Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

HTML Encoding DISABLED?!?

Last posted Mar 12, 2010 at 01:08AM EST. Added Mar 03, 2010 at 08:34PM EST
13 posts from 6 users

Ever since Meme Database 1.8.1 was released, a large amount of bugs were repaired and of course new features were added as well.

Unfortunately, HTML Encoding (as in adding images, HTML writing such as blockquoting, headlining, bolding and italicizing words)
have been removed from profile editing features.

In a nutshell, this probably happened to you…

(Ignore my crappy interludes, they're just a crappy attempt to get your interest on this thread)

I don't necessarily understand, I mean,
we haven't had a huge dilemma with HTML on our profiles, and I don't understand why it should be disabled now when it's CURRENTLY not a problem.

Of course, There have been a few people who put a lengthy image with a huge height, but they were quick to remove it.

I just want to understand why it is disabled, and if we can ever receive this feature again.

Last edited Mar 08, 2010 at 01:20AM EST

There were some users that would embed ridiculously large images in their profiles that would break the page layout. They were not quick to remove it. They were there until we removed it. This is why we can't have nice things. Sorry.

Like chris said, some users were posting LARGE photos on their problem. But, the real problem was spam accounts adding images and (semi-)malicious code in the profile.

Until we find a better solution, we've disabled it for the time being.

Suggestions include re-enabling for user accounts older than a month, or allowing only images uploaded to KYM. Suggestions welcome!

Sorry peeps!

Maybe have a special "Profile monitor/moderator" to watch for abuse. That way the people like BioticZombie don't have to suffer.

Last edited Mar 07, 2010 at 12:55PM EST

I believe we should distribute a Code of Conduct for profiles, and enable Profile Moderators to send warnings, remove blatant and raunchy content, and submit a ban appeal.

For example, Watcher would be a perfect candidate for a prestigious position such as profile moderator because he's persistent when it comes to removing spam, advertisement, and other malicious profiles.

Profile Moderation is probably a good idea to look into.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!