Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

I'm quitting Know Your Meme

Last posted Dec 06, 2009 at 03:55PM EST. Added Dec 05, 2009 at 09:39PM EST
21 posts from 12 users

hey, First off I'm quitting for a few reasons

1. Most people here have been pretty rude to us (some a good reasons too [sorry]) It's just a plain mood kill the whole day when a troll is mean

2. I barely check this thing

I will still check once and a while
But I know you guys honestly don't care so carry on

Well, Pterodactyl's back, so that's a good thing.

@Bees
Redspear just left, so it's not likely you'll get harassed. Also, you're the 4th person this week who threstened to leave. We don't want anyone else gone.

@Beesandjam:
Actually, we're very nice compared to the majority of online communities. Yeah, there's the occasional troll, but we usually catch them fairly quickly. Don't let a troll ruin it for you.

This has been the week where KYM starts feeling its growing pains.

Some folks are starting to troll but everyone seems to be doing a decent job of keeping them in check (beesandjam's experience aside.)

We've also seen an explosion in off topic threads. While that's really not a big deal, it does make it harder to sift through and find the threads that are specifically about the MemeDB (or site issues for that matter.) I expect the new subforums should clear this up.

@beesandjam:
Check back in a bit after the new forums are launched. It'll be interesting to see how we all behave once karma points are added (it's not a definite yet, but your karma might happen to affect your ability to level up.)

I believe that a big problem is some of our comments towards newfags.

When some noobs get "Deadpool" as a first comment in their entry, it's a pretty big buzzkill. Whether or not their entry deserves it, I think it would be a good idea to try to see things from their POV and just kindly tell them that their entry's a duplicate, it's not widespread enough, it doesn't have enough derivatives, etc. I know I'm guilty of it occasionally, so I'll do my best to be a lot nicer too, but you’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought, “Nah, forget it. Yo homes, to Bel-Air!” I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie, “Yo homes, smell ya later!” Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

Last edited Aug 30, 2010 at 03:36AM EDT

@ Beesandjam I agree with Shadowfury. Even though we can be mean sometimes (it's the internet, come on), we try and are in general more nice than many other users on other sites. It's that there has been an explosion of trolls coming here and being mean.

@ Yatta Thank you. We need to get back on track with meme and site issue threads.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!