27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

polls

Last posted Oct 13, 2010 at 05:06AM EDT. Added Oct 10, 2010 at 08:45PM EDT
12 posts from 5 users

Should be a poll panel under the editor list with
+1 Confirm
+1 Deadpool

Mainly for the memes that have been in submission for more then afew months, if it gets x amount of confirms it gets auto confirmed.

If it gets X amount of dead pools it gets auto deadpooled.

Programming Talk:

It will be based on if someone votes their user ID is added to a list of previous voters in a coma list, i.e

User 1 and User 2 vote confirmed then the sql database will be

Confirm
Deadpool
Voters

in which the confirm and deadpool will be the amount voted for the results part, and the voters will be "1,2"
and then broken into an array to see if the person has already voted and can no longer vote.

Last edited Oct 10, 2010 at 08:47PM EDT

This isn't really a well thought out idea.

You see, it is most probable that a system like this will backfire as most users, especially newer less experienced ones, won't be voting based on whether or not articles are notable memes or not. No, this will be an "I like/dislike this meme" sort of voting. It's also easily spamable by trolls who make duplicate accounts and a very biased form of voting.

No, it would still be best if we just let the staff work on confirming the articles at their own pace. They know what they're doing and each article will be sent to its rightful placement.

Really, people ought to take that voting energy and click the favorite button. Then we could take the most-favorited items and consider them for the Featured section.

"Confirmed" means that we can confirm that everything stated in the entry is true and complete, with proper attribution given to everyone involved.

Auto-confirming doesn't accomplish that.

You know we should make a incomplete section so people can tell the bull, from the unconfirmed.

And -1 to OP for trying to make KYM like AAAAAAAMOURuchur.

Last edited Oct 13, 2010 at 03:27AM EDT

what i was generally applying is if a submission hasn't been approved or declined in so long it will be into a "voting" stage, like how Yahoo Answers does.

AMERICA

oh, wait, it's not a 'MERICA thread?

Oh.

Sweatie's right, people have suggested it before, it's a bad idea. Don't argue, it's by mutual agreement.

Last edited Oct 11, 2010 at 08:52PM EDT

mhm was just an idea, didn't think of the outcome like most of you have stated.

Im a web developer so I see stuff in a different view I guess.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!