Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

How do I mark my comment as NSFW?

Last posted Feb 19, 2014 at 05:52PM EST. Added Feb 15, 2014 at 06:01PM EST
16 posts from 8 users

You can't. Only database moderators and administrators (or just simply comment moderators) have that power.(And also. Only administrators can delete comments from other users, except the posts on your wall.)

You can ask RM,Verbose,Platus,BSOD or other database moderators to censor your comment but i don't think that's really necessary.

Last edited Feb 15, 2014 at 07:12PM EST

­­­Alex Mercer wrote:

You can't. Only database moderators and administrators (or just simply comment moderators) have that power.(And also. Only administrators can delete comments from other users, except the posts on your wall.)

You can ask RM,Verbose,Platus,BSOD or other database moderators to censor your comment but i don't think that's really necessary.

Let me correct you on that.

• Here's the list for starters.
  • Verbose is Sr. Forum, not DB, also he doesn't have the powers.
  • Comment Moderation is given alongside Entry powers (they're different roles, but they're just given to mods with Entry powers).
  • Blue Screen having them while being Sr. Forum is probably incorrect, but who the fuck cares.

Gravity Man wrote:

Try using spoiler buttons.

He's talking about spoilers in comments, not forum posts, where the spoiler button doesn't function.

Last edited Feb 16, 2014 at 09:26AM EST

BSOD is more than a "forum moderator". Since he has ban powers, he has gained plenty moderation power. Such as "image moderating" and "video moderating". He still doesn't have any power on entries though.
And ah yes, Verbose doesn't have that power. My bad.

Spoiler buttons doesn't function on comments

I wonder what is the big reason that users cannot NSFW tag on their own comments or even spoiler them.

No, I've just been a forum moderator forever. I've never done enough dabbling in the entries to merit entry powers. All I'd do with them is mark entries NSFW, remove spam entries, and edit/remove comments. I wouldn't be very involved with editing or decision making for deadpooling or nominating to confirm.

That said, I can usually get in touch other moderators who can if you forget who has what powers, but you're probably better off getting in touch with them directly since that'll probably be quicker.

­­­Alex Mercer wrote:

BSOD is more than a "forum moderator". Since he has ban powers, he has gained plenty moderation power. Such as "image moderating" and "video moderating". He still doesn't have any power on entries though.
And ah yes, Verbose doesn't have that power. My bad.

Spoiler buttons doesn't function on comments

I wonder what is the big reason that users cannot NSFW tag on their own comments or even spoiler them.

Blue Screen and Verbose are both Sr. Forum and both have ban and media powers alongside it (Sr. Forum = Forum+Media+Ban). They have the same rank, going along with the same powers. The only difference is that Blue seems to have powers that normally don't fall within his rank, as Comment is given along Entry which is the remaining rank that Blue and Verbose both don't have.

But as I said, who the fuck cares. It's not that Blue magically having Comment powers will hurt anyone. All the other non-Entry mods can easily contact one of us who have them in case necessary.

No idea really, seems logical. They can tag their own media, why not their own comments, it makes sense. But it's not like comments require NSFW tags all the time, we barely need them there.

I'll see if I can bring it up after the weekend.

Last edited Feb 16, 2014 at 01:13PM EST

Thank you based James
Oh forgot to mention: we should also be able to tag comments on our wall as NSFW too. Since we can delete them, why not spoiler them?

Last edited Feb 18, 2014 at 06:38PM EST

Good, I guess it's implemented now. Should be very useful, let's just hope there aren't too many people posting NSFW comments… *laughs nervously

Gary wrote:

Good, I guess it's implemented now. Should be very useful, let's just hope there aren't too many people posting NSFW comments… *laughs nervously

We have NSFW guidelines, those of course also count with the comments.

RandomMan wrote:

Oh my glob RandomMan replied to me.

But we all know about NSFW images, and what happened to the Cringeworthy gallery. Now of course people won't be posting those kinds of things in the comments though.

RandomMan wrote:

Oh my glob RandomMan replied to me.

But we all know about NSFW images, and what happened to the Cringeworthy gallery. Now of course people won't be posting those kinds of things in the comments though.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!