Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

"contribute"

Last posted Nov 18, 2009 at 07:41AM EST. Added Nov 17, 2009 at 12:39PM EST
7 posts from 6 users

should deadpooled and deleted contributions still count as contributions? if you add a "meme" that you just made up then it still counts as a contribution, even though you didn't contribute anything to KYM.

Fortunately, the guys who make up memes don't stick around long, so there's no point. They'll have 1 or 2 contribs, and that's it. When a significant amount of bad contribs are made, they are generally located in discussions, and are deleted by admins. Besides, those were intended for eventual deletion anyway, in most cases. As for ones deleted by the users themselves, I wonder.

"Besides, those were intended for eventual deletion anyway"
Um, no they weren't. Those were intended to keep there until future notification of it being memeworthy or not. They were never intended for deletion. End of story.

@Taryn
I was referencing the discussions contribs, like "A new find" a few days ago. I was expecting that thread to be terminated within a short time frame. I accidentally said "submissions" instead of discussions.

Also, maybe people could lose the contributions they earned if what the uploaded was deleted.

Example: https://knowyourmeme.com/users/crazyape

He has 18 contributions but 17 of the contributions were deleted.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!