Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
A question concerning butthurt mods

Last posted Sep 06, 2013 at 01:01PM EDT. Added Sep 06, 2013 at 09:35AM EDT
8 posts from 5 users

I have been warned multiple times not to post in spam threads but can anyone tell me why? They get deleted anyway and the only way i see it is butthurt mods.

Most of these spam threads, posts and entries are made by spambots. Soulless automatons who do not care for what you say.

Besides that it's pointless, commenting on such rubbish can, if they're built to register such activity, motivate them to create more spambots through more IPs to haunt this site even further, creating more work for our mods.

On top of that you're pretty much bumping them into the spotlight. No one needs to see their nonsense, so it's best to let it rot.

I'm not saying I'm an expert on spambots, but I think that covers it. If they really bother you, you can report them in this thread.
And if you're uncertain, you can contact the mods about it, but please don't be offended if they say you should stop posting on spambot nonsense, they're just trying to do their job.

We get butthurt because it makes our job harder when you comment on those threads. If you were a mod, you would understand just how annoying it is.

From the way KYM is designed, I have to remove all posts in a thread before I can remove the thread. When the thread is empty it's easy: just one click. But if there's replies, I have to take more action. And more of my time gets wasted for each induvidual post.

On top of that you have everything John just said. Responding to bots is absolutely pointless as you are just talking to a wall and promoting it further just by acknowledging its existence. Furthermore some bots are programmed to prioritise KYM more as a target if they get replies. I'd much rather you left replying to spambots to the professionals such as myself

We don't get paid to be here. Please be considerate and don't make us go through more effort

Last edited Sep 06, 2013 at 10:18AM EDT

James wrote:

You should be able to delete a thread without having to delete every post first.

That's a staff only feature, like with media deletion. Mods can only delete threads by deleting the OP post when no other posts are present.

Tbh, I never really got why we can't. Same for media deleting.

Last edited Sep 06, 2013 at 10:44AM EDT

Thanks James, much appreciate it. That simplifies things a lot

Still, that's not a green light to post in spam threads. There's still the other reasons outlined

@Rimshot

Thanks for the downvote fucknards.

Wasn't me, that's all I can say :I

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!