Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
+1 Confirm / +1 Deadpool

Last posted Jun 02, 2010 at 03:09AM EDT. Added Mar 23, 2010 at 09:49PM EDT
21 posts from 16 users

We need a sensible voting system that will actually be useful.

A voting system? Well, as Chris has previously said, all +1's are entirely disregarded when it comes to doing anything with an entry. When it comes time for me or any of the other mods/admins to confirm/deadpool an entry, I, as well as the others I'm guessing, completely ignore all of those comments. A voting system would just organize the +1's. It would just make users feel as if they have contributed something useful to the site, when in fact they have not.

All of this in my own opinion.

Last edited Mar 23, 2010 at 11:41PM EDT

You know, that's probably the 3rd topic on that subject, and I doubt that more than 1/5 of KYM forumers (so I'm not counting those who only look at entries) are going to read it.

There is no point to it, there is no point in installing a voting system.
Since when the users are the dominant voice to confirm a meme entry here ?
It's fairly because opinions goes from "Not a meme bullshit go fuck yourself" to "+1 meme I don't have to argue why it's a meme I just know it guyz !" that comments like these aren't in any way an influence in deadpooling/confirming entries.

Comments are only useful when they can provide information that are missing to an entry, or suggesting relevant trails of hints to investigate, not simply saying "+1 work on origin" or "Add derivatives !" which don't help at all.

But I guess it can't be helped, that's why one of the FAQ's suggestion was to tell people not to react too violently to comments, and only pick up the ones that seem relevant to their interests.

Unless you have some better suggestions to offer on this…?

Last edited Mar 24, 2010 at 12:02AM EDT

God, why can't people just understand this.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER PEOPLE PUT +1 ANYTHING.
Also, a voting system would be retarded. Like it or not, some memes are memes, whether you hate them or love them.

Please, stop posting these threads. It doesn't matter if it's an eyesore. So is that weird aunt with the hairlip that visits you every Easter and tries to kiss you and you're like, "wtf step off", but she isn't going anywhere either.

Agreed.
This won't change anything, and it's not like +1 stuff prevents us from reading the entry. They're at the bottom of the page! Comment sections always have crap. We're not as bad as YouTube, but it's still crap.

Does this really need to be talked about. it cant really be that bad can it?
u should just let those people do it if it makes them feel like they did something important.
its up to them to realize that unless they actually post something important and helpfull,it really wont mean anything.

Agreed.
It's in a category that has a virtual disclaimer that says "This section may or may not contain useless garbage." It's like complaining about mediocre posts on /b/, because some comments are crap. They're not to be taken seriously.
Lock, please.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!