Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

"You may only edit a post within 10 minutes of creating it." Wat.

Last posted Jan 09, 2011 at 10:13PM EST. Added Jan 04, 2011 at 05:14PM EST
22 posts from 10 users

Can we get rid of this please? What if it takes me more than 10 minutes to notice that I've said the wrong word? I accidentally said that the government is supporting wikileaks and I couldn't correct it. What use is the edit button if we can't use it?

No, I know why the policy was instated, and it makes sense. If you experienced any of the douchbaggery that was this thread, you would know too. I mean (and this was not the case with that thread, if you missed it) you could post something awesome, get a bunch of karma for it, then go back and edit the post to be a bunch of CP and claim KYM was a bunch of pedos.

I'm not sure why this was implemented. It seems a bit weird to me to take ownership of a post from a user.
I'm in favor of either raising the window, or getting rid of it and going back to how it used to be.

Snarb wrote:

I'm not sure why this was implemented. It seems a bit weird to me to take ownership of a post from a user.
I'm in favor of either raising the window, or getting rid of it and going back to how it used to be.

Btw, could you fix my mistake on the Senators on Wikileaks thread?

Brucker wrote:

No, I know why the policy was instated, and it makes sense. If you experienced any of the douchbaggery that was this thread, you would know too. I mean (and this was not the case with that thread, if you missed it) you could post something awesome, get a bunch of karma for it, then go back and edit the post to be a bunch of CP and claim KYM was a bunch of pedos.

^^ this

Jack Candle wrote:

Glorious solution: make a View previous edits button. Sorta like on meme entries, so we can see what was changed from edit to edit.

Everybody wins. Or am I overlooking something?

My jaw dropped in the presence of your idea's levels of WIN

Jack Candle wrote:

Glorious solution: make a View previous edits button. Sorta like on meme entries, so we can see what was changed from edit to edit.

Everybody wins. Or am I overlooking something?

Since I've never seen such a thing, I can only imagine it's a developer's nightmare.

It's a good idea, but it doesn't stop people from changing their posts entirely

I seriously doubt people would click to another page on every edited post to verify its accuracy

Why is the time limit an issue? If it's a typo you can re-read and edit it right away. If you are wrong about something, why not just post a followup apologizing?

Jamie Dubs wrote:

It's a good idea, but it doesn't stop people from changing their posts entirely

I seriously doubt people would click to another page on every edited post to verify its accuracy

Why is the time limit an issue? If it's a typo you can re-read and edit it right away. If you are wrong about something, why not just post a followup apologizing?

Because angry people don't read followups.

Quite honestly, the first time I saw a real problem with people wrongly editing threads was a while back where someone changed it after the other users posted to troll. Has there been anything bad other than that, nothing, so I see no reason with limiting the time posts can be edited. (However, if I'm wrong, please correct me.)

This threads entirely black and white, we are not asking for it to be removed, we are asking for it to be extend by 6 times (to an hour).

Also wasn't it my idea to troll using this method?

Last edited Jan 09, 2011 at 10:13PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!