Forums / Site-Related

16,396 total conversations in 1,293 threads

+ New Thread

every freaking time

Last posted Dec 24, 2009 at 12:50AM EST. Added Dec 23, 2009 at 04:23PM EST
73 conversations with 9 participants

@Average Joe

They’re not here yet, but they’re coming soon.

I’ve seen them.

Dec 23, 2009 at 06:54PM EST

Joe, if I brought up the “Flood” section subject, it’s because that’s what the Admins have planned to do:
3 sections, one for memes, one for discussions about everything and one for flood & fun.
It has already been discussed.

Even if I know I wouldn’t be that tolerant to give in and grant something like that from people who started it recklessly in the first place whereas it wasn’t needed.
Because, once again, when some post can come to things like “Hello everyone, I’m writing here to tell the admins to ban me because I’m in a bad mood” (that thread happened, truely, but I’m not pointing at anyone, I’m talking about the post in itself), that’s not the forum that needs to expand, but the user, anyone he can be, who really needs to think about what’s he is writing, and if it’s necessary that he posts everything he wants to write down on this website.

And I’m puzzled when people genuinely say “Hey, there are too much spammers, trolls and flooders. We have to do something to stop them !”.
Newcomers, if they are not too quick on the act, try to see how things workds by looking at entries and, more importantly, the forum. What do they see ?

People creating threads for nothing but fun, but not, let’s say 1 every 3 days, no, 1 every 3 minutes.
So, what do they think ? They think it’s ok to follow the trend, and get bashed in doing so.

That “double-entendre” is really deceiving, in my opinion.

Dec 23, 2009 at 06:56PM EST

THOMAS, YOU ARE A WISE MAN

MANKIND HAS RELIED TO HEAVILY ON COMPENSATION

BUT THE WORLD MAY NOT BE AS UNDERSTANDING AS OURSELVES

FORGIVE THE FRAIL FOR THEIR WEAKNESS, AND THE DIM FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE

SAVE YOUR FELLOW MAN, NOT THROUGH RAGE, BUT THROUGH LIGHT

EDIT: Okay, I need to settle down with that pic.

Dec 23, 2009 at 07:00PM EST

Well.

Eveything seems to be worked out.

Now, if you’ll excuse me.

I have X-mas specials to watch.

Good night.

Dec 23, 2009 at 07:03PM EST

In the end, I must say we got the same hair type, Joe.
That’s bringing nothing more to the conversation but it needed to be mentionned.

Dec 23, 2009 at 07:05PM EST

Yeah, I’m gonna grow out mah beard/‘stache, and I’m not gonna get and haircuts, until senior pictures. At that time, before the photos, I will shave my head and face bald (including eyebrows, and maybe eyelashes, but I haven’t decided).

Dec 23, 2009 at 07:07PM EST

I’m hijacking this thread to say that new comments don’t seem to appear anymore in entries, while they can be seen on the front page.

Dec 23, 2009 at 07:16PM EST

yeah i noticed that too
but what is with this “Last edited less than a minute ago” crap?

Dec 23, 2009 at 07:17PM EST

Okay, I’ll chill out for a bit. For now, it’ll be reserved for when it’s requested, or when real shit goes down.

Dec 23, 2009 at 07:20PM EST

I’m glad I’m not a stupid No0b with one submission, that floods and makes dumb comments…

… oh, wait…

EDIT: SAGE!!!!!

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:45PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!