Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

That damn Tear Jerker thread

Last posted Feb 18, 2014 at 09:56PM EST. Added Feb 18, 2014 at 02:16PM EST
4 posts from 3 users

No, I'm not upset because all the images are making me cry or anything. My problem is that nearly all of the images in the new "Tear Jerker" gallery are major spoilers for plenty of things, many of which people such as myself haven't even gotten to see in the first place. Someone else was complaining about how people are spoiler-tagging all the Tear Jerker images, but that's a GOOD THING, because I don't want to see any of the Tear Jerker images in the first place. Since it's a brand-new article, the images on it will continue to exist on the Trending Images page for a while, but as long as those images find their way there, I simply cannot go to the Trending Images, something I used to do daily. I despise spoilers with a burning passion.

What I'm basically asking is whether something can be done about this particular gallery, and giving users the opinion to block all images from that gallery, like how we used to have a "non-pony" button for the trending images. I'm sure I'm not the only one pissed about all the untagged spoilers popping up in the Trending Images.

Yeah, I have to agree. If all the spoiler images were marked as such, the gallery would be 99% spoiler. I think it would be worth it though. We should get some image moderators on there. I'm just a scrapbooker pleb who can only add tags, so I'll leave the professionals to go to work. People who post spoilers should be marking them in the first place anyways.

Dude, I don't think stuff like Aerith's Death or some other old thing should be looked at as a spoiler. If you didn't want to risk having it spoiled, you should've probably seen the show earlier. Wait too long, and spoilers are something you risk on the entire internet, KYM being no exception. And looking at some of the stuff that has a spoiler tag, and some that isn't, how are these things ruining a show for me?

Oh look, someone died, but who? I have no idea, better watch the show because this reveals nothing. And look, it's Goku waving, I'm amazed by how easily I still can watch Dragonball Z knowing how often even the main cast dies there.

There's also the side here that seriously doesn't care about those spoilers, because they're aware these are old spoilers, old to a point that the ratio people long knowing about them or not caring outnumbers those wanting to see it spoilered.

The spoiler option is a user thing only implanted due to high demand, so I say let the masses decide. My vote is going with less spoilers, because some of these trivial spoilers make a quick overview in a gallery only that much more difficult.

What I’m basically asking is whether something can be done about this particular gallery, and giving users the opinion to block all images from that gallery, like how we used to have a “non-pony” button for the trending images. I’m sure I’m not the only one pissed about all the untagged spoilers popping up in the Trending Images.

Not "used to", we still have that button. And if we had to implant a new button each time people got annoyed at a single popular entry, we can create a new button each week/month. This is a really needless solution for a temporary problem that would require additional tweaks and fixing each month again. Cringeworthy, Reaction Faces, Tearjerker, fandom entries, where does it stop?

The MLP gallery only got it because that gallery was a constant and long term issue in clogging up the image stream. These tear jerkers will die in a week.

Samuel wrote:

Yeah, I have to agree. If all the spoiler images were marked as such, the gallery would be 99% spoiler. I think it would be worth it though. We should get some image moderators on there. I’m just a scrapbooker pleb who can only add tags, so I’ll leave the professionals to go to work. People who post spoilers should be marking them in the first place anyways.

My apologies, but I'm not following that solution. For what would we need image mods here, in what way does their added powers of removing images and moving between entries help here?

Scrapbookers can add NSFW and Spoiler tags. I don't know how you never noticed that.

Last edited Feb 18, 2014 at 09:01PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!