Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Suggestion about featured threads.

Last posted Feb 23, 2014 at 10:21PM EST. Added Feb 22, 2014 at 09:38PM EST
7 posts from 5 users

I think that it would be a good idea to have a list of all of the featured threads in the forums. It would be especially good for brand new members so they don't create threads about topics that there are already existing threads for.

Featured threads also contain a lot of baloney threads mods just featured at the time for shits and giggles. So outside of some good threads, you'll also have it list a lot of shit.

I can place understanding behind a list of flagged entries though.

Last edited Feb 23, 2014 at 07:31PM EST

Oh i have a simple solution for that:
1.Create a new thread called "Featured Threads"
2.List all the featured threads and add some description under them
3.Lock and then sticky that thread
Mods can re-edit and add new featured threads afterwards. It is that simple (of course i am just talking about jff for now. But it can be easily applied to other forums too)

Last edited Feb 23, 2014 at 08:16PM EST

­­­Alex Mercer wrote:

Oh i have a simple solution for that:
1.Create a new thread called "Featured Threads"
2.List all the featured threads and add some description under them
3.Lock and then sticky that thread
Mods can re-edit and add new featured threads afterwards. It is that simple (of course i am just talking about jff for now. But it can be easily applied to other forums too)

That's a good idea, so I'll go make that post now.

I don't think I'll lock it afterwards though, since we might miss some stuff and users can then post links to threads we're missing.

My only suggestion beyond what's being done at the moment is either exclude discontinued Request/Delivery threads (Art Threads, AMA's, Etc), or include but lock them until OP requests an unlocking.

Here's the thread.

Nats wrote:

My only suggestion beyond what’s being done at the moment is either exclude discontinued Request/Delivery threads (Art Threads, AMA’s, Etc), or include but lock them until OP requests an unlocking.

I didn't list any at all under the reason that they require activive participation of OP to be able to continue. They risk inactivity at random intervals, making adding and removing them from the list too much of a hassle.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!