Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

14,020 total conversations in 1,020 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
Can a mod be banned from this site?

Last posted Apr 01, 2014 at 11:10PM EDT. Added Apr 01, 2014 at 06:59PM EDT
17 posts from 13 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Just asking. The mod named HolyCrapItsBob is one of the most unprofessional mods I have ever seen, to the point that he’s indistinguisable from the average troll here. Due to his attacks on multiple people on this site, it is safe to say that this guy has abused his power, and should be banned here.

Apr 01, 2014 at 06:59PM EDT
Quote

From what I know (not much), a mod can be banned, but I seriously doubt that it will happen in any circumstance.

Also, I’m not going to get in the whole argument with the goat topic. It’s dumb.

Apr 01, 2014 at 07:01PM EDT
Quote

Bob isn’t a troll, but his methods of approaching users about site problems are just a bit more abbressive than they probably should be. Whether this will lead to consequences is another thing, which is something you’re free to bring up but the final decision will be left to the mods and staff.

Power abuse? That’s a bold statement to make without evidence. Bob’s powers are Forum Mod. He can only really lock forum threads or edit forum posts. Entries and the media are outside of his jurisdiction. So can you deliver some evidence that shows Bob abusing his forum mod powers? If so, we’ll consider it an argument.


On that note, we have a mod review thread, and things like this are really something to bring up there.

Last edited Apr 01, 2014 at 07:20PM EDT
Apr 01, 2014 at 07:11PM EDT
Quote

I had a feeling this would be about Bob…


How he acted at first was pretty unacceptable, but it doesn’t deserve banishment at all. Yes, if a mod is worthy of being banned, they would be, but two rude comments is not nearly enough to validate a ban. He didn’t abuse his power at all. He didn’t even use moderator powers in that situation. In your post, you act like this is the millionth time Bob has done this, but I bet you didn’t even know Bob existed until he showed up at the Goat Simulator entry comments. Please inform yourself before you go out with threats of banishment.

Apr 01, 2014 at 07:13PM EDT
Quote

If this is about the goat thing, Bob’s just the subject a bunch of butthurt anger.

Last edited Apr 01, 2014 at 07:30PM EDT
Apr 01, 2014 at 07:25PM EDT
Quote

DatFeelix64 wrote:

Just asking. The mod named HolyCrapItsBob is one of the most unprofessional mods I have ever seen, to the point that he’s indistinguisable from the average troll here. Due to his attacks on multiple people on this site, it is safe to say that this guy has abused his power, and should be banned here.

¿Can you hear that? Is the sound of butthurt.

As RM said, he may be a little abbressive but he knows what is wrong and what is right.

Besides, ¿who are you to point out who should be banned and who doesn’t? Prove your point with actual facts before talking shit.


@Emerson

Thanks man. fck u ; )

Last edited Apr 01, 2014 at 07:34PM EDT
Apr 01, 2014 at 07:26PM EDT
Quote

Loli wrote:

¿Can you hear that? Is the sound of butthurt.

As RM said, he may be a little abbressive but he knows what is wrong and what is right.

Besides, ¿who are you to point out who should be banned and who doesn’t? Prove your point with actual facts before talking shit.


@Emerson

Thanks man. fck u ; )

It’s not aggressive, it’s “Abbressive”, Loli. Get it right.

Apr 01, 2014 at 07:28PM EDT
Quote

DatFeelix64 wrote:

Just asking. The mod named HolyCrapItsBob is one of the most unprofessional mods I have ever seen, to the point that he’s indistinguisable from the average troll here. Due to his attacks on multiple people on this site, it is safe to say that this guy has abused his power, and should be banned here.

I doubt you got to know Bob like the rest of us. Bob may be a bit rough, but thats what makes him fun. There are reason why some people become mods, and I trust the people who gave him the privilege. Bob has an exceptional power of being able to judge a situation, and I trust it.

Bob did not do anything in this situation, I doubt a comment or two is really abuse. He also did not use any of his moderator powers.

Last edited Apr 01, 2014 at 07:38PM EDT
Apr 01, 2014 at 07:33PM EDT
Quote

DatFeelix64 wrote:

Just asking. The mod named HolyCrapItsBob is one of the most unprofessional mods I have ever seen, to the point that he’s indistinguisable from the average troll here. Due to his attacks on multiple people on this site, it is safe to say that this guy has abused his power, and should be banned here.

Words cannot describe how pathetic you are for making this. Enjoy your ban.

Bob was Doing his job to make sure that the comment section was to be kept reliant to the entry, but obviously the inevitability of the goat tans cancer and its fanboys would have hit it near instantly. Goat tan has absolutely nothing to do with the entry other than the fact that its both about goats, nothing more. Yah his approach was rough, but it was direct and to the point and it had to be said.

Seriously, If this continues in the comments of the entry, I would suggest locking the comments so we stop a flame war from happening.

Apr 01, 2014 at 07:36PM EDT
Quote

topkek/10

Amazing arguments, I really see you are a valuable addition to this thread.

Words cannot describe how pathetic you are for making this. Enjoy your ban.

Let’s not fight fire with fire, ok?

Apr 01, 2014 at 07:44PM EDT
Quote

Wow, this thread is adorable, isn’t it? Alright then, I guess I’ll just have to fight for my good name, won’t I?


The mod named HolyCrapItsBob is one of the most unprofessional mods I have ever seen

Well, hello there, clearly new member. Welcome to KnowYourMeme. Where we take mods ranging from all levels of professions. Ones that never actually do anything. To ones who downright hate the site.


to the point that he’s indistinguisable from the average troll here.

Apparently there’s a clear distinction between the forum trolls and the comments trolls.


it is safe to say that this guy has abused his power, and should be banned here.

What powers did I abuse, pray tell? Was it my amazing ability to post? Well, that’s odd. You’re not a mod, fellow user. So, why is it that you’re posting then?

Or was it the scorn lining all my posts? Well, if you want to be babied all of your life, there’s a lovely site just for you


Edit: I realize that I’ve never actually answered your question though.

Yes, a mod can indeed be banned.

Last edited Apr 01, 2014 at 08:01PM EDT
Apr 01, 2014 at 07:48PM EDT
Quote

Ann Hiro wrote:

I doubt you got to know Bob like the rest of us. Bob may be a bit rough, but thats what makes him fun. There are reason why some people become mods, and I trust the people who gave him the privilege. Bob has an exceptional power of being able to judge a situation, and I trust it.

Bob did not do anything in this situation, I doubt a comment or two is really abuse. He also did not use any of his moderator powers.

Fair enough. Hardly changes how I view bob, but I know when to accept defeat. You can lock this thread now.

Apr 01, 2014 at 08:03PM EDT
Quote

I’d suggest you actually view a mod’s history instead of jumping to conclusions on their activity based upon one instance. You actually said in the Goat Simulator comments that you’ve never even seen Bob before.

Maybe this thread would interest you. Read the posts instead of jumping to conclusions. You seem the type to do that to further your own opinions.


The Goat-tan spam has nothing to do with Goat Simulator. It’s an awful in-joke that gained popularity with the users here, and they decided to post it everywhere. Posting My Little Pony images would be a good equivalent, and you’d see a hell of a lot more bitching if that were going on in the comments.

Some of the mods are getting sick of it, and instead of seeing users tone it down, they make it worse. It’s not a surprise that someone snapped.

Last edited Apr 01, 2014 at 11:07PM EDT
Apr 01, 2014 at 11:06PM EDT
Quote

Just wanted to unlock the thread to share my opinions on some of the user’s posts.

@Ann, RM and Sam

Thank you for you opinions. All are valid and I can admit that my actions weren’t ideal.

@Emerson, Loli and Asura

I understand that you don’t agree with the OP or why he made this thread. I still have to take the time to ask you all that you be more productive in Site Related threads (and Meme Research, for that matter). Sure, it’s not really my place to moderate behavior at this point. Still, something I feel should be done.

Edit: Alright, I’ve said my closing statements. Locking the thread now before more people can post.

Last edited Apr 01, 2014 at 11:10PM EDT
Apr 01, 2014 at 11:10PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!