Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

"Meme Templates" section

Last posted Oct 15, 2010 at 04:34PM EDT. Added Oct 14, 2010 at 01:14AM EDT
10 posts from 6 users

Everybody I know loves memes. As I've seen and joined in the lovely fun of making meme pictures I've also wanted to be able to have a sort of template for the ones that have been drawn – eg: the trollface, forever alone, gentlemen – for further customization.

Please consider?

@Sweatie – Thats going a little bit short of the idea. We aren't a image hosting site you are correct, but we are a meme database that holds various information and mass images of a certain internet culture, so, in a sense, we should have templates for stock that people could take and use to make more brilliant hilarity.

@JackCandle – Even moreso strengthening my suggestion – to "just dig around" requires extra time. It would be easier if we had a section with all the templates separate from the photo section because as is we already have a plethora of meme photos as is. For us to say to the user who wants to make their own lulz to dig around to find the templates or make threads asking specifically for the template of a meme would take much more time and even more upkeep in the forums. I don't think that the staff of KYM would want more to look after than they already do.

There is an entry about Exploitables where I used to upload all the template images that were posted on the site. I haven't maintained it in a while.

Adding things to that entry is the fastest way to get this section going! Rather than waiting for code changes first…

@Jamie This sounds like a good fix for the time being.

@Jumpstyler – this is true, but memegenerator doesn't have as much organization like KYM does. As you know there are certain tiers on the site, and if you wanted to, a user would be able to start their own tier thinking it would progress into a higher tier – which is almost like an attempt to force a meme. That's why I disagree with MemeGenerator.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!