These bloggers are often criticized for being rude, obnoxious or misinformed about the topic, especially on Tumblr where people who mockingly called “social justice warriors” will attempt to find any excuse to fight for their beliefs.”
- number of things that relate the said irrelevant advertisement to this meme: 0
- I hope a teacher/parent sees a kid surfing this site, and sees the said advertisement, we all know what happens from there
Bat Pug says: “People could install Adblocker which would block the annoying advertisements like the name describes.”
- thanks but that does not really relate to what I’m trying to get at
“Also, I would recommend a add-on that would stop websites from tracking with cookies.”
thank you, I am very much going to use this from now on