Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY!?

Last posted Apr 22, 2014 at 12:00PM EDT. Added Apr 21, 2014 at 11:37PM EDT
9 posts from 6 users

In the past few months I have posted several images to the Pokemon gallery.
The most popular of which as a satirical image consisting only of the following text:

Some borderline or straight-up rule 34 featuring pokemon or characters form the pokemon franchise
give me thumbs up

Just a few hours ago, the image, which had gathered over 42,000 views, 269 likes and 14 dislikes, and was the third most liked image in the entire Pokemon gallery, went missing. I can only assume it was removed by a moderator or someone of the sort.

For what reason would that image be removed? I understand that the image was only text, and it was a satirical jab at those who upload suggestive images only to gain likes, but I believe that the image was relevant, and I can assure you, a significant amount of effort was used to create that image. Every letter was shaped and placed to be pleasing to the reader's eyes.

It was relevant, not only to this particular image gallery, but to the fan culture surrounding Pokemon as a whole.

The image itself received tremendous feedback I did not expect at all. To see that many other people who enjoy this website relate to my feelings is of great significance to me. Judging by the over-60 comments that were on my image, a lot of other users enjoyed it and understood the purpose and significance of my image.

I protest against the removal of my image, calling it unfair and uncalled for. If the one who removed my image is reading this now, I implore you to explain your reasoning, or better yet, return the image, if it is even possible.

I am Melonlord wrote:

I understand that the image was only text, and it was a satirical jab at those who upload suggestive images only to gain likes, but I believe that the image was relevant, and I can assure you, a significant amount of effort was used to create that image.

"Some borderline or straight-up rule 34 featuring pokemon or characters form the pokemon franchise
give me thumbs up"

WAS IT YOU THEN!?
(grabs you by the shirt)
WAS IT!?

Meh, this is pointless. Tell us when you actually care.

Last edited Apr 22, 2014 at 12:21AM EDT

WAS IT YOU THEN!?

(grabs you by the shirt)

WAS IT!?

ps: Would a post so shit been liked as much as that?

Last edited Apr 22, 2014 at 12:19AM EDT

We had a whole thing about Cringeworthy being content like this a couple months ago and yet apparently people still don't get it:

Content that is not directly related to the topic, or meta content, is not allowed in galleries and will probably be deleted during cleanup sweeps.

Thanks for telling us how popular it was, though. Reminds me say that all content needs to abide by those rules, no matter the popularity.

Twilitlord wrote:

We had a whole thing about Cringeworthy being content like this a couple months ago and yet apparently people still don't get it:

Content that is not directly related to the topic, or meta content, is not allowed in galleries and will probably be deleted during cleanup sweeps.

Thanks for telling us how popular it was, though. Reminds me say that all content needs to abide by those rules, no matter the popularity.

Forgive me, but I do have the sneaking suspicion that our priorities aren't in order when it comes to the rules that need to be enforced.

I am Melonlord wrote:

Forgive me, but I do have the sneaking suspicion that our priorities aren't in order when it comes to the rules that need to be enforced.

If you find content that goes against NSFW guidelines, then report it to a mod with the appropriate powers via Image Cleaning Thread, PM or IRC. The mods are human and aren't available at all times, miss some content, or subjectively decide that something borderline is still on the OK side of the borderline. There will be content that gets missed. And if it doesn't violate the rules then they have no obligation to delete it.

Your image, however, was against rules, which may have been created more recently and mostly because of one gallery, but are still rules. Priorities or not, the mod who deleted it did what they were supposed to. If you want to stop a problem, do something that will actually help instead of trying to get attention.

Yea, I was the one who took it down. Sorry, but I took it down because it was simply a meta image that served no purpose other then to soapbox your opinion and to obtain easy upvotes. And after being one of the main reasons for the closure of the Cringeworthy gallery, these types of images are frowned upon as it pushes legitimate content out on the wayside, and should be deleted on the spot. I've been doing exactly that for the past few weeks on others entry galleries as well. (E.g. Ruined/Enhanced Childhood, Reaction Faces, etc.)

I'm just gonna tell you this, I don't want to see you upload these types of images ever again. Like Twilitlord said above, you got an issue about the state of an entry and/or its galleries, take it the comment section, forums, IRC, or to the mods or staff, but never into the galleries, because it actually worsens the problem then it those fixes.

Found your image:

So yeah, don't do stuff like ^that. Meta stuff like that gets removed because it only worsens the problem regardless of how "le epic funny xD" it might be.

Not to pile on more to the bandwagon, but I agree that meta images as such shouldn't be in the galleries.

I appreciate the commentary itself, but the galleries are meant to house instances of memes/subcultures. This isn't specific to the Pokemon community, in part because it's asking for karma. Meta images that are more specific to KYM's community would be suitable for the KnowYourMeme entry (but you'll have to default to Entry Moderators with regards to that.)

Now (as I see it, at least) if this were more related to a notably memetic community where karma/upvotes were a significant portion of that community, then it would be appropriate (e.g., maybe Reddit where upvotes/downvotes are memetic in and of themselves on the site like "Upvoting Obama," "Downvoting Roman," and its image gallery with a lot of upvotes/downvotes that are specific to the karma color scheme of Reddit.)

Last edited Apr 22, 2014 at 12:02PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!